Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #1

Cool Batteries Sufficient On Entegra Aspire?

Have noticed on the Entegra Aspire we only have four house batteries. I know most mfgs. are installing 6 when you have the extra load on a Residential Refrigerator. Will our generator be starting up all nite to keep our batteries charged. We only will be overnighting for one nite at a time . Will we need to add two more batteries?
nathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Everyone else has a min. 6 batts with all electric. I have 8 batts and can barely make it through the night.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Everyone else has a min. 6 batts with all electric. I have 8 batts and can barely make it through the night.
The Aspire isn't all electric. That feature is only available on the Anthem and Cornerstone.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans View Post
Have noticed on the Entegra Aspire we only have four house batteries. I know most mfgs. are installing 6 when you have the extra load on a Residential Refrigerator. Will our generator be starting up all nite to keep our batteries charged. We only will be overnighting for one nite at a time . Will we need to add two more batteries?
I would suspect you would be OK especially if you run your generator to top off your batteries and get the frig cold for the night. When you are ready to shut things off for the night, try to limit opening of the refrigerator door. Also you can save battery power by turning off the inverter. Then in the morning, start the genset back up and put a good charge back on the batteries.

If I was you though, I would check to see if there is room for two additional batteries.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
The all-electric option replaces the gas cooktop and ammonia gas refer with electric-powered units. Since the batts aren't going to run the cooktop, the residential refer is the ONLY thing added in an all-electric rig. Therefore, the use of an extra couple of batteries is MANDATORY with this setup. As mentioned, my 8 batts are marginal, in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
The all-electric option replaces the gas cooktop and ammonia gas refer with electric-powered units. Since the batts aren't going to run the cooktop, the residential refer is the ONLY thing added in an all-electric rig. Therefore, the use of an extra couple of batteries is MANDATORY with this setup. As mentioned, my 8 batts are marginal, in my opinion.
Bob, the OP says he's looking at the Aspire. It isn't all electric and has a gas cooktop and also uses LP for the aqua hot. I don't see why an extra couple of batteries are MANDATORY if they exercise care and don't go to bed with everything turned on. Would a couple extra batteries make it easier? - definitely and that's why I recommended them in an earlier post.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, I understand. The batteries will have to be in top condition and FULLY CHARGED. He will need to kill all standby drains from entertainment systems, all lights off, of course, and maybe, just maybe he'll get by. But I'd make sure that auto genset start is working reliably....mine never has.

Would I want to live with those constraints?...NO WAY!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans View Post
Nathans- what do you think? Can you put up with the limitations for just a night?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #9

We have a 2011 Aspire 40SKT with the 120V residential refrigerator, propane AquaHot, and propane stove. No problems overnighting with just the 4 batteries. Use lights, TV, showers, etc. just like when we're plugged in to shore power. No dead batteries in the morning. The generator has never automatically started. Have yet to push it to two nights in a row parked without running the genset, though.
rrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #10

I have an Aspire 40DRQ and can report the same thing. - no problem running the refrigerator and lights for a night. I can't tell you if the batteries will support TV usage since we almost never watch them when we're in the coach! Four TVs - more than in my house - and we still have yet to try all of them! Oh well, we've got 1.5 years left on our warranty!
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #11

Thumbs up Entegra Battwriews Sufficient on Entegra Aspire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrider View Post
We have a 2011 Aspire 40SKT with the 120V residential refrigerator, propane AquaHot, and propane stove. No problems overnighting with just the 4 batteries. Use lights, TV, showers, etc. just like when we're plugged in to shore power. No dead batteries in the morning. The generator has never automatically started. Have yet to push it to two nights in a row parked without running the genset, though.
Do you leave the Residential Refrigerator on?
nathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #12

Yes, we leave the refrigerator on and use it like normal. We don't restrict opening/closing doors. We use the ice maker dispenser, too. I even watch the LR tv while wife watches the BR tv late into the night.
rrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We've never had a problem making it thru the night with our 2012 42RBQ Aspire's battery's. We run the lights, TV's and use the refrigerator with ice maker as usual. I do have the auto start set but it only comes on when the ac's call in the summer. In the cooler months it never starts. On the other hand we never stay more than one night dry camping.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #14

Bob, not sure why, only 2 more batteries than the Alante but with them being AGMs you would not believe the difference. We have the auto start. Set but it has never started except on ac call,unbelievable.

Tags
batteries