Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Talking Back on the saddle

Perhaps some of you may remember my thread started on June 28, entitled "trip home from dealer gone bad", in which I reported on the blowing up of my right hand side front tire. Why this long silence since back in June? Simple answer: It took three months to do the rather simple repairs that were needed, and another three weeks to receive missing items, such as the lug nut covers that were somehow not replaced. I made my trip from Colorado to my home, in Park City, UT, and then another trip for fun to Moab, with a very ugly looking wheel. The problem was not at the level of the mechanics, that were actually quite competent. The problem in that dealership is at the white collar level where there is no coordination between different departments. That it to say, that I would not use them again as a dealership, but I would not hesitate to stop by for emergency repairs if I found myself in that area. During my trip home and the other trip to Moab, everything worked without any problems, and both I and my wife fell in love with the unit all over again. It is important to point out, that without the help by Joyce and Jeremy at Entegra, probably I would still be waiting for my coach to be finished. We are lucky to have people like that supporting our coaches. I met both Joyce and Jeremy personally, when I went to visit them during the summer while I was in Chicago. The tour had already left, but Joyce arranged a private tour for me and my wife. The tour was very instructive and I was very impressed by the quality of the work that goes into our coaches. We are leaving for another trip in three days to Capitol Reef, and then we'll have the last trip of our very short season in November, again to Moab. I am confident that everything will work just fine, but, if not, I know I will have great support from a great company. I will try to be more active on the forum, now that I am back on the saddle. During these past months of waiting I have followed the forum regularly and I have learned a lot from a bunch of very knowledgeable people. I will be picking your brains in the future, I am sure.

Mauro
2014 Anthem 42BRQ
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Were you able to determine why the tire failed?
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Were you able to determine why the tire failed?
The bits and pieces that survived were sent to Michelin, but I do not think a cause was ever found, or at least declared.

Mauro
2014 Entegra Anthem 42BRQ
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote