Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #1

Buying at Tampa Show

Is LazyDays the only Entegra dealer operating at the Tampa SuperShow? I realize the coaches on display there likely would be from LazyDays local inventory; but would reps from say NIRVC and MHSRV be there too? We were there last year but just browsed around and didn’t really engage with dealer reps. So basically is Tampa show a LazyDays display supported by Entegra — or an Entegra display supported by LazyDays and other dealers? Getting the itch to update our ride.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #2

Don't buy from Lazydays….RUN! They have HORRIBLE support after they sale you the coach. Their service department is a joke at best. They bend over backwards and worship the ground you walk on until the sale is made and then they drop you like a bad check....
Old 11-22-2019, 05:27 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Here is my experience of LD at the Tampa Show. They bring their year end closeouts trying to get rid of them, then spin sale to order a new model at very high prices. The NIRVC crew will be at the AIM parking area/rally, but can't display at the show. LD has the exclusive for the Tampa show. We waited until the Perry show where the new models were displayed, liked what we saw, and placed our order. NIRVC gave us a better price on a to be built 19 than what LD was pricing 18 closeouts for. For us it paid to wait until March, new model, lower price than Tampa. JME.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:32 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Call Orlando RV or NIRVC and tell them which floor plan you saw at the Lazydays show. These two dealers have always been the best price. Shoot for 33-35% off MSRP.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:54 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
RVOne (Orlando RV) will be at the Tampa RV Show representing Foretravel. I'm sure you can get an Entegra Coach price from them.

Good luck
Old 11-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #6

I think that the straight answer to the question is that at virtually all RV shows that I have ever attended, there is a designated dealer for a particular brand for that show and no one else may display new coaches for that brand at the show, so if Lazy Days is the official distributor/dealer for that show, then new coaches on display are all from Lazy Days. You might find used coaches from other dealers there who are displaying used coaches, but if it is new, it is from one designated dealer.

Now, you can certainly spend a lot of time looking and poking around any ones coaches. However, as someone else said, if you are not a fan of a particular dealer, then dont get into a serious discussion with their sales people on price or availability. They brought those coaches to the show for at least one reason.... 1.) trying to get rid of something they have on the lot, or 2.) just trying to move something they think is in demand. I have never bought at a show. If you can be happy with a new 2019, there are a bunch of them around and price discounts up to ~ 40% are probably possible. A 19 at this point should be at least 35%. 20s less so.

I would spend an afternoon calling around to dealers that you like their reputation.... tell them you are at the show, and you are looking for XXXX model and floorplan, and give you a firm sale price and then see what you get.

Good luck

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I would spend an afternoon calling around to dealers that you like their reputation.... tell them you are at the show, and you are looking for XXXX model and floorplan, and give you a firm sale price and then see what you get.

Good luck

Gary
I agree with what gary has to say, but I would go a step further. If you call a dealer, you will generate ten return calls from that salesman. If you call five, you get fifty. Instead I would look at inventory on the internet, find the coach you really want (floorplan, colors, etc.) and pursue only those coaches until you find the price point. I predict if you find a 19 coach, you'll find the price point at NIRVC, and I wouldn't buy anywhere else. If you decide you want a 2020, I would order.

I did this for my 2017, and I ended up going to Atlanta to look at the coach, and they delivered in Phoenix. Depending which part of the country you are in, this might work for you as well.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #8

The reason I posted the Tampa show question is that we have decided to go back to full time RV life for a few years. We just put the Marco Island S&B house on the market. I don’t want to buy a new coach until the S&B is sold, although that is not really a precondition.
The real question is do I buy a new coach and it’s inherent new headaches or stick with our 2015 Anthem on which I know everything works.
The new coach would actually be a 2019 Anthem 44B of which there are two units with colors and options we like still available with two different dealers — neither of which is LazyDays or NIRVC. Both units are already at better than 36% discount on their websites and I am going to beat them down to better than 40% in negotiations or no deal. After all, MSRP on motorcoaches are a complete fabrication with absolutely no basis in reality!
The alternative is to stick with performance proven 2015 Anthem on which I installed the auto-regen water softener, pressure washer and DI rinse system earlier this year. And for another $20k I can fix paint, ceramic coat, replace awnings when needed AND build my aluminum rooftop race deck. I just won’t have the fancy C lights, Hadley air, VegaTouch and glass cockpit of the 2019 Anthem, which would be another $125k more after trade in.
I realize these are all first world 1%er issues and either way I am blessed to be troubled by only them instead of having to scrounge to feed my family tonight. Just thinking out loud in a digital world I suppose!
Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #9

My Advice, stay as far away as you can from Lazy Days, they truly suk! If you want Entegra try RV-One which is all over, and Orlando-RV [ also RV-One] is one around the Mid Florida Area besides LD that sells Entegra.
fqberful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:57 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
You have to decide for yourself if buying a "new" coach is worth it or not. The things you will gain, are they important to you? To me, having added HWH Active Air, I doubt if I will ever buy a new coach. This one has had it's issues, but 50,000 miles and it may just now be broken in! My paint (with an exception of a bay door that came too close to a Walmart guard rail); looks like it did the day it rolled off the lot 5 years ago. I still really like the front and back end of the classic Entegra's (and TS). But, again, that is my opinion ... you will need to decide - can't go wrong either way!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #11

Go with NIRVC or go home...

I've shopped them all, choose NIRVC, and never regretted it. They are all about customer service & they also have the lowest price...Why would you buy (new or used) anywhere else? You don't have to take my word for it, just study this Forum, NIRVC has the best reviews of any dealer, hands down...
kerrvillepil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrvillepil View Post
I've shopped them all, choose NIRVC, and never regretted it. They are all about customer service & they also have the lowest price...Why would you buy (new or used) anywhere else? You don't have to take my word for it, just study this Forum, NIRVC has the best reviews of any dealer, hands down...
Mark, I agree with sentiments about NIRVC on this forum. I have been to their Atlanta and Phoenix operations while in those areas to pick up parts and while there talk to folks and browse inventory.
As others have posted, we need to weigh the value to us of new features in 2020 vs 2015 Anthems. And then factor in the depreciation and insurance deltas, cost of new add-ons like HydraLift for bike, Tyron for steers, 2nd big tray in basement, sales tax. Geez, I am quickly talking myself out of new buy!
Are you in Buckhorn Lake? That’s one of the places we want to look at for a casita site to do our wintering. If it’s not too cold.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #13

Grandpa

Forgot those Tyrons....... take a serious look at Rettrobands.... not much additional cost and far more convincing that they will really help you when you need some serious help. JMO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Grandpa

Forgot those Tyrons....... take a serious look at Rettrobands.... not much additional cost and far more convincing that they will really help you when you need some serious help. JMO

Gary
Yes I will look at the RetroBands next time. I also like that the 2020 Anthems have the big boy tires too!

Tags
buying