Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #1

Bedroom valances

Have any Entegra owners skinned their arms on the corners of the wood valences, on either side of the bed, while making up the bed? Any solutions?
Thanks, Lois
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours are padded and covered with a matching fabric to the rest of the bedroom decor, a little cozier than plain oak, and easily changed when the duvet cover gets changed out.
Daytrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Took one look at those valances and just knew they would do damage. So it's the very first thing we changed when we got our coach. We made valances out of luan, had them padded and covered with fabric. We added faux curtains down the side.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Lois,

Get Noel to make up the bed---that way you don't get skinned up

Chuck Cauthorn from our visit at the factory--hope y'all are doing well!!!
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #5

Bang mine most every night IN bed! Getting used to it. LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #6

Hey Noel & Lois,
It seems my wife hits her arm a few times a week while sleeping as well as when we make the bed. We thought of rounding the corners also.
How about your floors. Do the tiles drive you crazy yet or are you going to have them ripped out? Ours look as though a 2 yr. old put them in. We are going to address this issue when we get to Tampa along with the other issues we have on our list. We just don't understand how the floor can look this terrible in a coach that costs this much.
I know it's not just us. Others can't have a much better finish. Our 2012 was a lot better fit and finish than our 2013.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
Hey Noel & Lois,
It seems my wife hits her arm a few times a week while sleeping as well as when we make the bed. We thought of rounding the corners also.
How about your floors. Do the tiles drive you crazy yet or are you going to have them ripped out? Ours look as though a 2 yr. old put them in. We are going to address this issue when we get to Tampa along with the other issues we have on our list. We just don't understand how the floor can look this terrible in a coach that costs this much.
I know it's not just us. Others can't have a much better finish. Our 2012 was a lot better fit and finish than our 2013.
Very interested in your floor comment. Our 2013 tile grout looks like it came from a batch of dirty grout. Some areas are fine and other areas have dingy going on grey grout. Also uneven grouting. It is going to have photos taken while having some warranty issues worked on. Not sure how to fix it but we just got the coach in Sept. and haven't had a chance to get them dirty ourselves. Hope they can come up with a fix. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #8

The only fix for bad grout is to grind out the old grout, clean eveything, and regrout. along with the high and low spots and some areas of no grout, our tiles are very unlevel, which to fix also have to be removed before they can be fixed.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
My '11 Insignia tile floor is as level and grout smooth as my house. On my first visit to the factory in '12, I met the middle aged guy who did "all" the tile floors at that time. He was very professional, knowledgeable and proud of his work, and I told him it showed.
Apparently the increase in volume has spread their skills a little thin. Good tile men aren't hard to find especially in Amish country. so it's kind of hard to fathom why Entegra's hasn't identified and fixed this issue before they left the factory!
It's a lot cheaper to do it right the first time.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestew View Post
Very interested in your floor comment. Our 2013 tile grout looks like it came from a batch of dirty grout. Some areas are fine and other areas have dingy going on grey grout. Also uneven grouting. It is going to have photos taken while having some warranty issues worked on. Not sure how to fix it but we just got the coach in Sept. and haven't had a chance to get them dirty ourselves. Hope they can come up with a fix. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
One of the exact items I have on my punch list. At first I thought maybe it's just surface dirt they didn't clean before delivery, then I thought it might be some new fad and was supposed to be that way, but the more I look at it the more it looks like they just mixed a little mud in their grout. I'm hoping there is an easy repair rather than re-grouting everything, but why put down such a pretty floor and have the grout so poorly done.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We too have dirty looking grout! I've scrubbed it and it does not get any cleaner. There has got to be something mixed in with the grout, that has discolored it. The dealer is supposed to be fixing it along with a list of some other minor things in March. I was hoping there might be another fix other than grinding it all out and regrouting? That is going to make a major mess everywhere.
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Has anyone talked with the factory about this problem? Are the new coaches still leaving the factory this way? I hope not!
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I hate to enter the fray on this grout thing, and certainly if there is a space or hole in the grout, that's an issue. I've done a little work with tile, but I am no expert...I guess the question I'd ask is with the grout colors are they after a rustic look with the floors. At least, my decor is Tuscan Glaze, implying a bit of a rustic look. Now if I had a dirty look in the tile in my bath, I might be more concerned, but there it is white as it should be unless you're after a different look there too.

I do see a little sloppiness in one place where they didn't get the grout off the ceramic tile (if you don't know the process, they lay the pieces and then cover the whole lay and then clean off the grout covering the actual tiles...sorry I don't remember how they arrive at the indentation between tiles), but I'm pretty sure it is all laid by hand, especially the half inch tiles. Thus, I'd expect "imperfection".

Soooooo, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending, but my suggestion is to ask the question of Entegra. Ask them what they're after with the look. Or express concern and see how they respond.

I do know that to relay the tile, you're looking at a major visit back to the factory, and likely some hotel time. As it appears to me that the cabinetry and appliances are placed on top of the tile, I suspect major removal of stuff out of the coach to get to the task. I'd be really uncomfortable with that. Reintegration might add problems.

Guess I'll stay with my "rustic" look and assume that it was done this way on purpose
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #14

I believe the tile is laid up to the cabinetry, not underneath
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote