Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #1

Best Spot Free wash system

Hi all: I just purchased a new coach and am looking for advice on the best do it yourself Spot Free wash system. Thank you

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #2

Check out this thread on putting a system together yourself. Not sure if that is what you meant by "do it yourself" or not. There are a few purchased units CR_Spotless amongst others. I built my own and have been happy with it cuts wash time way down.
If you would like to assemble a 10 in. DI rinse unit

Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
After watching and talking to several professional RV mobile wash crews one thing I learned is to use DI water for the whole process, not just for rinsing. That way there can't be any non-DI water remaining on the surface to dry and leave spots.

To make using all DI water possible you need a DI tank that will produce enough DI water over time so you're not constantly changing the resin. I settled on this as a good combination of size and ability to produce plenty of DI water.

https://dirinse.com/product/d-i-rinse-pro-50-unit/

Used with a pressure washer to reduce the flow rate (the one I have is about 1.25gpm), I estimate I can wash my coach at least 10 to 15 times before I change the resin. My first choice is still to have a professional crew do it when available.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

Check out the new system from CRSpotless, the SimpleChuck. Works great, more compact than the one I have at the house. Something like $70 for an exchange of the cartridges including shipping each way. www.simplechuck.com

ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #5

I have been using the cr spotless for a few years now..
Overall works pretty good...
I wash my roof with the full coach every time which only gets me about 3 washes per resin change... different parts of the country have harder water than others.. I think the west is the hardest where I live..kinda expensive considering the the resin change is about 80$ per refill.. I got tempted by the post on guys selling those Tubes that supposedly make the resin last 3 times longer and they sold a cheaper resin with it.. well. Stay away from that... didn't really change the amount of washes I got then the unit started reading weird..
Waste of money... and by the way... don't try cheaper resins they sell
Online like on amazon... they must be different because they also didn't
Work in the unit.. in fact I just learned that painful lesson his morning..
Put in fresh resin off amazon and did half the coach.. got a work phone call and left for a hour. Came back to huge water spots sitting in the hot sun... what a nightmare.. luckily I had a fresh bottle of the hot sauce water spot remover and had to hand rub the whole left side of the coach..
Moral of the story... buy the cr spotless factory resin ..
Costco on line is the cheapest.... jmo
Old 09-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
There are $400. plus commercial units and the self assembled units mentioned above. I have the self assembled unit for less than $100 including resin for two units and mine works as good as the professionals washing RV's in the parks. Good enough for me. The second unit is left at home for doing the windows on the S&B spot free. Both units use the same material, I use this resin from ebay and it works great. DI RO COLOR CHANGING RESIN Deionization 5 LBS BAG - ResinTech MBD-30 | eBay

On the linked post...read to the end and order the DuPont Cartridge, much better unit.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I bought the On-the-Go unit and I'm very happy with the results. I also use DI water for washing with the foam cannon completely covering with suds makes the process fast! Foam it....then a quick mop....then rinse all with DI. Finished in 45 minutes and no drying.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
After watching and talking to several professional RV mobile wash crews one thing I learned is to use DI water for the whole process, not just for rinsing. That way there can't be any non-DI water remaining on the surface to dry and leave spots.

To make using all DI water possible you need a DI tank that will produce enough DI water over time so you're not constantly changing the resin. I settled on this as a good combination of size and ability to produce plenty of DI water.

https://dirinse.com/product/d-i-rinse-pro-50-unit/

Used with a pressure washer to reduce the flow rate (the one I have is about 1.25gpm), I estimate I can wash my coach at least 10 to 15 times before I change the resin. My first choice is still to have a professional crew do it when available.
Wow.. 10 to 15 complete coach washes out of this system... seems like this system is way better than the cr spotless... seriously I get like 3 to 4 washes maybe... are the bags of replacement resin
Exspensive?
Is your water in your area considered really hard?
Thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Wow.. 10 to 15 complete coach washes out of this system... seems like this system is way better than the cr spotless... seriously I get like 3 to 4 washes maybe... are the bags of replacement resin
Exspensive?
Thanks
One thing that Bill mentioned that I also found most helpful for longer resin life was the correct use of a 1.2 gallon per minute pressure washer. I use the fan spray for rinsing.

