Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #1

Best way to buy a new Entegra?

Hi All,

We currently have a 40' coach and have it sold. We are looking at Entegra coaches and wondered a few things. We are limited to a 40' coach (Aspire) and see they are limited to one floorplan. It seems other makes have more floorplan choices and better appointments than Entegra does in the 40' coach. We plan on custom ordering a coach for us. Does anyone have experience with getting some Anthem furnishings pout into an Aspire coach?
1. Only 2 house batteries - they are AGM, but still, for an all electric coach that seems marginal. Does anyone know if they will put more in?
2. 32" TV up front is small, can they put in a larger front TV from the Anthem line?
3. Manual shades in the living area - most other coaches are electric shades at this price point.

Who are some recommended dealers for % off MSRP?

Thank you all,

heathtx
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but Entegra has never allowed any customization on its coaches. A few customers buying have been able to get minor changes but adding Anthem equipment to an Aspire is unlikely. FWIW, we’ve never had an issue with only two batteries in our Aspire. I believe there is an option to add two additional batteries but I don’t know if that option is offered on the 40. As for the rest, you can ask but don’t be surprised if it can’t be done.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Actually there are two 40 footers in the Entegra luxury coach lineup. The 38M and the 40P are the same length (40'6") and ride on a Spartan with a 24K rear axle (no tag).

1) According to the Entegra website the additional two batteries are an available option and will provide a total of about 800 amp-hours. It is highly recommended to order that option if you intend on doing any boondocking. If you never boondock it's not an issue.

2) The 38M has a 48" TV and a fireplace option.

3) One of the reasons our second Entegra was also an Aspire is because it did NOT have the electric shades. The manual shades are more reliable and in our view more convenient and flexible to use (the front window shades are still electric on the Aspire).

You may be able to customize some items, but it will be limited.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Get on the internet and search all the entegra listings for the model and floor plan you want... rvt.com .. RVTrader.com are great sources..
When you find the right coach then get on the road and go see it and DRIVE it... make sure the color combo suits ... then make your best deal..
And remember that 2 owners posted on this forum really recently that they bought brand new 2017 entegra insignias for 200 grand ..
I believe they have a $380,000 msrp... do the math... that shows there's
That much mark up in these beauties ...some dealers may not others will..
You gotta test the water with them... happy shopping... that's the funnest part sometimes...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #5

Too bad they dont make a rear bunk option in their coaches! I cant see the functionality of the coffin box/closet bunks they are building!!
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Too bad they dont make a rear bunk option in their coaches! I cant see the functionality of the coffin box/closet bunks they are building!!
The bunk arrangement in our Entegra Aspire 44R, is almost identical to the one in our Tiffin Phaeton 40QKH, with a few enhancements.

While the hallway is narrow before 2018.5, they have added some width to the hallway, making passage with slides retracted somewhat easier.

In terms of functionality, we used our QKH for around 26,000 miles, and have a tad over 22,000 miles in the last 18 months on our Aspire.

The bunks function quite well for our family.

The one thing I must always keep in mind when looking at coaches, is that each coach is the result of some kind of compromise.

Regarding rear bunk coaches, like the Fleetwood 42A, my primary concern is twofold. First, emergency egress with slides in becomes quite dicey. Second, and far more proximate is the heat from the engine makes staying in the rear of the coach uncomfortable while running, and for quite some time after the engine is shut down.

We will stick with our mid bunk arrangement.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The bunk arrangement in our Entegra Aspire 44R, is almost identical to the one in our Tiffin Phaeton 40QKH, with a few enhancements.

While the hallway is narrow before 2018.5, they have added some width to the hallway, making passage with slides retracted somewhat easier.

In terms of functionality, we used our QKH for around 26,000 miles, and have a tad over 22,000 miles in the last 18 months on our Aspire.

The bunks function quite well for our family.

The one thing I must always keep in mind when looking at coaches, is that each coach is the result of some kind of compromise.

Regarding rear bunk coaches, like the Fleetwood 42A, my primary concern is twofold. First, emergency egress with slides in becomes quite dicey. Second, and far more proximate is the heat from the engine makes staying in the rear of the coach uncomfortable while running, and for quite some time after the engine is shut down.

We will stick with our mid bunk arrangement.

-Matt

Great points to consider. How well does those that travel with you like the closet approach to the bunks rather than the options in a Monaco 40J/discovery LXE 40g where the hallways essentially closes off and creates more or a bedroom?

I love the entegras. Beautiful coaches but my wife can’t get past the closet style bunks... maybe it doesn’t even matter that much?
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #8

We are taking the OPs thread pretty far afield, so I’m going to begin a new thread specifically about the 44R, in order to permit this thread to address the initial question.

Feel free to jump into the discussion.

-Matt
Old 01-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Get on the internet and search all the entegra listings for the model and floor plan you want... rvt.com .. RVTrader.com are great sources..
When you find the right coach then get on the road and go see it and DRIVE it... make sure the color combo suits ... then make your best deal..
And remember that 2 owners posted on this forum really recently that they bought brand new 2017 entegra insignias for 200 grand ..
I believe they have a $380,000 msrp... do the math... that shows there's
That much mark up in these beauties ...some dealers may not others will..
You gotta test the water with them... happy shopping... that's the funnest part sometimes...
Fyi - WAscubaDude and GeezerViz are the same person. I just changed my name to match my future YouTube channel, Gmail, Twitter, and Facebook. Not sure if there was another person who got a 2017 Insignia at 200k. Hope so.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #10

Congrats, good deal!

-Matt
Old 01-26-2018, 05:11 AM   #11

If you call NIRV, they'll give the biggest discounts 30% or more and they also order all their coaches with the second awning and the extra batteries. Although I've never bought from them, several people on this forum have and they've posted good things about the dealership and how they negotiate.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #12

If you shop around you will find a very large variation in prices. We were shocked at the differences between some of the big dealers. We shopped NIRVC, MHSRV, and RVOne. RVOne was by far the best deal. If you don't ask, you won't know so tire kick as much as you can.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #13

You also may start seeing additional discounts on the '18s as I am betting that dealers will start receiving the '19s in the next 60~90 days. We purchased our coach at the end of Feb, first of March last year. While MHSRV only had '17s on the lot, the '18s were on the way and on their website, so they were discounting the '17s. I think the first '18s arrived around the end of March, first of April.

Tags
entegra