Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaptain View Post
While diagnosing my banging noise, I spent a considerable time on the phone with Spartan. And Spartan has discussed with Reyco and Entegra. My takeaway from these discussions is that shocks may fix porpoising but Spartan doesn't think it will help with the banging at the top and bottom of the suspension travel. The shop re-torqued the eccentric bolts properly, and increased the governor to 135 psi. Hopefully one or the other will fix it.

Is there a diagram with the location of the eccentric bolts? Also torque spec?
Klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
While diagnosing my banging noise, I spent a considerable time on the phone with Spartan. And Spartan has discussed with Reyco and Entegra. My takeaway from these discussions is that shocks may fix porpoising but Spartan doesn't think it will help with the banging at the top and bottom of the suspension travel. The shop re-torqued the eccentric bolts properly, and increased the governor to 135 psi. Hopefully one or the other will fix it.
Only from my personal experience and on a Classic with the smaller 46mm shocks, that was not the case. Mine would bang so hard, it would knock fillings loose. It can happen but a lot less with the larger 60mm shocks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klucas View Post
Is there a diagram with the location of the eccentric bolts? Also torque spec?
See my post (#17) in this thread for the diagram. I don't recall the torque spec; perhaps 225 ft.lbs.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
My ‘19 Cornerstone appears to behave in the same manner. Sounds like suspension bottoming out under certain conditions.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
See my post (#17) in this thread for the diagram. I don't recall the torque spec; perhaps 225 ft.lbs.

Take care,
Stu

Thank you. I’ll check this and see if they are in spec.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thank you. I’ll check this and see if they are in spec.
Just to be clear, I don't know the torque specs. If I recall correctly, it's 225 ft.lbs. However, I may not recall correctly.

Please confirm the correct torque specs from a reputable source (not me).

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #49

Quote:
When driving at higher speeds (>50mph) there is a loud banging noise below the front seats when going over a bridge junction or big dip. It seems as if the suspension is topping out (bang noise) and bottoming out. Usually one bang as the coach rises, but sometimes top and then again as we bottom. Also sometimes as we hit a dip, there is a loud bang as the coach hits the bottom of the suspension travel. Not every junction, nor every dip, just the bigger transitions. It doesn't seem to porpoise as in other threads, just bang at the top or bottom or both.

Spartan (Coach Care in Houston) has checked the ride height (which was in spec), and adjusted (increased) the front pressure. Also, per Entegra, checked the generator slide to see if it was moving.

Spartan will send new shocks (Bilsteins) that they use on the '19 chassis, but they want me to pay installations fees (~$850). Entegra - Spartan have me in the middle.

I don't want to throw parts at the problem, nor am I anxious to pay to install.
Does this sound like new shocks will fix the banging? Is $850 about normal to install new shocks? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Bill,

We had what sounds like the same issue. Wouldn't happen every time, but would occur once or twice a day depending on miles driven and road conditions. We took the coach to Spartan in MI for service and a couple of issues, one of which was the front suspension noise. The tech re-torqued the A Arm bolts which he indicated were not to spec prior. Have not heard the noise in roughly 3K miles since.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Hope you have better luck than I am having. My RV is at the Houston Cummins Coach Care - also Level 1. All parties are trying to help, but Entegra and Spartan both say they've not heard of this before.

Spartan will send newer Bilstein shocks at no charge that are tuned differently, but seems like the '19 is having the same problem even with the newer shock. Cummins Coach Care updated the estimate to 1.5 to 2 hours labor each wheel or about $600 to change the front shocks. I'm still reluctant since it's way high -- and we're under warranty.

From what I can tell reading through other threads, others report the fix is either shocks or incorrectly torqued bolts on the control arm. There are a few of us on this thread with what sounds like a similar clunk noise. Don't know why Spartan/Entegra say they haven't heard of this.

Go see these guys. https://www.snelsonservices.com/ They are off 610 east. I used them for my previous RV and if i have any with my 18 Anthem it will go here.
I already replaced my fronts with Koni. No issues.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
Go see these guys. https://www.snelsonservices.com/ They are off 610 east. I used them for my previous RV and if i have any with my 18 Anthem it will go here.
I already replaced my fronts with Koni. No issues.
Hopefully it'll all be good, but if not I'll give these guys a call. Thanks for the lead.
zcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #52

On Post #40.... I Said oil filter.... I meant a fuel filter.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #53

I picked up my coach from warranty work yesterday. While I was there I asked about raising the psi to 135. They did it to my coach. They raised it to 133 they said it was the highest it would go. The dash says 147 at the max. The ride is much more stable. No excessive porpoising and a 200 mile ride I didn’t hear any banging. Those who had the pressure raised what is the reading on your dash?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #54

Quote:
I picked up my coach from warranty work yesterday. While I was there I asked about raising the psi to 135. They did it to my coach. They raised it to 133 they said it was the highest it would go. The dash says 147 at the max. The ride is much more stable. No excessive porpoising and a 200 mile ride I didn’t hear any banging. Those who had the pressure raised what is the reading on your dash?
Mine is reading ~138PSI after the governor increase.
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
My dash reading after popping off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-03 08.58.06.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	226121  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #56

Maybe they have it a touch to high. Mine was reading a high of 147 on both.

Tags
noise