Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #1

Ceiling air return filters.

Has anyone cleaned or replaced any of these little gems yet?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #2

Just vacuum them with the brush attachment. No need to take them apart as the screws may not go back in properly.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #3

I have cleaned mine twice (One time per year. No issues just take your time and be sure and snap the plastic retainers in properly as they are somewhat hard to seat properly in the frame. The rear ones seemed dirty than the front sets. I just wash them in lukewarm soapy water and squeeze them as dry as I can and put them back up. I suspect tehy will be the dirtiest the first time due to construction debris.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #4

I clean the ones in the bedroom about once a month, the others about 3-6 months. Like previous poster I find the bedroom gets dirty quicker. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I will be replacing mine with these. Web Vent Filters (12-Pack)-WVENT - The Home Depot

Buy 2 sets, when it comes time to replace them, put the dirty ones in the top rack of the dishwasher. No waiting for wet filters to dry. They will need to be trimmed to fit, but much better than the foam filters.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I will be replacing mine with these. Web Vent Filters (12-Pack)-WVENT - The Home Depot

Buy 2 sets, when it comes time to replace them, put the dirty ones in the top rack of the dishwasher. No waiting for wet filters to dry. They will need to be trimmed to fit, but much better than the foam filters.

Thanks chuck I was going to pm you about this (and still may if I cant find this thread when ready to buy)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Tom,
They are at Home Depot in the A/C filter section of the store. I used this material in the Travels Supreme and it was great.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:00 PM   #8

We found filter material that is a direct replacement at Home depot. It's labeled as air conditioner filter foam and was $.97 for a 15" X 24" sheet. It was probably right next to Chuck's filters. Bought 2 packages. Just need to cut 12 of the right size. Plan to clean and save the old ones so we have a ready replacement set.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I thought someone had posted the drill bit size needed and I can't seem to find it. Anyone recall. The one I have is close but I want to make sure with these vent covers.
Thanks
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
I thought someone had posted the drill bit size needed and I can't seem to find it. Anyone recall. The one I have is close but I want to make sure with these vent covers.
Thanks

A #2 square bit.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:33 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
We found filter material that is a direct replacement at Home depot. It's labeled as air conditioner filter foam and was $.97 for a 15" X 24" sheet. It was probably right next to Chuck's filters. Bought 2 packages. Just need to cut 12 of the right size. Plan to clean and save the old ones so we have a ready replacement set.
People are free to use whatever they like....but there is a reason for the cost difference.

My AC dude was at my S&B doing a service call. He looked at the Travel Supreme while it was in the driveway. When he saw the foam filters he went to his truck and cut out mesh filters to fit in place of the foam telling me that stuff was almost worthless. Another nice thing about the white mesh is you can see when they need cleaning and not wait until they are caked before you notice it. He also said there was a reason they didn't use foam filters for home AC units. A professionals opinion, not mine. I just followed his reasons.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I've just been taking my Dyson stick and putting it on high and cleaning the filters through the vents. To see how it was doing I emptied the cylinder and checked it after cleaning and had a fair amount of stuff in the canister. Taking a flash light to the filter it looked pretty much clean to me. For now that's how I'm going to handle it. Maybe I'll do a twice yearly good pull apart cleaning.
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
We looked at ours while on our trip. They didn't look too bad. DW used brush and wand on her Dyson to vacuum them today and kept clogging the brush! I removed all of them and got a dust and sawdust shower from most of them! They were gross!

I washed all of them as well as the retainers and vent covers. Before I reinstall them I'm going to Lowes (my preference over Home Depot) and get material like Borbox recommended.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling