RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #1

Baffled - Ent Ctr Accent Light

Well I have had my coach (2012 Aspire DEQ) for five years and just noticed I have accents lights around the EC emblem on the ceiling but cannot find the light switch. I see it is fuse #47 and have turned on all of the switches but none turn on the accent lights. Fuse 47 is labeled as Ent Ctr Accent Lights.

Can anyone with a 2012ish Aspire check and let me know how yours is turned on .... baffled!!!

Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire DEQ

Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We have the same coach and ours has never worked. There is not a dedicated switch for it and I don't know which is supposed to turn it on.

coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanrvr View Post
We have the same coach and ours has never worked. There is not a dedicated switch for it and I don't know which is supposed to turn it on.
. LOL...good to know Iím not missing something!!!
Old 12-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
This was a common issue, ours was not working at delivery of our 2013 RBQ either and it took a while before we realized it was there.

As originally wired on my coach it came on with the Living Room ceiling lights which made no sense to me. I eventually rewired it so it came on with the toe kick lights under the fireplace on our RBQ.

The light itself (if it's like the 2013) is a rope light (incandescent) and the power connection was a bit flaky. I fixed it a few times by removing the LED light in the ceiling near the rear left (driver side) corner of the emblem. On mine the lens screwed off, allowing access to the screws that hold in the fixture. Pop out the fixture, then reach thru and jiggle the connection at the end of the rope light. There might be enough slack in the wiring to pull it down to fix the bad connection if needed.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the response Rob. Strange way to set those up! But I actually did not know about these lights (rope like you described) until last night and will check the wiring. I see where they loop around and wire into the bottom ceiling light and will check the connection. If you have pics or link to your mod I’d appreciate it.

Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire DEQ
Old 12-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The rope light in the pre 15's are kind of flaky even if you do find a switch, maybe 1/2 of them will go on sometimes. In the new models they replaced those light with LED rope lights, where they all work. As my new incandescent replace at PDI die out they will be placed with LED's. Those can be turned on from anywhere by adding a remote inline or adding to existing wires if you find a workable switch.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #7

Great point Chuck and since I just followed your procedure for installing the LEDs outside I’ll follow the same as these go flaky.

I was just shocked to,find something that has been there for five years of owning the coach and never saw them. ‘Always Learning!’

Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire DEQ
Old 12-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
Thanks for the response Rob. Strange way to set those up! But I actually did not know about these lights (rope like you described) until last night and will check the wiring. I see where they loop around and wire into the bottom ceiling light and will check the connection. If you have pics or link to your mod Iíd appreciate it.

Jeff & Terri
2012 Aspire DEQ
Sorry no pics to the mod and we no longer have that coach, but basically I just cut and capped the existing power feed to the rope light then fished a new wire from the rope light thru the ceiling into the half bath where the firefly panel was on my coach. I found the circuit for the toe kick lights behind the firefly panel and tapped it.

That was an RBQ so not sure on a DEQ but I think you have a hutch(?). If that is lighted maybe that circuit would be the closest and easiest to tap into.

Hope that helps, good luck!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow I just happened on this thread and looked at my ceiling accent piece, it does indeed have rope lights up under there. Learn something new every day! Mine do not work so thatís another project.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
On our 13 that rope light didn't work until our last visit to Entegra. We had mentioned it a few times and been told that they were non-operational, just a leftover from an earlier design that had never been removed from the design. On our last visit we asked again and they connected them - to the overhead light - and seemed surprised that they had never been connected. We were glad to have them functional but didn't really see the point. It would have been nice to have them on a separate switch. They would make a really neat nightlight for little ones sleeping up front.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
On our 13 that rope light didn't work until our last visit to Entegra. We had mentioned it a few times and been told that they were non-operational, just a leftover from an earlier design that had never been removed from the design. On our last visit we asked again and they connected them - to the overhead light - and seemed surprised that they had never been connected. We were glad to have them functional but didn't really see the point. It would have been nice to have them on a separate switch. They would make a really neat nightlight for little ones sleeping up front.
Agree, it's more of a "mood" light, that's why we rewired them to come on with the toe kick lights. You could also add a separate mechanical switch, but the toe kick light circuit on our '13 RBQ was dimmable and tapping it there made for a nice effect.

Tags
led, light