Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2019, 01:05 AM   #15

Update on the transfer switch problem. I was checking on the coach yesterday looking at the transfer switch when I bumped the power cord. The transfer switch chattered as I bumped the cord at the reel. I then moved the cord back and forth and the switch chattered. The cord was all the way out so I reeled it in and moved it again and no chatter. I checked the connections inside the reel and all were tight. I am going down today and check the ones on the side. Entegra said they no longer use the cord reel I have and the replacement is a Southwire RH54 which they sell for $644. Amazon Prime has it for $641 free shipping so if I need one I will go with them. Has anyone repaired their power cord reel having the same problem?
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 AM   #16

Just got back from the coach. All wires are tight on the reel. The only time it has a problem is when the cord is fully extended. If reeled in just a few inches in it is fine. I normally would extend the cord all the way out at the garage and while parked in front of the house. I would do this because it would tell me that I had plenty of cord to plug it in. For now I will leave it in a few inches and think about replacing the TRC Shoreline Reel Model CC50D and converting the old cord into an extension cord.

I have and 50 amp extension cord (was a six footer) that I took a section out of when I hard wired my progressive 50 amp surge protector for my old Diplomat. It still has the male end and about three of cord. The right side of my output on the transfer switch has three open wire clamps that I can hook the cord to and then use extension cords to the pedestal if I have problems with the cord. It appears that the transfer switches were possible good along!!
Old 07-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #17
YC1

There are some threads on repairing the cord reels. Use the little green box at the upper right area to search.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #18

Yes I have searched for replacement and it looks pretty straight forward. I may just need a cord but I have not found a replacement reel cord online just extension cords.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlin11 View Post
Yes I have searched for replacement and it looks pretty straight forward. I may just need a cord but I have not found a replacement reel cord online just extension cords.
Here's one on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/Conntek-143.../dp/B00268VSJ6
Old 07-04-2019, 12:04 AM   #20

Thank you for the link as that looks as good as it is going to get. Would have to put fittings on that one but it would work. Might be able to get one with fittings through Entegra but for now mine works if not fully extended out.

Tags
switch, transfer switch