The home assembled unit I will get 20 rinses out of a 5 lb bag and that was with terribly hard Petoskey MI water. I use soft water for washing and rinsing, DI for final rinse.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
One thing that Bill mentioned that I also found most helpful for longer resin life was the correct use of a 1.2 gallon per minute pressure washer. I use the fan spray for rinsing.

The home assembled unit I will get 20 rinses out of a 5 lb bag and that was with terribly hard Petoskey MI water. I use soft water for washing and rinsing, DI for final rinse.

Yes... I have been using the electric pressure washer @1.2 gpm
From harbor freight with my cr spotless.. ( by the way is junk and broke on me yesterday) going to get Costcos version.. take it back if anything goes wrong with no questions or receipt needed..
I do use the di water on the entire wash process...
What do you mean "soft water for washing and di water for final rinse?
You must have 2 different systems then ...
Old 09-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Exspensive?
Thanks
The product claims 2,000 gallons (at a TDS of 120 or less) for the .5 cu ft of resin that the DI50 holds. So using 200 gallons per wash - about 10 washes. The unit comes with 1 cu ft of resin, so I have one refill.

I know I can wash my coach with 100 gallons, so the number of washes should be higher. Since I still prefer to let a pro wash my coach it may take a while to find out if I actually get that many washes.

The DI Rinse resin is $180 for 1 cu ft. It appears the CR Spotless resin is $215 for 1 cu ft. These are prices from the product websites and may be cheaper through Amazon or elsewhere.

As for hard water, I have the built-in automatic water softener that others have talked about on the forum, so I'm always starting with soft water. I've never checked the TDS of my soft water. It's something I need to do to make a better estimate of how many washes I might get.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes... I have been using the electric pressure washer @1.2 gpm
From harbor freight with my cr spotless.. ( by the way is junk and broke on me yesterday) going to get Costcos version.. take it back if anything goes wrong with no questions or receipt needed.. I have shopped 1.2 pressure washers, I like the small foot print of the Ryobi for Home Depot and I believe also had a 2 year guarantee by local dealers. The fan spray from the Harbor Freight unit fits the Ryobi.
I do use the di water on the entire wash process...
What do you mean "soft water for washing and di water for final rinse? Refer to the linked post, the DI unit is inline with my water softener, turn a lever and I have DI water for final rinse.
You must have 2 different systems then, yes I do, softer water for the MH, then add the DI unit when I go to wash the MH. ...
Others are going to have to experiment what works best for them. I have been building DI rinse sticks for over 10 years. From great posts on this forum, copying ideas from commercial units, assembled unit that Doggy Daddy shared from a water store, I have a super easy to carry DI rinse system that is inexpensive to operate. Best part, it works as good as anything on the market as they are all about the same. The smaller the unit, the slower the flow has to be for the resin beads to work. The slower the flow the longer the resin lasts.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #13

Culligan service guy told me if I used Reverse osmosis water through the DI filter would make it last a long time. RO filters a cheap. Haven't done it yet but the plan is to take soft water run through RO filters and through DI filter in to 2-300 plastic tank at home. Should have good wash water , maybe.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem16 View Post
Culligan service guy told me if I used Reverse osmosis water through the DI filter would make it last a long time. RO filters a cheap. Haven't done it yet but the plan is to take soft water run through RO filters and through DI filter in to 2-300 plastic tank at home. Should have good wash water , maybe.
Yes, that is true. RO is just slow and there can be more waste water.
We produce 1000's of gallons daily at our plant here and that is the basic process RO then DI resin beds.