Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #1

bulb wattage question

Could someone please tell me what the wattage is for the pancake light bulb which are over the sink. No markings on the little things and I see there are 10 and 20w. Cant find the literature to see the specs. Thank you
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Could someone please tell me what the wattage is for the pancake light bulb which are over the sink. No markings on the little things and I see there are 10 and 20w. Cant find the literature to see the specs. Thank you
What is a "pancake light bulb"?
Can you post a picture?
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #3

well i just called them that because they are only about a half inch thick. the bulb has two prongs which insert into the fixture.
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
These are commonly called puck lights. I think on the Entegra they are 10 watt bulbs. i replaced my bulbs with low-amperage LEDs.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
well i just called them that because they are only about a half inch thick. the bulb has two prongs which insert into the fixture.
All of my puck lights came with 20w halogen bulbs, but I changed them all to 10w because the 10s don't get as hot.

If you had asked right away "what wattage the little bean shaped light bulbs, with two prongs which insert into the, pancake looking light fixtures over the sink were supposed to be", I might have known right away what you were talking about.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Puck lights

Those are 10w halogen bulbs. Look for them at Lowes or Home Depot for landscape lights.

I replaced about half of mine in 6 mos and gave up and bought LEDs from China on eBay. Now they are much cooler but cannot be dimmed much but I haven't changed one in at least 6 mos.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Those are 10w halogen bulbs. Look for them at Lowes or Home Depot for landscape lights.

I replaced about half of mine in 6 mos and gave up and bought LEDs from China on eBay. Now they are much cooler but cannot be dimmed much but I haven't changed one in at least 6 mos.
But did you know those Chinese LEDs have a microchip that allows them to hack into all you electronic systems on your coach and track all your actions...like buying the ottomans. Now you're probably getting Chinese spam on your Xite GPS unit....oops, just kidding of course.

Seriosly though, if OP does go with continued halogens, don't confuse the open copper stems with the glass covered stems which won't work. LEDs are preferable, regardless of where they come from
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am in the process of replacing most/all of the little 10W halogen bulbs in my coach and have used these:

Retrofit LED to replace G4 Halogen

They fit well and come in either bright white or cool white. I selected cool white.