Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Broken a.c. blade and motor mount

Our new 2015 Cornerstone is going through it's break in break downs. One of the a.c. fan blades has broken, which I've seen on here isn't unheard of. The problem is how do you install the new motor mount bolts from the bottom without taking the whole unit off the roof? Integra has very good about getting the new parts out, however, we aren't in a very good place (places) to get service so it's a diy project. Thanks in advance. More advice will be requested soon,I have other p.I.t.a issues. Mike
JMD VENTURES is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The rooftop A/C unit is only held on by 4 bolts from the inside to the outside. Easy to remove, you might want to have a new foam gasket handy if the old one is compressed or torn. Lots easier to remove the A/C from the roof, turn it over, and do the work that way instead of overhead in the ceiling. There are You Tube videos that show the process:

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:11 PM   #3

Recently had to replace fan and motor mounts (3 rubber shock type), who ch did not require removing the A/C. The rubber mounts had sheared due to the torque of the motor when the fan blade broke. I simply unscrewed the rubber mount from the bolt that protrudes up from the bottom of the A/C pan. Screwed new rubber mounts into those bolts, attached the motor onto the top of mounts and bolted them to the fan motor, then attached new fan blade. It took more time gathering tools and getting ladder out of basement then it did to complete the job.
Let me know if you need any further info. 😎🚁🇺🇸

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #4

Dang thumb should be 'which did not' instead of who ch!!

Old 10-02-2016, 05:13 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
On an Entegra, you cannot change it without getting on the roof. After you do get on the roof, my understanding is that it is very easy. However, I don't do heights, so someone changed mine for me. I didn't think any of the 2016 + rigs had a problem and they were using the new style blades ..... sorry to hear this problem is still out there.

Oh ... just reread the original post, you have a 2015 ... yes, this is a known problem. Hopefully EC sent you blades for all three fans. If not, call them and have them send them.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
That video of a Coleman AC unit is not how the AC units are mounted on the Anthem or Cornerstone. The Anthem/Cornerstone units don't have access from below unless you pull the ceiling medalions.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
That video of a Coleman AC unit is not how the AC units are mounted on the Anthem or Cornerstone. The Anthem/Cornerstone units don't have access from below unless you pull the ceiling medalions.
I was going by the statement of the OP, "..how do you install the new motor mount bolts from the bottom without taking the whole unit off the roof?" Taking the A/C unit off the roof isn't difficult. The video I posted was the first one that came up on a search for installation of an RV A/C unit. It wasn't meant to be an exact solution for his question, it was more of an illustration that there are videos out there about the procedure. EVsCoach responded with the instructions of how he handled the same problem.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Rorschach, I wish the solotution was that easy, however, when the motor went out of balance it took out the motor mount bolt so I have to somehow get under there to replace it.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Supposed to say EVscoach
Old 10-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just had the same problem in my 2015 Cornerstone. The number 2 AC unit fan blade broke and the motor twisted out of the mount. I worked with Entegra CS and they authorized a mobile RV repair service here in Las Vegas to do the warranty work. They did send three fan blades for all of the AC units. I did watch the techs work on the number two AC as I stood on the ladder peering over the side of the rig. I did not watch the entire repair process but I do believe they actually unbolted the entire unit from the roof of the rig to gain access to the underside to facilitate the motor mount repair. I remember seeing them screw 4 long lag bolts back into the roof of the rig. Did not watch the remainder of the repair work but this is what I remember. Hope that helps.
ComerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:33 PM   #11

This may be more of a PITA than worth your effort, but I would try maybe using some type of gripper or magnetic device or even double sided sticky tape or a piece of Velcro to slip the bolt in under and up through the hole. Just a thought since it is a DIY project in an area with not much help available. It will be tedious but I'm sure doable with the right MacGyver tools.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #12

The bolts don't just go through the hole they are threaded.
Make sure the bolts didn't just back out. If they just backed out and you can get hold of the end you can screw them back up without removing the unit. However you have to get the mount bolts back in when you install the new mounts on the bolts put some blue loctite on the bolt before screwing the mounts on.
Not saying it didn't break the mount bolts, but I've never heard of it breaking them.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I don't think it broke the bolt it is just missing. Thought it vibrated out.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:53 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD VENTURES View Post
I don't think it broke the bolt it is just missing. Thought it vibrated out.
If the bolt is missing then you don't have much choice but to unbolt the unit from the roof. I've done it a few times, not too bad but you may need a helper or something to prop it up while you re thread the screw.

It must be done from the roof, the 4 bolts are accessible after removing the black outer shroud and then the gray inner cover. You can lift one side of the unit a few inches without disturbing the wiring or the condensate drain plumbing. That should be enough to get the screw rethreaded. Might be a good idea to use some loctite on the threads.

Check out this post I did from a while back it gives you some more details. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/fron...ml#post2709558
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote