Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Bottom outside edge of slide?

We just got a look at our new Aspire RBQ. When I walked around the outside, with the slides out, I noticed the bottom, outside edge of the slides was not very straight. Infact on the main, or big slide the bottom edge looks more like a snake rather than straight edge. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed how theirs looks. Other than this the PDI only found about 6 things that needed repair. That is if only 6 things needing repair is a good thing, on a new unit. Can't wait till Summerfest to check out some other units and visit with the Entegra folks. Thanks
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Well...We don't have the coach in front of us, but we both think that our slide edges are straight. Certainly nothing snake like about them - I believe that one would merit a phone call to Joyce. Six minor things wouldn't be bad (IMO), six big things would get my attention.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
We just got a look at our new Aspire RBQ. When I walked around the outside, with the slides out, I noticed the bottom, outside edge of the slides was not very straight. Infact on the main, or big slide the bottom edge looks more like a snake rather than straight edge. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed how theirs looks. Other than this the PDI only found about 6 things that needed repair. That is if only 6 things needing repair is a good thing, on a new unit. Can't wait till Summerfest to check out some other units and visit with the Entegra folks. Thanks
By bottom edge, do you mean the bottom inside edge of the slide cutout rather than the slide itself? If you are, then it appears to be some type of black Plastic material with a hole drilled in it every few inches or so? If that's what you are talking about, then yes mine is just like that. I assumed the holes are for water to drain rather than accumulating.

FYI - Entegra executives won't be at the Summerfest until Thursday night for the dinner they are giving. Any questions or concerns about this, zap me a PM.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #4

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bent slide and mechanism 11-27-12.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	37529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide bowing after slide stop replaced 11-28-12.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	37530  

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It's the very bottom outside edge of the slide itself. Like the picture bullheaded posted, it's the one on the right. On the picture you can see where the supports attach to the slide, mine is like that on the very outside of the slide. We haven't picked it up yet (still waiting on parts) so not sure how it looks with the slide in all the way. Just curious how any others look. Thanks for checking.
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Check your heat!

This is probably just our bad luck and not all that common (I hope), but check your heat before you hand over the check. We had no heat in thermostat zone 1 (radiators at ent ctr., kitchen and under dash) or zone 2 (under tile heat). Turns out to be a hard kink or other blockage buried inside the floor. Dealer never noticed it (or just elected to ignore it). Coach now has to go back to Middlebury.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #7

One other thing...Ted Cook, after the Tamps show came to Pelican RV resort where we were staying this winter and found that the stop rod bracket had broke off the frame and needs to be welded back on.
At least one bolt that attaches the slide box to the angle for opening and closing has sheered off.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #8

We have a 3/4 inch gap where our front drivers side slide dips in. The ends are even with the sides of the MH, but most of the slide is further in which during a rain, the water collects there

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2521408226.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	37944
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We went to Tom Johnson in Marion, NC to pick up the coach after dealing with a slide issue on the PS. We saw that the DS rear slide was binding and the triangle shaped trim at the rear of the slide was about to pop off.

Left the coach.

Tags
slide