Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #1

Best way to dry coach after washing it?

Does anyone have a good method for drying your coach?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post

I know of only one best way to dry any vehicle. A large chamois

Rod
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Rinse it with deionized water and then you let Mr. Sun dry it!

I use CR Spotless and it's great!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #4

drying coach

a leaf blower

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #5

Check out this thread. I copied Chuck's design and use it to rinse the coach. Works great and keeps your feet on the ground.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/good...ct-237841.html
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4545 View Post
Check out this thread. I copied Chuck's design and use it to rinse the coach. Works great and keeps your feet on the ground.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/good...ct-237841.html

Jb4545, thanks for posting this.. I reviewed the entire thread you referred to and I can't pick off where I can get the design/parts list/instruction.
I'd like to make one of these. Where can I find more info? Google has nothing which is surprising.

Rod
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh View Post
Jb4545, thanks for posting this.. I reviewed the entire thread you referred to and I can't pick off where I can get the design/parts list/instruction.
I'd like to make one of these. Where can I find more info? Google has nothing which is surprising.
Rod
There was a detailed material list with photos in that post for others that had the same questions. Here is that link. Feel free to change anything that you think might work better. The principal is the same and coach will dry spot free.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/good...ml#post2471658
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post
crob
I use one of these: The Original California Dry Blade, Clear - Walmart.com
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #9

Thanks chuck, I guess I just missed it. Looking forward to the project.. Thanks again!

Rod
Old 08-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I just purchased a product called Wash/Wax and it is waterless and does not leave spots. They say it even replaces other kinds of wax.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Drive real fast......

Seriously, as mentioned, use demineralized water (Reverse Osmosis, RO) or spot free rinse water in car wash (softened water). The mobile RV wash in our winter park carries demin water on his trailer.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
One of the classes at the NW Regional FMCA rally gave out hints on that. She said the use a 1 gallon garden sprayer with about 1 oz of Jet Dry in it. Use it to wet the rig in small areas, then use a chamois or miracle cloth to dry. Comes out spotless although you might have to add some more of the Jet Dry if the water is hard.
They just started constructing a bunch of house in the field next to us so the MH is getting really dusty but they just got the sewer/water and curbs in so lots more dust to go.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:07 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
After trying a number of different methods, here is what I have been doing with pretty good success. I bought a AR Blue 118 pressure washer on Amazon for less than $90. Added the AR Foam Cannon for about another $50. I fill the foam gun with a relatively strong mixture of car wash - I like Mr. Pink fron Chemical Guys detailing. I spray sections of the coach with the foam cannon. It virtually turns the coach white with foam. I use a long handled extension with a very soft wash pad - got one at Walmart $10 - and scrub the area I foamed. Rinse with the power washer. After I finish washing and rinsing about 1/2 the coach, I hook my homemade deionizer - see previous threads - into the water line. Turning the pressure washer to off, I spray down the areas I washed with deionized water at city pressure using the pressure washer set to a fine spray. Repeat process for second half and sit back with a cold frosty beverage and watch it dry spot free. Whole process takes about an hour and I never have to climb a ladder unless I want to do the top of the front cap.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
For those that continue to email me wanting instruction..... they are posted here in a link on post #7. I made a special trip to Lowe's took photos of the items needed and posted current prices. Connect the pieces as shown in the photos and you have a spot free rinse unit. It's not that hard. Some made some pretty elaborate units, but simple is better when making a deionize unit. All you need to do is slow water flow over deionize resin beads and be able to spray it out at the other end.

In addition we are traveling and I do not have the file with me to email until Nov.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote