Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Flanz,

I would highly recommend HydraLift. I'm on my second Motorhome & second HydraLift.
Installed correctly they are well above the OEM receiver and when up can not hit the ground without doing body damage first. Sometimes requires that you wash the bike but I've been hauling an 04 Harley Ultra Classic for 7 years.
Recommend if you tow a vehicle four down that you use the HydraLift receiver rather than the Coach receiver to be well aft so as not to remodel the hood in a sharp turn with a substantial change incline. (don't ask!)
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Don't worry Peter and Kathy. If the Hydralift works for a Harley, it can only improve the appearance of a BMW. You'll look like you're playing with the big boys.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
As promised, here are the raw pictures of my re-install on my Cornerstone. The three views show inside, where you can see that the frame attachment is about 1.5 inches below the motor support cross bar between the frames (that extra one inch was to allow access to a bolt on the frame on another motor support). The second view shows the connection from the side. You can see it in relation to the coach hitch (remember, the Hydralift has its own hitch rated at 8000#s). The third picture shows the install of the bracket from the rear. Note, if I bottom out with the bottom of the lift, I will have torn off the trailer/toad plug (that's it below the 1 on the tag)...and by the way, probably the tailpipe as well. This install was done at Larry's Welding (Stocking HydraliftDealer in Redmond Oregon...$65 an hour was my rate plus the cost of the new brackets...his estimation not to cut the old welds and take a chance on weakening the brackets) and he did a super job, making a stronger connection than the original installer...super craftsmanship and attention to detail. Again, JMHO, a great choice of lift, but you need to take your coach to the installer, let him look at what needs to be done, then choose. For me, I'd never cut into the rear cap for an install, unless I was going to keep the coach a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside View.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	71539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side View.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	71540  

Name:	Lift Rear View.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	71541  
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #32

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1408606871

Flanz,

Everything I've heard is that the Hydra Lift is a quality product. The Cruiserlift is a less expensive option, but equally up to the job. In the shot taken from the rear, you can see the lowest point of the cruiser lift, just below the center receiver. The receiver shown, is where the extension to tow a vehicle 4 down attaches.

The side view of the rear is to let you see where that low spot is in relation to the rear overhang

The picture without the lift attached is to show you the triple receiver left attached to the RV. There is a trailer attached, to the center receiver. I have not had trouble with the triple receiver dragging.

If you go to the Cruiserlift website, they have a lot of information on whether it can be used on your coach, including figuring the added weight. http://cruiserlift.site.aplus.net/si...ements2008.pdf

Our MH is just under 34', not a large one. The previous owner flat towed a car for many miles while carrying his Harley. I'd guess we've carried the motorcycle for at least 20,000 miles without problems, just some care on steep driveways. We have scraped the low point, but it hasn't sustained any visible damage. We don't have a vehicle to flat tow, but if your vehicle can handle it...the lift is rated to flat tow 6,000 lbs. and carry a 1,000 lb motorcycle.

Good luck with your shopping. and FYI, my DH has loaded it himself, although usually I help handing him straps etc. We do not use the kickstand tray it comes with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cruiser lift hitch.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	71547   Click image for larger version

Name:	cruiser lift rear view.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	71548  

Name:	cruiser lift side view.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	71549  
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Sounds like a nice lift as well. Curious, from the picture, looks like the bike leans a little outward. Was that you experience? I know my Hydralift installer installed the brackets 3 degrees inward to account for the weight of the bike on the arms. Regardless of your choice, might want to discuss this with your installer. I know my first installer didn't and I had the same outward lean. Just a thought.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #34

Jayco Owners Club
I have a like new Overbuilt listed in the advertisement section of this forum.
http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/sh...erbuilt&cat=23
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Sounds like a nice lift as well. Curious, from the picture, looks like the bike leans a little outward.
I think it is just the picture angle. It rides flat and straight, although if the straps aren't pulled evenly, it could lean. The ramp is pulled up and pinned in place. There is a support tightened into place underneath too, so it isn't just resting on brackets

Here is it as we were getting on the George Black Ferry to cross the Yukon River. After a few miles on the unpaved Top of the World Highway, everything was pretty dirty. Usually I can just us a spray detailer and wipe the dust off...after this road, it took a serious washing.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1408687031
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01863.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	71648   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01869 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	71649  

Name:	DSC01882 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	71650   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01952 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	71651  

Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #36

Quote:
As promised, here are the raw pictures of my re-install on my Cornerstone. The three views show inside, where you can see that the frame attachment is about 1.5 inches below the motor support cross bar between the frames (that extra one inch was to allow access to a bolt on the frame on another motor support). The second view shows the connection from the side. You can see it in relation to the coach hitch (remember, the Hydralift has its own hitch rated at 8000#s). The third picture shows the install of the bracket from the rear. Note, if I bottom out with the bottom of the lift, I will have torn off the trailer/toad plug (that's it below the 1 on the tag)...and by the way, probably the tailpipe as well. This install was done at Larry's Welding (Stocking HydraliftDealer in Redmond Oregon...$65 an hour was my rate plus the cost of the new brackets...his estimation not to cut the old welds and take a chance on weakening the brackets) and he did a super job, making a stronger connection than the original installer...super craftsmanship and attention to detail. Again, JMHO, a great choice of lift, but you need to take your coach to the installer, let him look at what needs to be done, then choose. For me, I'd never cut into the rear cap for an install, unless I was going to keep the coach a long time.
Thanks Dave,

Altho it can be difficult to see everything in pictures, it appears to be a nice install. Good suggestions associated with the installation of ANY lift, appreciate it, especially the 3 degree tilt. I think at one point you mentioned that you had a lift installed in FLA, could be wrong, but was it just a location thing or is guy tops on your list for installation?

Any chance you could provided some pic's of the bike on the lift? Both in the up and down position? Also, do you dump the bags loading and unloading the bike? Or is easier with the bags air'd up?

Thanks

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 AM   #37

Nice setup Beyond with the bike and MH, but I think I'd be crying once I got parked on the boat and saw my bike. I know this is an unusual situation, but I still think there'd be a tear in my eye.....

Thanks for sharing.

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Thanks Dave,

Altho it can be difficult to see everything in pictures, it appears to be a nice install. Good suggestions associated with the installation of ANY lift, appreciate it, especially the 3 degree tilt. I think at one point you mentioned that you had a lift installed in FLA, could be wrong, but was it just a location thing or is guy tops on your list for installation?

Any chance you could provided some pic's of the bike on the lift? Both in the up and down position? Also, do you dump the bags loading and unloading the bike? Or is easier with the bags air'd up?

Thanks

-paul
I originally had my lift installed At Eagle Mountain RV (or something like that) inside the Great Outdoors Resort in Titusville. That guy was meticulous and did a good job. He used 2" tubular steel coming off the frame. As you can see from this reinstall, Larry's Welding used 2X4" steel tube. Think it will make for a stronger attachment.

We're in a campground for another week, before I load up and head to West Yellowstone, but I'll be happy to send a pic then when I get loaded. As for dumping, not required. The lift lowers to the ground, air up to ride height or not.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #39

Wow. I bet that took a bit of washing to get that stuff out of all the nook and crannies. Our scoot did not get near as dirty as your Harley on the back of your rig. And we rode over the Top of the World highway!!!
algolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a tear in my eye when I saw the photo of the bike and it is not even mine.

The picture of the bike should be posted in the Motorcycle Riders Show your Ride thread. It will be a classic. I one rode to Watson Lake and passed through three construction sites in the rain. I and the motorcycle looked about the same color.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
I have a hydra lift with a diamond plate on the floor. My first year I used the garage they sell and that kept the bike clean however that garage fell apart after a few trips. Waste of $1500. Now I just wrap with a $140. Harley cover and bike stays clean. Easy to put the bike on and off too. Weight and height do not seem to be an issue and I do not pay the extra toll when on toll roads because there is no 4th axle unless I am towing my car with a tow dolly.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I originally had my lift installed At Eagle Mountain RV (or something like that) inside the Great Outdoors Resort in Titusville. That guy was meticulous and did a good job. He used 2" tubular steel coming off the frame. As you can see from this reinstall, Larry's Welding used 2X4" steel tube. Think it will make for a stronger attachment.

We're in a campground for another week, before I load up and head to West Yellowstone, but I'll be happy to send a pic then when I get loaded. As for dumping, not required. The lift lowers to the ground, air up to ride height or not.
Eagle's Pride in the Great Outdoors compex, Titusville Florida, right off I-95. Authorized Spartan repair center. I take my RV there whenever I can. Talk to Mike (the owner) or Josh. All of their repair guys are middle aged and have been doing it a long time. You can even camp in the lot if needed.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote