Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I believe the tile is laid up to the cabinetry, not underneath
You are correct. This is one of the major differences between Entegra and the competition. Something also to consider with the tile, is that the grout is not sealed. I will have that alone of the first things I'll take care of.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,

Not familiar with what "sealed" means. Could you explain the process?
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #17

Dave,

A grout sealer can (probably should) be applied to any grout that may be in frequent contact with dirt/muck. It's cheap, but time consuming. Simple as taking a sponge brush dipping it into the sealer and applying the sealer to the grout. We will definitely be applying it to our new one.

Caution should be taken if you intend to apply a grout sealer to grout that is already "dirty". As the sealer will "seal" in that dirt or discoloration.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Dave,

A grout sealer can (probably should) be applied to any grout that may be in frequent contact with dirt/muck. It's cheap, but time consuming. Simple as taking a sponge brush dipping it into the sealer and applying the sealer to the grout. We will definitely be applying it to our new one.

Caution should be taken if you intend to apply a grout sealer to grout that is already "dirty". As the sealer will "seal" in that dirt or discoloration.
The sealer is especially important if you ever drop or spill something on the grout in the kitchen. The grout is porous and will soak up most liquids ie wine, tomato sauce, soup etc. if the grout is sealed, the liquid can be wiped up without leaving a stain.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #19

It was our understanding that this is an epoxy grout and does not need to be sealed. The dirty look is a systemic problem in the grout mix.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
It was our understanding that this is an epoxy grout and does not need to be sealed. The dirty look is a systemic problem in the grout mix.
I believe it is an epoxy grout (which allows for the coach to flex without the grout cracking). However, I'm not certain about epoxy grout not needing to be sealed.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Makes me wonder then how/why the bathroom grout (Anthem) is such a pretty, even white...even where the inlay tile was done???I would think the tile guys are the tile guys on the assembly line. Something in this grout thread just doesn't seem to make sense...JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
This thread has moved pretty far from valances but it is true that epoxy grout can look like it has dirt mixed in. Our stix house has several different colors of epoxy grout throughout. One bathroom which happens to have the lightest color grout in it always looks dirty. The installer was at a loss going so far as to get a different batch from his supplier, which made no difference. I don't know if Entegra is having the same problem or not but there are issues with epoxy grout.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
This thread has moved pretty far from valances but it is true that epoxy grout can look like it has dirt mixed in. Our stix house has several different colors of epoxy grout throughout. One bathroom which happens to have the lightest color grout in it always looks dirty. The installer was at a loss going so far as to get a different batch from his supplier, which made no difference. I don't know if Entegra is having the same problem or not but there are issues with epoxy grout.
Good point Gary. Regarding valances, we've got 20k miles on our in a year. So we've spent some time in our coach. I've never once had an issue w/ one while making the bed. The wife will usually help make the other side and she hasn't had an issue either. So I'm a little perplexed w/ this one.