Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2018, 08:39 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Back up display

My 2015 Aspire has the Xite radio and right below it a similar sized LCD display which, when on, shows the rear view with both the left and right rear side view screens superimposed (P-I-P style). There is no branding on the display, and no buttons for anything that even remotely looks like a menu or setup key.

I would like the display to show only the rear view, looking back at the road and further. Anyone know the make/model so I can try to find a manual? Or know how to get at a setup screen?

Thanks much.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #2

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, there is a toggle in the settings menu. I'm sure someone will come along that knows for sure. I know my 2018 has a touch screen and you touch the top of the screen and several options including rearview appear.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

On the 2015's, I don't think there is a mode or set up change that will fix that issue.
I didn't like that view on ours either. So after talking with Mike at Entegra about it. The only thing I could do to change that was.......had to take the dash panel out that holds the radio and that screen. And be careful that plastic material cracks very easy. Then up in the front of that dash, there is a block with a number of RCA connectors attached to it. 2 of those need to be swapped with each other. Those are video feeds for each screen. Basically your swapping the radio feed to the camera screen and the camera to the Xcite screen. That will put the full view on the bottom screen. This is years old information and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the RCA connectors to change are yellow and were the one's furthest left on the block. But you might be able to trace those feeds from the screens to know which ones to switch.
I hope this helps and after I did it, the camera/screens now work fine and show the views I wanted.
Bpeter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:23 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
This worked on my Classic. The original poster Hawgguy has a 15, so it should be the same on yours.
Copy and paste:
A previous post by Hawguy, about two weeks ago described how to fix this problem. It was....go into your XCite radio setup, MODE, SETTINGS, REAR VIEW, OFF. I'm know it doesn't make sense that the side cameras are controlled by the "rear view" , but that's the way it is
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
This worked on my Classic. The original poster Hawgguy has a 15, so it should be the same on yours.
Copy and paste:
A previous post by Hawguy, about two weeks ago described how to fix this problem. It was....go into your XCite radio setup, MODE, SETTINGS, REAR VIEW, OFF. I'm know it doesn't make sense that the side cameras are controlled by the "rear view" , but that's the way it is
That's the procedure I was thinking of. It worked that way on my 2015 Anthem. Chuck, you either have a prodigious memory or a superbly organized favorites tab.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Copy and paste:
That must have been designed by the same guy who decided that the thermostat should say "Gas" in order to run the Aquahot on diesel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Copy and paste:
Chuck, I just went out and tried it on my Anthem and it did not work.

The only thing it did was make the rear view on the "radio" screen not work when you shift into reverse.

I was hoping it would work on mine, as I also do not like those side cameras blocking the view.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Boyd, when my GPS/radio head was changed, my screens were backwards also. I changed them around, don't remember how I did it now, but I switched it to the lower screen. I did it with the programming buttons switching the screen selections. Turning off the side cameras as explained worked. My side cameras were purple and worthless. Now my GPS stays on when I make lane changes.

I printed the instruction out and put them in the MH file if the new owner should want purple side cameras.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:35 PM   #9

Great idea Chuck, I really like the thought of the screens being switched. I will look into that.
Boyd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Okay...what am I missing? On our 13 Aspire and our 17 Aspire our cameras behaved the same - full back view at all times unless we use a turn signal, then we got views from the appropriate side camera. I know you can toggle through the default view to show either back, sides or back and sides. I don't remember right now how you do that toggle process but if that's what you are seeking let me know and Rick and I will go out and play with the settings to get the process.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
The way mine is now is the radio/GPS on the top screen, no more side cameras to interrupt the GPS and the backup camera is on the bottom screen full time.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:07 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
The way mine is now is the radio/GPS on the top screen, no more side cameras to interrupt the GPS and the backup camera is on the bottom screen full time.

That’s exactly what I hope to accomplish. Haven’t had a chance to work on it yet but will soon.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 AM   #13

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Chuck,

One more thing you're going to like on your 19 - the Total Vision Camera system. I can't imagine not having it.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Chuck,

One more thing you're going to like on your 19 - the Total Vision Camera system. I can't imagine not having it.
Thnaks Bil,
I am sure there will be lots of huh's!? until I get it all figured out. Anything has got to beat the purple side cameras of my Classic The Digital coach looks like it is going to be fun.