Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Baby car seat

Looking at Entegra Anthem rbq and Newmar DS rear bath. If anyone takes a baby along that is in a car seat, what location is best while traveling and how do you make sure it is well secured? All suggestions appreciated?

drjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #2

There would have to be a forward facing seat with a factory installed belt in a booth dinette. Then you would have to have info from the manufacturer as to placement of the anchor for the top strap on the child seat.

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
There would have to be a forward facing seat with a factory installed belt in a booth dinette. Then you would have to have info from the manufacturer as to placement of the anchor for the top strap on the child seat.
X2. We never hooked up the top strap, but it's a good idea.
Stewart, Brenda and kids
2008 Newmar Canyon Star 3410
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Funny story... My wife likes to tell,

When we bought our first MH, we were traveling for the first time with our 3 month old at the time. With all the gear packed in the car, we happened to drive by an RV dealer and went in to fingerprint a few. Six hours later we had bought our first RV.
Getting ready to leave the lot, my wife asked the salesman "where do we put the carseat?"
His answer was..."you know? We don't have many customers that have that problem" insinuating that only older people by these things...
Well I'm proud to say I'm now 46 and DW is 36 and 4 daughters later we found a way.... and still have 2 in carseats!!
2007 Travel Supreme Select Limited
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Ford Super Duty Owner
Its been decades since I've faced this question but the forward facing statement set off a bell.
Here is some info I picked off the net by a baby doctor....

"Car seats for infants are placed facing the rear because in a head-on collision the muscles of the neck of an infant are unable to adequately support the head as it violently lurches forward. If the infant were facing forward during a head-on collision, significant head and neck injury could occur even though the baby remained adequately seated in the car seat. These muscles become strong enough at about two years of age. Therefore, to turn the car seat around, the child ought to have had her second birthday. But what about the 20 pound rule? This rule is set because most children at 20 pounds are tall enough to fit into a forward facing car seat. Notice I said most children. There are some shorter children who reach 20 pounds before the restraining system of the forward facing seat correctly fits. When this occurs, an infant car seat that allows for higher weights, but can also be used rear-facing, should be purchased. I always suggest putting your child into the seat in the store before purchasing one. "Trying on" the car seat is a good idea before spending a lot of money on one."
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we traveled with the twins had seats facing back ward in dinette and wife had to sit with them until they fell asleep.
I added two straps thru floor with bolts because they only had belts installed in forward facing seat.
Gene has good info.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
In most coaches, the best place would be the passenger seat or the dinette unless you happen to have another forward or rear facing bucket chair or something with a seatbelt. If your dinette does not have seatbelts, in most motorhomes it's really not hard to add them.

Once you've selected the seat, you want to put the childseat so it's rear facing.

michelb is offline   Reply With Quote