RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #1

Broken Window

Driving into California yesterday we were hit by high winds. The passenger side window at the front door popped open on it's own. I found that the aluminum frame between the glass panel and the push/pull mechanism has separated from the glass. Gorrilla tape got us to the campground,where I tried double sided sticky tape to reattach the aluminum to the glass. It appears that the original was done in a similar fashion but a different product. Does anyone have a suggestion for a permanent fix? All the parts are there... just need to glue aluminum to glass.

John

The grey line in the pic is my sticky tape.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_195558661.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	246975

jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Perhaps the stuff used to stick a rear view mirror to the windshield. I've seen tubes of that in various places (Amazon, almost certainly - or an auto parts store if there is one near you and you need it fix faster than Amazon can get it to you), seems like it should work for this.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #3

clear epoxy works wonders. 2 part glue, hardener and base
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I had one seperate, a year ago. Entegra has been having problems with those windows. Entegra sent me a replacement window, the new window will not have the little crank out window. I removed the old window, and put the replacement window, in myself.
GoneWithTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneWithTheWind View Post
I had one seperate, a year ago. Entegra has been having problems with those windows. Entegra sent me a replacement window, the new window will not have the little crank out window. I removed the old window, and put the replacement window, in myself.
Excellent ideas thanks!
Now to decide whether to fix it or eliminate the problem...hmm... I'll let the boss decide...or maybe I'll just caulk it shut and keep quiet about it....
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:40 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Here are several posts on the Classics with the same window problem and fixes. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com

The best fix is the solid window, but I don't think they are still covered......maybe?
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #7

Broken Window

It is a known problem and there is a replacement window available..
I myself have just used a epoxy glue to hold it.. it is working at the moment..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We used Gorilla glue with blue tape until the glue set up.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I tried several epoxies and other special adhesives but found the only one that worked for me was FlexGlue (?) the same stuff you see on TV to make a boat out of window mesh etc. etc. I made sure the surfaces were clean, used a strong clamp to hold everything in place and let it cure for 72 hours. I fixed two windows, same as yours and the bedroom window. The FlexGlue has held for about 6 months for me now.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #10

If the original adhesive is black and slightly flexible it's automotive urethane windshield adhesive. It requires separate primers for the glass and metal components plus the adhesive. It may be easier to have an auto glass shop rebond it.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #11

We have had two of our windows separate the same way. I'm sure the double sided automotive trim tape that was used was defective. I just use 3M double sided foam tape on them and they've held for a few years. No issues. It shows a little like yours but........oh well. I'm sure some auto parts store would have the OEM tape used for those type of applications.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:49 AM   #12

This has been a long standing problem and one would think that Middlebury and the window manufacturer would have come up with a company advocated solution in this amount of time. I remember people complaining about this problem with the windows since at least 2014.

Luckily, that problem has not been one of the problems that we have faced. Now, the 19 Cornerstone has no section which opens which was nice one or two times when someone strange came to the door of the coach at an odd hour and we would just crank out that small window to talk to the stranger. Now we would have to shout through the door. There sure isn't much natural ventilation in these coaches anymore.... either the AC units work or you are checking into a motel....

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind, window