Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I just ordered a portable one. Will report back after some time using it
Great! Will be looking out for your report. From what I see on Amazon, it gets a solid 5 stars.

It may be difficult to check objectively for hardness with this system since it does not remove calcium from the water but if it is true it forms large aragonite clusters not sure if hardnesss testing strips would "see" that calcium or not. This would be a good question to ask customer service. A quick alternative you could try once your Hard Water Bullet has been in line for a while is to make identical soap solutions in a jar using pre and post bullet water, then shaking them to see if the post solution creates a bigger "head" of foam.

At any rate, this appears to not be a scam but the jury is still out. Clearly, at least the polyphosphate treatment to reduce scaling is not a scam as it has been used by municipal water treatment systems for decades.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
Pwdr Extreme-- Did you install this RV version of the salt free softner? Results?

I am thinking about going with this technology next week before we start our three month journey to Canada and back. Thx
I ordered the portable version https://www.filterwaterdirect.com/pr...water-softener Will try it when I head out on the 19th. Which I realize doesn't help your timeline much.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
It will work with our timeline...looking forward to hearing your results. [emoji6]
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
It will work with our timeline...looking forward to hearing your results. [emoji6]
X2 looking forward to the report.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:55 PM   #19
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
I ordered the portable version https://www.filterwaterdirect.com/pr...water-softener Will try it when I head out on the 19th. Which I realize doesn't help your timeline much.
How is the unit working? Thanks in advance
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:53 PM   #20

I used mine for the first time this weekend. Hard to say how it works with only one weekend to observe. We'll be traveling for a month beginning June 15. I'll report back after that trip
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #21

Just got back from a 2 week trip with 5 of us, so we went thru a ton of water. The water definitely does NOT have the same feel of softened water. When showering it “feels” partially softened, for lack of a better way to put it. Certainly better than just regular water, but not like the soft water in my house.

This was in various spots around Utah near the national parks which I’d imagine would be pretty hard water.

The shower glass still water spotted some, but it was very easy to clean it off. (Just used it for 2 weeks and cleaned when we got home, didn’t wipe it down between showers like I normally do when it’s just myself and girlfriend traveling)

Dishes didn’t seem to water spot, we just washed in the sink and let sit to dry, didn’t use the dishwasher.

All in all I would say it’s a reasonably good alternative. Not quite as nice as softener system, but certainly less expensive and much easier to use. When you see the tank with the insert you put beads in you will probably think it’s way overpriced just like I did, but not completely out of line.

The unit is small enough it will fit inside the wet bay between the panel and the door, so you don’t have to worry about it being stolen.

In summary I will continue using it and don’t regret purchasing it.

*tip, use about 6 wraps of teflon tape on the fittings and crank them down tight! My normal 3 wraps and pretty dang snug still dripped.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #22

Very interesting results. Time will tell about scaling. If I hadn't spent on a new 16000 on the go softener just a few weeks ago I would buy one now. I will probably go with it for new house.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:17 AM   #23

I have had mine on now for about three months. This June-July, we had the coach on the road for over a month. I think the system works pretty good, maybe as good as a conventional softener

Here are my observations:
The water will leave some hard water scales or spotting on counters and faucets, but they wipe right off. The same is true for the shower doors. I have to say though, I/we are religious about using the squeegee after each shower, so what scales do appear appear on the lower sections and also clean off very easily. Overall I like it. In the three months we have used very little medium.
I have yet to look inside the washing machine and inspect that.

It does seem to slightly reduce water pressure, but not enough to affect normal use. The shower still has plenty of punch to it

Hope this helps others
Old 07-29-2018, 05:28 AM   #24

I should also add, that I did not mount mine in the wet bay. I just attached it to the campgrounds faucet. Don't think that matters any, just sayen
Old 07-30-2018, 10:32 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This Youtube video explains the difference between the two types of systems very well.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHutting View Post
This Youtube video explains the difference between the two types of systems very well.

Great video, no free lunch.

Here is what I did: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/wate...ct-400653.html

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #27

I installed an "On-the-Go" tank on my 2014 Anthem. With the help of NIRVC Phoenix
we plumbed the water hoses (in and out) so that the water softener lies in the bay with
the power cord. The water softener is heavy enough that I did not want to lug it in and out
and hook up to water source every time I changed camps. With my current system, I have to lift the water softener out on the ground to pull the power cord in or out. No hose uncoupling needed. Recharging with salt is also fairly easy with the softener tank on ground just outside of power bay.
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, water