Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Buckhorn Lake Resort

Our first post-radiation (completed 2-weeks ago) outing will be to Buckhorn Lake Resort next week.

We made our destination decision (option was Colorado Landing in LaGrange, TX) a few minutes ago so the office was closed.

They offer back-in, pull-thru, water view and executive. The difference that isn't obvious is what does "executive" offer? The site map makes it appear that water view sites are pull-in with the patio in the front, outside the entry door.

I made online reservations but will follow-up with a phone call, advance info is appreciated.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #2

I think "executive" is their adults-only section. Has its own pool, bath house.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #3

The executive sites are pull-ins with a view of one of the water. We just stayed overnight so opted for a pull thru but the pull-ins looked really nice. It's a really nice park with nice folks, great facilities and good restaurants nearby. Good dog park for Marco too……...

Hope all is well following the radiation and enjoy your trip!
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #4

Stayed at Buckhorn for 10 years. My personal opinion just get a pull through. The Ex section is lonely, the water views are not that big of a deal.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #5

I was there about 5 days a year ago. I don't remember a water view, unless they mean that there is a small creek that runs through the park and there are pull ins which face onto the creek.

There is a section which is casitas (small houses) which is across the creek. Not sure what the Exec section is.... Maybe there are spots in among the houses.

We were very happy with your basic plain wrapper back in site.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #6

Our executive site was nose in to a slimy pond. After complaints they attempted to clean it. The bass are fun to try and catch. I tricked a few. The big catfish are a different story but then I have no experience with them. Nice park. There are good services there to change oil and service your AH etc. A few good places to eat in town.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
There is a section which is casitas (small houses) which is across the creek.
That's the Club at Buckhorn. Long-term land leases; the casitas are built the leaseholders. Unless they have a rental pool (or you know the leaseholder), they are not available for typical stays.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Buckhorn does have a rental pool for the club section, just call the front office. We recently stayed there for a week ($280/week) in the club section. We could use the patio area but not the casita which was fine for us. It was very nice and folks were friendly.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Our first post-radiation (completed 2-weeks ago) outing will be to Buckhorn Lake Resort next week.

We made our destination decision (option was Colorado Landing in LaGrange, TX) a few minutes ago so the office was closed.

They offer back-in, pull-thru, water view and executive. The difference that isn't obvious is what does "executive" offer? The site map makes it appear that water view sites are pull-in with the patio in the front, outside the entry door.

I made online reservations but will follow-up with a phone call, advance info is appreciated.

Vance & Robin

Vance, I sent you a PM regarding an available casita at Buckhorn.

Paul and JoAnn Lozano
2014 Entegra Aspire 44U
San Antonio, Texas
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Paul,

Replied to your PM.

Vance & Robin
Old 04-11-2016, 12:26 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We cancelled our trip to Buckhorn. I still have a month of chemo and am afraid that after the drive down all I would have the energy for is sitting around the coach. It will be more fun for everyone if we put it off a little while.

Vance & Robin
Old 04-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
We cancelled our trip to Buckhorn. I still have a month of chemo and am afraid that after the drive down all I would have the energy for is sitting around the coach. It will be more fun for everyone if we put it off a little while.

Vance & Robin
Just sitting around the coach isn't bad ... get's you out and away from what has become the norm. Good luck with your decision .... let Robin drive and you just sit back and relax. Buckhorn is a nice RV park to relax in... even if you are not in the "club" side.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
We stayed there for a week last December.
Stayed in a pull through next to the pool/hot tub and were happy and used it often.
They had some "water feature facing" pull ins in an "adult only section".
The adult section had a separate pool and bath house which wasn't heated that time of year.
The only time we would consider that area is when we wouldn't want to be around a lot of children during the high summer weeks.
We were allowed to walk the entire campground just not across the main river to the "high rent" private casitas areas which were very nice also.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, I think about you often with the d--n chemo. I pray everything is doing well. I had a big smile on my face when I saw you were heading to Buckhorn, Sorry to hear it had to be postponed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote