Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #1

Black Tank Question

We are still doing our research on Entegra Coaches and plan to purchase our first later this year. Does Entegra offer a larger black tank? I've only heard of a 41 gallon size. There will be four of us living full time in it and we will be doing a lot of dry camping, so a larger black tank would be helpful. If Entegra can't/won't place a larger tank, if I had one installed would that void the warranty? Thanks for you wise feedback! It's always greatly appreciated.
tkmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #2

I seriously doubt if they would install a larger black tank than is their standard. I agree, for extended dry camping that will be tough with 4 people. Maybe OK if everyone agrees to use the mid-bath non-macerator toilet. My previous MH had two macerator toilets, so there was no easy way to conserve. Assuming you could find a way to install a larger black tank through the aftermarket I doubt if the warranty for the rest of the coach would be affected.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

After spending 2 weeks at Quartzsite dry camping and observing how long term dry campers on Bureau of Land Management land survive, I can tell you that you need to look into what are called "blue boys". The people that live on BLM land for 6 months dry camping have all purchased the blue boys which are a blue plastic tank on 2 or 4 wheels. Either type have a handle to pull in some way. Some pull them by hand, others pull with their car, others pull with a 4-wheeler, but you drain the holding tank into the blue boy and then take the blue boy to a dumping station (nearby) and dump the blue boy and leave the coach sit. Now, it all looks like a pain in the butt to me, but that is the way that they do it for long term dry camping. Others arrange for a "honey wagon" to visit their coach and drain their tanks every X number of days or weeks. Either works for those that do it.

Tanks in an Entegra (and I think everything else) are stacked. My 100 gallon fresh tank is on the bottom, then the gray and black are stacked side by side on top of the fresh tank. All are in a compact compartment. On my 15, the black is I think 50 gallons (50/50), but on the 16s it says the gray is ~60 and the black ~40. As other have said, use of the half bath toilet is very water efficient.... the back bath mascerator not nearly so much.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:09 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
In previous MHs we did more primitive area camping but in our Entegra we seem to run out of freshwater about as often as filling the tanks. I agree with the "blue boy" tanks but they are heavy and bulky. If you have a place to store them, like the back of a pickup they are okay to take with you but I eventually took mine out of my RV as they consume a lot of space. I wouldn't even buy one unless it has wheels and better yet a hitch setup. As for the freshwater it's almost the same problem. I eventually carried about 5 collapsible jugs. If I used my SUV I could fill them up and make several trips. I think all this is worth it if your destination is unique but if your motivation is to save a buck, I don't think it saves much in the long run. IMO
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #5

You may go witt another co. however you will not get the services over and over but go ahead try u can thank me later. JUS sayinn don't know you but its all good, Good luck.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank