Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #1

Backup camera intermittent

Would anyone have the schematic for the backup camera. My camera is blinking and blacking out intermittently on bumpy roads. I believe it is probably a loose connection somewhere and the schematic would be helpful.
Any advice?

Thank you.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:54 AM   #2

My camera has been doing the same thing since new. A few weeks ago I pulled the dash and found it’s connected with HDMI cables so it’s not a very tight connection. I twist tied the cables together in attempt to isolate the movement, so far no in and out over bumps.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #3

After trouble shooting mine, the issue was a defective in line fuse holder. If you pull the front panel, you will see one of the common in line fuse holders going to the rear camera. It's seems weird that such a simple part would fail, but when I juggled the wire at the fuse I could reproduce the problem.
dasadab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

Mine has been doing that for months. The dealer traced it to the camera itself - some were not sealed properly when mounted and have corrosion. Supposedly it will be replaced when I can get to the dealer.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasadab View Post
After trouble shooting mine, the issue was a defective in line fuse holder. If you pull the front panel, you will see one of the common in line fuse holders going to the rear camera. It's seems weird that such a simple part would fail, but when I juggled the wire at the fuse I could reproduce the problem.
Are you talking about the panel that the camera display and the xite stereo panel is mounted to?

Thanks a lot.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 12-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #6

On my 2019 37MB, I am referring to the panel the front and the little video monitor is mounted to. It’s basically a touchscreen about the size of an iPad. The “iPad” panel is mounted to it. It has some short screws around the perimeter. It’s the center front – area. No major surgery required. I’m talking about the center Dash area. Whereyou view the cameras if you were driving. It took the tech about a minute to remove the screws and check the wires until we found the right one.
dasadab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had similar issue. Found it to be hdmi cable connections not screwed into core module tightly.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #8

I have a 2015 Aspire & lucky my camera is okay but my problem is it doesn’t show enough. I tow a flat bed trailer & I want it to show the car on the trailer but when I’m backing up it doesn’t show how close the trailer is to the corner of the coach. I looked into bumper back up alarms but they would go off because of having the trailer back there. What can I do, put another camera in or what?? Thanks b.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:22 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneboy302 View Post
I have a 2015 Aspire & lucky my camera is okay but my problem is it doesn’t show enough. I tow a flat bed trailer & I want it to show the car on the trailer but when I’m backing up it doesn’t show how close the trailer is to the corner of the coach. I looked into bumper back up alarms but they would go off because of having the trailer back there. What can I do, put another camera in or what?? Thanks b.
We had the same problem, whenever we hit a hard bump. Turned out to be a connection in the panel above the driver seat, it was not seated together tightly. Check the connections behind wall in your rear closet by removing the access panel, middle of storage bay just in front of the in house batteries, connections to monitor.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwhite View Post
We had the same problem, whenever we hit a hard bump. Turned out to be a connection in the panel above the driver seat, it was not seated together tightly. Check the connections behind wall in your rear closet by removing the access panel, middle of storage bay just in front of the in house batteries, connections to monitor.

Thanks for the info. I will check all of those location for a loose connection.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
Old 12-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
Thanks for the info. I will check all of those location for a loose connection.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
I hope it is that simple. We had that problem, but it was traced to a staple through the cable. Under warranty, a new cable was run from the monitor, through the basement area, up through the closet and hooked to the camera.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera