Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cool Ceiling Panels . . . .

I have an issue with my mid A/C creating condensation on the ceiling mirror. The photo shows the ceiling treatment in my coach. Does anyone know how to remove the ceiling panels to get to the A/C's ??

Thanks . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ceiling.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	178829  
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
J S

You can easily get in to frim the roof
J S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #3

Focus on the two smaller oval mirror sections on each end. There is an AC inlet underneath each of those. You need to pulll those down to access the AC inlet to clean the intake air filters as they may be restrictive and causing cold air to back up and circulate down onto the morrors making them cold causing the condensation.

The center mirror doesn't need to be removed.

The colored fabric oval on the wood ovals is held by velcro. Pull down on it gently working around the edges. it will come off and land around your neck.

Underneath there you will find the head of long wood screw or long drywall type screws. A #2 square drive bit is best but some philips will fit sufficiently to remove them. When you remove them the mirror and wood is going to come down so have some hands holding the wood frame. Underneath the wood framed mirror is the AC inlet. There is a foam sheet filter there. Since you are asking this now it is likely the foam filter has never been cleaned and is probably caked with a layer of dust. This filter cleaning is a bi-annual ritual since the air intake for the fronttwo AC units is under those two small oval mirrors. you will notice they are spaced off the ceiling to create a gap. That gap becomes the air inlet for the AC unit and the filter is under it.

Each of the four long screws goes thru a wooden round dowel section of broom handle that serves as the 1 inch spacer to create the gap for air flow to the AC inlet Those are likely to fall off the screws and/or off the wooden mirror surround if you completely remove the screw. Don't completely remove the screw. It is about 3 inches long if i remember correctly so you can loosen it until it sticks out quite a bit and the threads will stay in the wooden dowel spacer to hold it in place when you lower the mirror surround. You will feel when the last thread aactually holding the surround lets go of the support it engages so stop then. They are a PIA to put back together which is why you want to mark the front end of the surround and keep the screws and spacers together. The 4 holes are not symmetrical as you would expect. They are as random as the Entegra employee made them when they assembled this....probably upside down or something.

Good luck with it. Not too difficult if you are tall but a PIA and very frustrating to get all 4 screws lined back up in their respective holes.

Post results for our amusement
Old 10-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J S View Post
You can easily get in to frim the roof

I don't think you can get to the air inlet filter from the roof but I my be wrong. Just never tried it that way.

BTW the filter for the third rear AC is underneath an easily removable plastic grill I believe. There are two plastic releases to squeeze and the panel drops down. The foam filter is under there. Same sort of setup as in the front two but the front two are cleverly hidden under those two small oval mirrors that must be removed to access.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Thanks jestal....that was exactly the information I was seeking... I’ve had the coach for a year, ut not sure if they were ever cleaned before I acquired it.

I’ll get a helper and take those small mirrors down and clean...I’m sure they need it.

Thanks again for the detailed instructions!
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #6

Friend has 14 aspire that just had mid ac gasket replaced due to leaking water during rain storms. Was a slow leaker too. Maybe Same issue for you
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #7

I have never heard of taking that apart and that more filters are under the mirrors. I have had my coach since new and have cleaned the air intake vents often. Good to know that these other filters exist. Any other items like this that anyone is aware of? Are they reachable from the roof if the a/c units are removed?
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I asked CS about removing the mirrors to access filters, and they said it is not true. Don't do it. I don't know what to believe. Is it specific to certain year models? Guess I need to talk to CS again.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Let ask a question, are you in a very humid environment? Last month I was in Hilton Head and we were getting moisture on the vent in the half bath. All filters were clean and I checked our center ac to ensure the pump and drain line was working properly. The cure was that I needed to run the bath fan on 10% while there. The last week the humidity went down and no more problems. We are full timers and had never had this issue before or after this stop
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
I asked CS about removing the mirrors to access filters, and they said it is not true. Don't do it. I don't know what to believe. Is it specific to certain year models? Guess I need to talk to CS again.
The difference is the model year. In 2012 and at least part of 2013 the filters are under the small mirrors. From 2014 and on the filters are no longer located under the mirror detail.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, panel