Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Maybe on your coach, but that hasn't been the experience with mine. As I transition to a new coach, I find the installer has paid very special attention to ground clearance of the hitch. The lowest point of my lift is no lower than the hitch on the coach and extends at that level approx 1 foot out the back of the coach, not 2.5 - 3 feet when the lift has moved the bike to ride height.
Well, let's see a picture of this!
Mine is welded to the bottom of the frame, and extends well past.
Let's see how they attached yours!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
not 2.5 - 3 feet when the lift has moved the bike to ride height. .
One more thing...... The frame that supports the Hydralift never changes, whether theres a bike on the lift or not !!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:40 AM   #17

We purchased a Cruiser Lift, as it was what the previous owner used. The coach already had the required triple receiver installed. All but the receiver can be completely removed when not needed. The low spot is extended out from the back of the coach about 18" and does require special care to avoid steep driveways. We have successfully navigated ferrys, although it sometimes required some boards being placed under the rear wheels to avoid dragging.

The bike gets dirty even with the mist guard, but it cleans up quickly. I've tried to attach pictures. If they don't come through, I'd be happy to email photos...just PM your email address.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Cruiser lift 3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	596.0 KB
ID:	71427[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruiser lift 2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	469.7 KB
ID:	71424  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cruiser lift 2.jpg.pdf (541.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: pdf Cruiser lift 3.jpg.pdf (761.7 KB, 39 views)
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:50 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Here is another option. Put it on the roof of you RV. All you need is a step ladder.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
I have an enclosed trailer for carry my motorcycle, car, two kayaks and two bicycles. My bike and car stay clean and secure. Out of site, out of mind!
We don't have this many toys. We plan to fulltime next year and the goal is an EC, bike, and truck......That's it and all we need. Since I clean the bike often I'm not concerned with a little dirt.

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Look, I have one!
The clearance issue is'nt from the bike to the road when lifted..... The bike is waaaaaay up there!
The frame of the Hydralift is welded to the bottom of the chassis frame, and continues back behind the chassis frame for another 2.5 to 3 feet. This is where you will drag!
The lift mentioned by a poster bosting 40" of clearance, I think plugs into the factory reciever !
I dont think that reciever is made to hold over 1,000 lb. Towing is one thing, but putting that weight on it?
Maybe it's the video or me, but the Hydralift install I watched

looks like it's at the same height OR just a little bit lower than the original factory receiver. I've never seen one installed nor have I met anyone with one, but if it's at ~the same height as the factory receiver, than I can't see how you would bottom out. Now, I can understand the effect of the coach front end when you run into dips in the road. This I can handle.

-paul
Old 08-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
For Rear Lifts have your front & rear axle weighted when loaded for travel. Then you can add on the extra weight of a lift by below.

Measure the distance from the center of rear axle to the center of the weight(Lift)
Divide that number by the RV’s wheelbase.
Multiply the result by 100 to get percent.

That percent of the load is added to the load and becomes the total load added to the rear axle.
That percent of the load is subtracted from the front axle weight and unloads the front axle by that amount.

800 lb bike, Lift 100 lb=900 lb
Center axle to rear 120” wheelbase 240”
120 divide by 240=0.50 X 100= 50%

Weight is 1350 lb added to rear axle
Front axle will be 450 lbs lighter

Make sure your rear axle is not overloaded.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Well, let's see a picture of this!
Mine is welded to the bottom of the frame, and extends well past.
Let's see how they attached yours!
Not flaming you, sir, I'll be happy to post picture as soon as the lift has been reinstalled on my new coach in about four hours.

One thing I have seen with this second install is...it would seem no two are the same. If the extensions from the frame (the lowest height at travel height) come out 2-4 feet, I'd make darn sure it to be more than two inch tube (my first install). And I probably wouldn't do it. I do note that install it appears that the installer is going under the frame, but my Cornerstone does ride about three inches higher than the Anthem that I had before...likely the K3 Spartan chassis characteristic. And he is using heavier steal...which pleases me.

My suggestion to all, is if you go Hrdralift, use an installer that Hrdralift recommends, talk with him before you order and have him look at your coach. Ask how he would do it. If it sounds right then move forward. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #23

Here's my install.

You can see the factory receiver. Hydralift frame is 6" lower, and extends 14" beyond.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #24

So, I'll ask the questions, wideglide -

Do you like the lift?
Would you do it again?
Does it do EVERYTHING you need it to do?

I'm looking at it this way. If it does what I need it to do without any issues to the coach, the ability to drive the coach safely, and it keeps my bike safe. Then its a win for me because I get to go on the road with my bike and enjoy myself.

-paul
Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #25

Previous owner of the coach had it installed !
I've never had my scoot on it yet. I need to get a metal fabricator build me a wider rear channel that will fit my back tire.

They are probably the best lift out there.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #26

If I was having it installed, I would do the same as Dave, and discuss with the installer about mounting the frame as high as possible, even if it meens cutting notches in the rear cap.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #27

I'm assuming any of the suggested 2-wheeled accommodations will graciously reflect the appropriate image expected by my BMW 1200RT, even if it does have over 90,000 ultimate riding miles? Just sparking conversation.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #28

I have a Cruiser Lift and do have a small problem with clearance if the front of the coach starts up an incline. Clearance is fine at the lift but I have a 2' extension and then the Blue Ox tow bar. From the rear axle to the end of the tow bar is all overhang. Hence as the front goes up, it's not uncommon for the tow bar to drag a little. Hasn't been an issue.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote