Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #1

Body Work

Well I did the unthinkable on the way home from Tampa to Orange Beach. Made a sharp right and scraped a guardrail. I justify to myself that nobody got hurt other than my pride. So I have a couple questions. I was considering takin it back to Lazy Days in a few weeks to have the work done along with some warrantied work for some minor problems that really can wait for a trip to the factory at the end of summer. Has anyone had paint and bodywork done at LD and if so are their prices fair? Also are they as slow at this type of work as they are with general repairs? Does anyone know of a shop between Mobile and Pensacola they care to recommend. We are talking 2 damaged basement doors and 2 lightly scratched doors. With a 2500 deductible would you file an insurance claim? Appreciate any advice from the members
jus80in is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #2

I scraped mine and took it to Ocean Grove RV in St Augustine. Got it in quick, ordered Sikkens Paint and did great work. I was concerned that they would tell me they were going to use Sikkens but paint match and order a cheaper paint but they actually showed me the box and the paint cans. Plus their body guy raved about Sikkens paint saying it was the best quality and easy to work with
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Recently I had body work done on my 2016 Jayco Greyhawk. I contacted the factory and they would have done the work if I wanted. The service manager recommended a local body shop with experience on RVs and Jayco uses them to fix some of tHeir coaches. S&S auto body in Wacarusa, IN did a great job. The whole side of my coach was damaged. All the cargo doors and entry door was replaced along with the entire fiberglass outside wall. I think many body shops will try to replace as many parts as possible because of labor costs. If you are going to Indiana anyway, I would check it out. The body shop even took my MH to Jayco for some warranty work. Fortunately for me, the costs of transport, repair, and traveling costs for me and DW (flight to IN, gas, tolls, rental car, meals,and motels were covered by the person who collided with me's insurance. I was glad I chose to have the MH repaired at a great shop where they were close to the factory.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I had paint work done by Lazy Days on bad paint at the time of my delivery. I would not accept it and sent it back to Precision. That was my experience. Much better shops than LD from my experience. They are way to busy and do not care about repeat business. JMO.

You might want to touch base with DebbieH (Lynn). She is in your area and just experience the same thing. Maybe you two can compare shops in the area. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/i-sc...up-282509.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
LD prices? Let your insurance company fight that fight. Thats why you pay them.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jus80in View Post
Well I did the unthinkable on the way home from Tampa to Orange Beach. Made a sharp right and scraped a guardrail. I justify to myself that nobody got hurt other than my pride. So I have a couple questions. I was considering takin it back to Lazy Days in a few weeks to have the work done along with some warrantied work for some minor problems that really can wait for a trip to the factory at the end of summer. Has anyone had paint and bodywork done at LD and if so are their prices fair? Also are they as slow at this type of work as they are with general repairs? Does anyone know of a shop between Mobile and Pensacola they care to recommend. We are talking 2 damaged basement doors and 2 lightly scratched doors. With a 2500 deductible would you file an insurance claim? Appreciate any advice from the members
I know this feeling I will be checking with a paint and body shop that I have used several times for our cars in Daphne, AL. But not sure if they will do a motorhome, especially since the paint is different, and I think I am going to need two new cargo doors. I'll let you know if they will do a motor home.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I know this feeling I will be checking with a paint and body shop that I have used several times for our cars in Daphne, AL. But not sure if they will do a motorhome, especially since the paint is different, and I think I am going to need two new cargo doors. I'll let you know if they will do a motor home.
Thank you Debbie. It is just the aggravation that is the worst part. If I find out anything I will let you know as well. I was going to call Carpenters Campers in Pensacola tomorrow .
Old 03-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #8

Hi Larry & Donna, We are so very sorry you must go through this. We had LD's paint shop fix several bad scratches on our 09 Bus when we purchased it used in 2011.
When we took delivery of our 16 Entegra they corrected paint and in both cases we were pleased with the work and we felt it was done in a timely fashion.

You might call Entegra CS and ask for a recommendation in your area.

Hope all works out for you !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Hi Larry & Donna, We are so very sorry you must go through this. We had LD's paint shop fix several bad scratches on our 09 Bus when we purchased it used in 2011.
When we took delivery of our 16 Entegra they corrected paint and in both cases we were pleased with the work and we felt it was done in a timely fashion.

You might call Entegra CS and ask for a recommendation in your area.

Hope all works out for you !
Yes can you believe it! But you know what I have been through the last year so this is nothing in the big picture!
Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Body Work

LD's body shop is first-rate....they have paint booths and will fully bake the paint so it comes out fully cured.

Tiffin used a system that had to cure an additional 6 months before waxing. LD said you could wax immediately.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2013 Aspire DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Larry & Donna,
I sent you a PM ... I'm having Cherokee Farms RV do my two basement doors. I've ordered the doors from Entegra and having them sent to Cherokee Farms RV in Foley, AL. Cherokee has done quite a bit of work for me in the past and I trust them completely. They may not get the doors in time to do the work for me before we head out for 5 months in April ... but, mine aren't that bad and I can wait until September/October if need be.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #12

Just got and estimate for paint damage, no gouges but back bumper and door. $1800. Seems pretty expensive. I had similar damage on my pickup, on the front bumper, maybe 1/2 as bad and got an estimate where they had to use filler for a dent in the plastic and it was only $150 out the door at Carsmetics. I don't think they have the space for RV's though. First one was at LD.
bobcratchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:50 PM   #13

Hey, I cracked the fiberglass on the back corner and had to repair the DEF door. It was 8500 after paint. And probably a new set of batteries early, as he ran them really flat.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #14

Having done the same thing a couple of years ago on our way to Maine from Florida I called the insurance co. just to let them know their might be a claim as I had not gotten an estimate yet. When we got home I did get the estimate and decided to pay for it myself. I called the insurance co and told them their would be no claim made and they said they would close the case. To my surprise the next time to renew my policy I was charged with an accident,and up went the rates.I called the insurance co to ask why as their was no claim or payout I was being charged with an accident. They said because I called to report it I would be charged a premium for the next 3 years regardless of the fact they did not pay anything. Talk to them last!!!!!