Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #1

Question Buy one from a lot or order one??

I will be buying a new coach by the end of the year, I have seen that most everyone orders one, is this the best way to go? Can you still get a fairly good deal even though there might be a similar unit in their lot? Almost every night I look through the dealers web page and as we know there are not many Entegra's on the lot but there are a few why place an order??

Thanks for your help on this matter!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #2

To really get all the choices you may want you probably have to order. We bought one off the lot last summer, just to see if we really wanted another RV after selling our fiver in 07 after owning it for 14 years. We really like the RV lifestyle again, and a MH even more then a fiver. So we are already thinking of upgrading to a DP and will probably order the next one, although the dealer has one coming that may be close to what we want. Just have to Waite and see.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
One of the great things about Entegra Coach is that they are continually making improvements to their coaches. Some manufacturers roll out changes at the beginning of the model year. We ordered and waited almost 7 months for delivery. If we had bought off a dealers lot, we would have gotten the old, noisy A/C system and smaller TVs just to name a few items. We feel that when you are ready to spend these kind of buck, you should get what you want and not settle.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #4

Ordering a new motorhome will certainly be less expensive for the dealer. When you order you generally have to have a signed contract with a deposit. The dealer already knows it's sold so they won't have to add any "floor plan" interest into the sale price to make a profit. To them it's a quick sale with none of the downsides of holding it in inventory

Most dealers are willing to negotiate a lower price for a motorhome when it's being ordered, is purchased as a cash sale, and doesn't involve a trade in. If it's possible to meet all 3 of the above criteria you can easily negotiate a price of 25% - 28% off the list.

You can probably negotiate a reasonable deal with a trade, but the numbers tend to get a little more cloudy. The trade in price is a bit subjective. You're likely to get a few more dollars in trade if you purchase from a dealer that handles the same brand you want to trade. They have more customers looking for that brand so thery're more likely to sell it at a retail price. If they have to sell it wholesale there's not much profit and consequently the trade in value is lower.

We've always ordered for those and other reasons. In our case colors, ammenities, and special order equipment have come into the mix. If we were willing to "make do" with ammenities we weren't interested in, and live without things we really wanted we could have negotiated some financially good deals. However since we tend to keep things for extended periods we opt for ordering exactly what we want. Why "wish" you had some or other ammenity for 10 years when you could have waited a couple months and enjoyed it for the same 10 years.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
I will be buying a new coach by the end of the year, I have seen that most everyone orders one, is this the best way to go? Can you still get a fairly good deal even though there might be a similar unit in their lot? Almost every night I look through the dealers web page and as we know there are not many Entegra's on the lot but there are a few why place an order??

Thanks for your help on this matter!
Another positive is that you'll soon be able to order a 2014 model. While the changes probably won't be great (from discussions with Entegra at Tampa), they are listening. Could be some floor plan changes. Word is they are adding an option for Winegard Traveler antenna (as opposed to In Motion) which seems to be desired more by owners.

In any event, good luck in your quest. JMHO, you'll find you've chosen an outstanding coach in Entegra.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Another positive is that you'll soon be able to order a 2014 model. While the changes probably won't be great (from discussions with Entegra at Tampa), they are listening. Could be some floor plan changes.
In any event, good luck in your quest. JMHO, you'll find you've chosen an outstanding coach in Entegra.
Hopefully something in the 40' TAG floor plan.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
As you're in no hurry, I'd definitely order exactly what you want and while you're at it, make sure you get a 2014. The price will likely be about the same, why start out with a full year depreciation (on top of the new "car" depreciation when you roll off the lot)?

If the information on the Winegard Traveler is acurate, that is a worthwhile option. Also, I'd expect to start seeing 40', and possibly even longer, rigs on 24k rear axles (eliminating the need for a tag in many cases) soon, now that the regs have been changed.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
As you're in no hurry, I'd definitely order exactly what you want and while you're at it, make sure you get a 2014. The price will likely be about the same, why start out with a full year depreciation (on top of the new "car" depreciation when you roll off the lot)?

If the information on the Winegard Traveler is acurate, that is a worthwhile option. Also, I'd expect to start seeing 40', and possibly even longer, rigs on 24k rear axles (eliminating the need for a tag in many cases) soon, now that the regs have been changed.
To the OP, I probably would wait and order if there were deal breaking ammenties on the 'to be ordered rig.' However, catching a 2012 model year still on the dealers floor plan that they have to move brings a lot of very deep discounts. IMO! I can understand the higher CCC with the 24 k axle but why would one want to loose the stability and handling characteristics of say, a 43 ft plus coach w/o the tag? I had a 39'6" rig that in a cross wind wandered all over the country. Just sayin'.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
To the OP, I probably would wait and order if there were deal breaking ammenties on the 'to be ordered rig.' However, catching a 2012 model year still on the dealers floor plan that they have to move brings a lot of very deep discounts. IMO! I can understand the higher CCC with the 24 k axle but why would one want to loose the stability and handling characteristics of say, a 43 ft plus coach w/o the tag? I had a 39'6" rig that in a cross wind wandered all over the country. Just sayin'.
Clay,

It is just about impossible to find any 2012's still on a dealer's lot. Entegra is so hot as a manufacturer that when you look for even used units they are generally sold before they even arrive at the dealer's lot. There just aren't a lot of new or used Entegras to be had right now. Good for the dealers, but not so good for the consumer.

Ed
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
After 30 years we just orderd and picked up our first coach. We love it and wished we had done it sooner.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #11

Order a New One or Buy one from the lot.

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question, it looks like I will probably order one instead of buying one from the lot, hopefully if everything goes well I should be able to order one toward the end of 2013 and hopefully pick it up in the spring of 2014.

Thanks Again!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post

As I remember the changes allow 23,000# axles now, but I'm not sure as it was months ago that I read it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
To really get all the choices you may want you probably have to order. We bought one off the lot last summer, just to see if we really wanted another RV after selling our fiver in 07 after owning it for 14 years. We really like the RV lifestyle again, and a MH even more then a fiver. So we are already thinking of upgrading to a DP and will probably order the next one, although the dealer has one coming that may be close to what we want. Just have to Waite and see.
One thing that sets Newmar apart is that you can make special orders and they will try (within bounds) to accommodate you. We had Newmar remove two walls and a pocket door, added the storage bay freezer (wasn't even on the options list for our model), countertops from another model etc.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
One thing that sets Newmar apart is that you can make special orders and they will try (within bounds) to accommodate you. We had Newmar remove two walls and a pocket door, added the storage bay freezer (wasn't even on the options list for our model), countertops from another model etc.
Newmar would maybe be my second choice. They still don't have as much basement storage as my Anthem. I don't like the shorter bay doors on the Drivers side because of the slide out mechanism. I'm sure that with the new facility that Entegra may get to a point to do more custom things.