Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Calling all Entegra Owners

In the process of researching DP's and have narrowed it down to Entegra & Phaeton. We are taking the plunge from a Class C.
As an owner of an Entegra product, are you happy with your purchase? I understand there will always be issues--it's the "nature of the beast". There aren't a lot (if any?) of negative comments about the units with ongoing problems that I can find online. Has anyone been RV'ing for a couple years and experiencing problems?
We expect to have this RV last us a long time--at least thats what i'm telling my husband!
Thanks in advance for any input!

racryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
In my past posts I was disappointed with the issues of a new coach but after a trip (paid by Entegra) back to the factory, all is well. After 9 months and 10k miles we are very happy with our Cornerstone. Constant comments on its fit and finish remind us of what a great purchase (for us) it was. Bought ours from Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX. Good family business.

2014 King Aire 4593
24' Stacker w/toys = 75' of fun
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In this forum, there many discussions on this very topic. You might want to check those out. Like Bullheaded, we have had our Anthem for 9 months. We have about 6000 miles(getting ready to add 6000 more) on it and couldn't be happier. We traded in a Jayco Super C for it. We found out that bigger really is better!! At the time it was between an Allegro Bus and the Anthem. They are both quality pieces but if you plan on keeping it, I would encourage you to look at how both are constructed. The Entegra is built with better construction techniques(ie hung wall, cross bracing, joist floors). Entegras web site details their construction, Tiffin barely discusses theirs. Cruzer, a Moderator here, is a Tiffin owner who did a review about Entegra. I would encourage you to read that. Cruzer has been at it awhile and has a pretty good perspective. http://www.rvcruzer.com/2012_entegra.php.
Finally there is Entegraís 2 year warranty. There still arenít very many of us out there(Entegra Owners) but I donít think you will find an unhappy one.
Gary & Leigh
2017 Entegra Cornerstone 45Y
2011 & 2014 Entegra Anthem(Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Ford Super Duty Owner
2011 Insignia. I'm headed up to the Entegra plant next month to resolve some issues, which is typical for a large MH. Looks and rides like a dream.
Entegra has only been producing a small # of MH's since '09 I believe. They are a div of Jayco who has been in business for 40+ years, and a follow-on to Travel Supreme, which has an excellent record of reliability and service.
This my 4th new MH and with all new MH you have a lot of inspecting and adjusting to do. This coach is no different except that I find the local dealers are not used to dealing with Entegra so there is a certain amount of stumbling and fumbling to get things corrected.
One other point the Insignia model has been discontinued in 2012 and rolled into the Aspire model.
I would look for at least 400hp if you have an option. I'm satisfied with my Freightliner chassis, but I think Spartan is now the prevailing chassis.
There may be a few '11 or '12 Insignia around and you will be getting the 360 hp Cummins ISB engine, a very good engine and with the new EPA eqpmt they are touting routine 9-10 mpg (remains to be seen). These 11 and 12 models should be discounted a lot since they're discontinuing them, but part support will continue and is nearly identical to the Aspire model.
As former post bankruptcy new Monaco owner, I am not concerned about the model discontinuing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv25.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	13056  
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
We have a little over 4,000 miles on ours and owned a big Travel Supreme (very close cousin) for 45000 miles before that. The fit and finish, as has been mentioned is fantastic and we are extremely happy with our purchase. Yes, we made a trip to the factory, they fixed everything, including some non warranty add ons that we requested and some things we did not even know about and did a super job. We could not imagine getting this quality fit and finish in any other coach priced any where near where the Entegra is priced. all just my opinion
2015 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2014 Lincoln MKT
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Thank you for all your valuable opinions, I appreciate it!
racryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Yes, we are very happy with our 2011 Aspire, had a 08 Tiffin Phaeton before, could not see doing this again. Have not had the need to visit the Entegra Factory, but would like to get there "one of these days" and check things out. RVCruzer had done the best write up I have ever seen about the Entegra Coach. RVcruzer.com - Entegra Coach Construction Overview

Rob & Victoria
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LP usage

How is the LP powered heating system in the Aspire? Does it burn a lot? There seems to be a lot of value for the money with Entegra.

FlaSam is offline   Reply With Quote