RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #1

Ceiling fans not working

Plugged into 110 power at my in-laws house. Set the power control system to 20A and the inverter to 5W. All power in the coach seems to be OK, except for the ceiling fans in the bathrooms. Tried to raise them, they hum like they want to raise for about 3 seconds and then stop. All breakers above the driver are OK. Any thoughts of where to look next?

GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Your coach is newer than mine, but I was told to always set the power to 5amp. Might give it a try.

Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Start the generator and see if it's a low power problem. The 5 amp setting is for how much the battery charges are limited to, not the amount of power that is consumed by other draws.

If the generator solves the problem, other items will need to be shut down for the fans to work. Surprised that the 110 breaker did not trip.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:48 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The lid might be stuck to the rubber gasket. Turn the manual crank or give a little push while it tries to open.
kwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Excuse me I misread the post, I thought it was the Bedroom fan. Kwoods is correct, plus the bath fan is 12v. Sorry about that.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #6

I am so confused. The lowest setting in the Power Control System is 20A. From other posts, I thought I needed to set it to 5A, but that is not possible. So on the Zantrex SCM, I found a setting for 5W...so I set it there thinking I had my amps and watts mixed up. I haven't started the genny yet but the GFI plug at the house WAS tripped. The GFI in the coach was fine. Actually overnight the GFI in the coach tripped a couple of times but I was able to reset and everything was back to normal. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how to configure the Zantrex correctly.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #7

First I'd start the generator and get those batteries fully charged. Them mess with the settings.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Dave is correct, get the batteries charged. Also if the shore power is on a GFI circuit you will continue to have problems. The MH and shore GFI plugs don't play well together.
The Xantrex is something most of us do not have, so can't help with settings. I had a Xantrex in the TS, but that was before control settings. Hopefully someone can help with the setting. Can you plug into another outlet that is not a GFI?
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
I am so confused. The lowest setting in the Power Control System is 20A. From other posts, I thought I needed to set it to 5A, but that is not possible. So on the Zantrex SCM, I found a setting for 5W...so I set it there thinking I had my amps and watts mixed up. I haven't started the genny yet but the GFI plug at the house WAS tripped. The GFI in the coach was fine. Actually overnight the GFI in the coach tripped a couple of times but I was able to reset and everything was back to normal. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how to configure the Zantrex correctly.

Other posts referring to 5A setting are for the Magnum controller. Hopefully someone with an Insignia will chime in with Zantrex settings. I did not know there was a way to set a watt limit.
Sounds like a low voltage issue. Do you have a house battery voltage reading? Hopefully you got the generator started and house batteries charged.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Plugged into 110 power at my in-laws house. Set the power control system to 20A and the inverter to 5W. All power in the coach seems to be OK, except for the ceiling fans in the bathrooms. Tried to raise them, they hum like they want to raise for about 3 seconds and then stop. All breakers above the driver are OK. Any thoughts of where to look next?
The setting " Inverter = 5 watts " is a load sensing setting. It is the watts needed, by something, to wake up the inverter. If that setting is to high, a small device, like a phone charger will not wake up the inverter, so no output and no phone charging. If you set it at 0, the inverter is always awake but using a bit more battery power, all of the time.

Its not a setting used or adjusted when on shore power.

You need to look for " AC information, Breaker Size ".
That will have setting with 5 AMPS, 10 AMPS...... up to 30 AMPs. That is the setting to adjust when on wall outlet power, to prevent breakers from tripping.

Just remember to put it back to 30 amps, when on good CG or generator power. That way your batteries get charged properly.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #11

Unfortunately I had to leave the coach as is, and won't be able to get back to it until Saturday. With temperatures getting into the teens this week, I hope all will be OK. I was able to configure the AGS, but not test it. When I left the coach, the batteries (4 AGM) were fully charged. I wasn't sure how to get heat in the basement, so I set the thermostat in the middle setting and left zone 2 at 47 degrees, with both gas and electric Aqua Hot on. Was afraid if I turned zones 1-3 off, then the basement heat wouldn't work. Argggg.. Wish I knew this system better and the manuals are minimal help.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Unfortunately I had to leave the coach as is, and won't be able to get back to it until Saturday. With temperatures getting into the teens this week, I hope all will be OK. I was able to configure the AGS, but not test it. When I left the coach, the batteries (4 AGM) were fully charged. I wasn't sure how to get heat in the basement, so I set the thermostat in the middle setting and left zone 2 at 47 degrees, with both gas and electric Aqua Hot on. Was afraid if I turned zones 1-3 off, then the basement heat wouldn't work. Argggg.. Wish I knew this system better and the manuals are minimal help.
If you turn on the electric side of the 400LP aqua hot on and turn on the basement thermostat, you're basement will get some heat. This is usually good to the high teens or low 20's.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #13

GFI's don't play well when daisy chained together. Had a problem with power in my homes master bath and the wall outlets were all GFI on the same circuit. This caused the GFI's to pop as they thought there was a fault. Electrician was able to put a jumper wire between the two that were affected that ran power around the 1st GFI to the 2nd on the wall which solved the issue.
MrFirewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #14

Unfortunately, exterior outlets by WA code must be GFI. However I was able to get to an outlet inside my Brother in-laws garage, which solved most issues. However, ceiling fans still do not open. Now on my punchlist for repair.

Tags
ceiling, fan