Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #1

Cable TV

At a camp site with cable. Not for sure where to hook it up at and what procedure to use after hook up. Any help would be great.
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
At a camp site with cable. Not for sure where to hook it up at and what procedure to use after hook up. Any help would be great.
There is a cable jack in the electrical bay.

Set the A/V distribution box inside the coach to cable and it should work.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
As above then run an Auto Program for the cable and the TV will load all available channels.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post

correct
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:26 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is one catch to all this: AS DELIVERED from the factory most all RV's have a cable-in port, On a motor home it is in the electrical bay, On a trailer it may be in said bay or it may be in the wall. Service side (Same side as your fresh water inlet)..

HOWEVER: Many OWNERS re-task this inlet for sat-antenna input. This is a bad idea for several reasons but it gets done anyway.

IF that was done you will have to restore it to the original hookup..

SO: if you have a problem: post, the one question we will have is this: What kind of SOURCE SELECT do you have? (A Box of many buttons (matrix switch) or a wall plate with a 12 volt outlet, Switch, LED and antenna connection.

NOTE also: The switch (Wall plate) must be OFF for cable TV
or CABLE selected for the proper TV on the BOMB.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #6

Thanks put all the buttons on cable and programed the TV and everything works
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There is one catch to all this: AS DELIVERED from the factory most all RV's have a cable-in port, On a motor home it is in the electrical bay, On a trailer it may be in said bay or it may be in the wall. Service side (Same side as your fresh water inlet)..

HOWEVER: Many OWNERS re-task this inlet for sat-antenna input. This is a bad idea for several reasons but it gets done anyway.

IF that was done you will have to restore it to the original hookup..

SO: if you have a problem: post, the one question we will have is this: What kind of SOURCE SELECT do you have? (A Box of many buttons (matrix switch) or a wall plate with a 12 volt outlet, Switch, LED and antenna connection.

NOTE also: The switch (Wall plate) must be OFF for cable TV
or CABLE selected for the proper TV on the BOMB.
Entegras as delivered have an entertainment center that is pre-wired and ready for install of most types of satellite receivers to match the antenna chosen and installed. Generally, the delivery dealer will install the satellite receiver at delivery. And we have a box of many buttons.

As stated previously, the cable in panel is in the electrical bay and an earlier post stated to set the box of many buttons to "cable". Some have thought about using this as a port for a remote antenna for those times when you are "treed" in...not sure anyone has.

Appreciate the input, but don't want to confuse the situation.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

That coax can be used for both cable TV (RF) as well as a feed from an external tripod mounted satellite dish (high band). But, not both at the same time. The way to make this work is to add a diplexer at the end of the coax run. A diplexer looks like your basic splitter but it's not. It will sense whether you have RF or SAT feeds coming in and automatically switch the common port to the correct output port. You then connect a coax from the RF port to your TV selector and run another coax from the SAT port to your DVR or satellite receiver. Even better is to add a coaxial A/B switch to switch between an external dish or the roof mounted dish. It's an inexpensive way to let that cable perform both functions automatically without any user switching or rewiring. Of course, if you don't have an external tripod dish then none of this is necessary.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post

We don't seem to have an A/V distribution box? Anyone else with a 2015 model have one, and if so, where is it?
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
In my coach it is below tv and above fireplace in pull down cabinet door where satellite antennae control and sat receiver are.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
In my coach it is below tv and above fireplace in pull down cabinet door where satellite antennae control and sat receiver are.
I've looked in there and can't find anything that looks remotely like a distribution panel for selecting the desired input Our previous coach had a distribution panel, so I am familiar with the process.

I can scan over the air channels just by selecting "antenna" and selecting the scan feature directly from the tv menu. When I do the same process with the cable setup, nothing

Tried all 4 TV's, same response. Even had a friend come over and he hooked up his TV to the cable outlet on the post, and he was able to scan for cable channels. Swapped out my cable with his, still worked fine for his TV. Pretty sure I'm missing something
Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw8602 View Post
I've looked in there and can't find anything that looks remotely like a distribution panel for selecting the desired input Our previous coach had a distribution panel, so I am familiar with the process.

I can scan over the air channels just by selecting "antenna" and selecting the scan feature directly from the tv menu. When I do the same process with the cable setup, nothing

Tried all 4 TV's, same response. Even had a friend come over and he hooked up his TV to the cable outlet on the post, and he was able to scan for cable channels. Swapped out my cable with his, still worked fine for his TV. Pretty sure I'm missing something

Since you get the off air channels, do you have a switch somewhere that powers the amplifier for the off air antenna? Many times the amplifier must be off for the cable to be functional.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=Steve Ownby;2473909]Since you get the off air channels, do you have a switch somewhere that powers the amplifier for the off air antenna? Many times the amplifier must be off for the cable to be functional.

Steve, there is a power switch for the antenna. I have not tried that. Good suggestion, thanks. Unfortunately, it will be a couple of weeks until we are at a park with cable TV hookup available.

If this works, I will certainly let it be known.

I was hoping for the "hey dummy, it's right here!" answer
Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

The Winegard antenna booster switch is more than a booster. On the backside of the switch there are two inputs.ne is from the off-air antenna and the other is from the cable TV jack in the electrical bay. When you press the button to turn on the amplifier, the LED illuminates and the amplifier sends 12 volt power to the off-air antenna. It also connects the antenna to the switch's output. When you release the button, the LED goes out and the amplifier turns off. At the same time the input switches from the off-air feed to the cable TV feed. To watch cable you need to turn the LED and switch off.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote