Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Battery recommendations

Unexpectedly find ourselves looking for new coach batteries...like right now! Picked up our coach after two months storage to find power went out and batteries at 2.6V. Tried charging for a few hours but the minute I took the charger off they dropped like a rock. Was thinking L16's but battery tray is only 21" wide and all L16's I've read about are over 11.5" long each. Don't have time to modify tray so probably have to go with stock replacement. Did read about Lifeline AGM GPL-6CT AGM with 300A/H which would fit but don't know anything about them.
Any recommendations would be welcome. PS - didn't win lottery recently so Lithiums are out although the thought is intriguing LOL!
Thx in advance!
Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2019, 12:42 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lifeline AGM GPL-6CT AGM is an excellent battery. Spendy, but a top of the line battery.

Would be my choice if they would fit in my coach.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:23 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Ditto. Lifelines are the best you can get in an AGM bettery. It’s what I replaced mine with. Get the biggest ones that will fit in your space.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:47 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I'm replacing my batteries with the Lifeline AGM GPL-6CT. I purchased from the batteryguys, 800-350-8101 as the ship for free to your door. They also price matched where I just happened to find them $20 cheaper at another store. I checked the size and they are the same except for the height. Which in my coach will not be a problem.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #5

Trojan T105 AGM are a good choice as well
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Lifeline are top of the line, but if you have to have them right now and can't wait for shipping if not local, I had good Luck with East Penn AGM's. https://www.google.com/search?client...battery+brands
They manufacture the DEKA and Duracell brand along with others that can be found locally at Golf cart and battery supply houses. They held over night charges much better than the factory installed batteries and are manufacture in the USA, not China.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #7

I would of loved to go with the gpl-6cts but my battery bay was too tight in height and did not want the extra weight.

We went with 4 of the gpl-4cts and they are night and day compared to the crap that was in the coach.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #8

Like others who have replied, I'm a big fan of Lifeline deep-cycle AGM batteries.

Installed a bank of six GPL-6CT's in our Tiffin Allegro Bus (photo below) and expect to replace the Discover L16's in our Entegra with Lifeline L16's when the time comes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lifeline GPL-6CT Batteries in 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	232486  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks all for your input!
On our way to Phoenix for some Spartan warranty work this week and will be stopping by Copperstate Battery to pick up the Lifeline GPL-6CT AGM's. Hope to do the install before the weekend and then all I have to do is try to figure out the correct settings for the Magnum panel Oh well...one step at a time lol!

Thanks again!

Rob
2016 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2018 Ford F450 Dually /w Lance 1191 Camper, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2018 Lincoln Navigator,FFR Mk #3 Roadster
Snkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snkbyte View Post
Unexpectedly find ourselves looking for new coach batteries...like right now! Picked up our coach after two months storage to find power went out and batteries at 2.6V. Tried charging for a few hours but the minute I took the charger off they dropped like a rock. Was thinking L16's but battery tray is only 21" wide and all L16's I've read about are over 11.5" long each. Don't have time to modify tray so probably have to go with stock replacement. Did read about Lifeline AGM GPL-6CT AGM with 300A/H which would fit but don't know anything about them.
Any recommendations would be welcome. PS - didn't win lottery recently so Lithiums are out although the thought is intriguing LOL!
Thx in advance!
Rob
I had this happen thought I was going to have to replace the battery. But I filled it with water then put my 10 amp battery charger on it and nothing after charging all night. So then I hooked up the rolling battery charger with the 200 amp jump start. I turned it on 200 amp jump and after a minute or 2 the meter on the charger started to register a charge. Left it on for a couple more minutes then turned it down to 40 amp quick charge. The battery took a charge and I've been using it the last 6 months.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We upgraded to eight Lifeline GPL-6CT AGMs over a year ago and without changing any normal electrical loads, we got 11-hrs on one full charge. We love them.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lifeline are top of the line, but if you have to have them right now and can't wait for shipping if not local, I had good Luck with East Penn AGM's. https://www.google.com/search?client...battery+brands
They manufacture the DEKA and Duracell brand along with others that can be found locally at Golf cart and battery supply houses. They held over night charges much better than the factory installed batteries and are manufacture in the USA, not China.
Agree w East Penn AGMs excellent value and they are available at Sam's Club
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #13

I also second the East Penn Duracell from Sam’s. The factory wet cell Interstate batteries were corroding the battery bay to the extent I had to replace several cables before I put the new agms in. Couldn’t be happier. They work great and about half the price of Lifeline.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #14

I have nothing bad to say about the East Penn/Deka/Duracell GC2 AGM batteries, but there is one consideration when comparing them to Lifeline AGM’s with the same GC2 footprint. Which is that the East Penn GC2 AGM’s are rated at 190 Amp Hours, whereas the Lifeline GPL-4CT’s are rated at 220 Amp Hours, and the taller GPL-6CT’s are rated at 300 Amp Hours.

For those who rarely if ever dry camp it’s pretty much a non-issue, and as noted the price of the East Penn AGM’s is very attractive. But for those looking to maximize house battery bank capacity, the Lifeline GPL-4CT’s offer a 16% advantage over the East Penn batteries, and the Lifeline GPL-6CT’s offer a whopping 58% advantage (assuming your battery compartment has sufficient “headroom” to accommodate the taller GPL-6CT’s).

No right or wrong answers – just do your homework, pay your money, and take your choice.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery