Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #1

Cargo door

Okay, first real problem with new Anthem 44B...one of the DS cargo doors has popped open 4-5 times since we took delivery April 16. Doors are locked and I have been double checking before departure, but it happened again today. Met an Aspire owner this evening at Fairmont Hot Springs outside Butte, MY and she remembers seeing an article on iRV2 relative to adjustments on the door locks. I searched under Entegra cargo door adjustment and found nothing. Can anyone help me with this?
Bigcheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I had same problem on my 15 Cornerstone, it popped open when I stopped at a red light. It is an adjustment issue, so I took it back to dealer, and they fixed the issue.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #3

It is an adjustment. Open the dirt and the shinny catch is held by two bolts, loosen and slide out a little. There is a thread I can't find right now giving details, someone will jump on soon and link it soon, when it is right you can pull the bottom with it closed and it will not pop open. Sorry I could not find it either but someone will post it.

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 06-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #4

Cargo door

I think this might be the previous post... Look at post #18.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/corn...ml#post2249068
motor69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:17 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Make sure the screws that are holding the latch aren't loose. On two of our doors the screws were over torked and I needed to replace the screws holding the latch with bigger ones and a bolt. Tommy (Anthem46) helped me do it in Kerrville. Just adjusting the metal latch didn't work. Email me it I didn't explain this correctly - l haven't had coffee yet.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Make sure the screws that are holding the latch aren't loose. On two of our doors the screws were over torked and I needed to replace the screws holding the latch with bigger ones and a bolt. Tommy (Anthem46) helped me do it in Kerrville. Just adjusting the metal latch didn't work. Email me it I didn't explain this correctly - l haven't had coffee yet.
X2. Not overtorqued on mine - just a little loose.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:25 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Here is that post with photos. Adjusted all my door when new and so far none have popped open. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/corn...ml#post2250266
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #8

Doors, Doors, Doors!

Bob,

I have had them swing open a couple of times and am stunned, no damage each time. I remember one person writing about ripping their bay door off in a toll plaza! After second time is when I checked all the hardware on the doors. I should have done this after the first incident. Just like Lynn said, mine was a hardware problem too. Not at all happy with the 2013 door latch system. Over 1/2 of my attaching hardware on all bay doors was stripped, over torqued, or just bolts barely hanging on. Had to take the time to redo all of the hardware with bigger bolts and a fully charged drill! Timely repair. I also have manually locked all the doors each and every time in addition to engaging the electric bay door locks.

Ron
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #9

Thanks for all the advice. All screws were tight so I tried the crow bar approach on the hoop section of the latch. Worked like a champ. Tested all remaining cargo doors and found no problems.
Bigcheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Glad that is all it took to get them fixed. Happy traveling
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for reporting back what fixed the problem. Hopefully that will help the next person and give others the idea to check their doors before one does get damaged.

I know when I checked mine I had one for sure that would have swung open in travel. It was only catching a 1/4 inch of the latch.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #12
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheebs View Post
Okay, first real problem with new Anthem 44B...one of the DS cargo doors has popped open 4-5 times since we took delivery April 16. Doors are locked and I have been double checking before departure, but it happened again today. Met an Aspire owner this evening at Fairmont Hot Springs outside Butte, MY and she remembers seeing an article on iRV2 relative to adjustments on the door locks. I searched under Entegra cargo door adjustment and found nothing. Can anyone help me with this?
Still taping mine whenever traveling. I think the design is defective and inappropriate for it's use. Might work fine for a stationary situation but rattling down the road tends to move the latch out and the door comes open. I don't think we owners should have to constantly keep readjusting these things when the design is defective. Now have had two doors replaced. Going to Indiana to get them repainted in July-big hassle!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #13

In mid 2014 Entegra decided to go to the same door the Aspire uses and has had a problem with the doors latching every since. One case where commonality sucks. Previous to that the Anthem and Cornerstone used a latch similar to an auto door instead of a house door. Progress??? Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #14
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
In mid 2014 Entegra decided to go to the same door the Aspire uses and has had a problem with the doors latching every since. One case where commonality sucks. Previous to that the Anthem and Cornerstone used a latch similar to an auto door instead of a house door. Progress??? Noel
I have sent a "demand" letter to Entegra. I am not posting it yet but will in a few days if I don't get a satisfactory answer soon.

Tags
door