Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #1

Cel 2610 FMI 4

Well after two years the dreaded SPN 3610 has reappeared. The MIL came on yellow, drifted off and on and after running the coach at an RPM greater tha 2,000 the light remained off for the next 400+ miles but came back on as we were getting off the interstate in Boerne, TX. Last time I replaced the DPF sensor and had the ECM flashed. So I’m hoping to do the same. I have already replaced the sensor (15 min job - experienced now ) and need to check how many EVM upgrades have occurred over the last two years. However, I have a couple of questions for this illustrious group:

1. I have owned my 2012 Aspire since new and have over 40k miles but have never seen a regen occur. Is this usual?
2. If it is not usual, can a manual or parked regen be performed.

I have read about running the engine in 5th gear and over 2k RPMs will do a regen, but not real sure about that and how long would you need to run it that way?

Other than that, this coach has been a gem and I’ve been able to fix level most of the usual repairs (e.g., LP aqua hot and thermostat replacement or buck booster ).

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will be calling Cummins tomorrow and will updte this board upon response.

I sincerely appreciate all of your comments and expertise!!

Sincerely.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2019, 08:59 PM   #2

All

Just seeing if I can get a response to my two questions above.

Any help is greatly appre!!!
Old 09-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #3

Jeff

I had a 15 Anthem and to the best of my knowledge, I never had a forced Regen. By that I mean that it never went into a regen process beause of soot build up. Now, I had a Cummins dealer do a regen and he did that by putting the coach in park/neutral and then put the Cummins on high idle. He let it run for about an hour.

On this Cornerstone, I have had one time the Cummins went into the regen and it simply showed something like "regen in Process" on my screen but I was running on an interstate at ~ 68 mph and taching at 1550 and I know that as a soft regen.... done while running down the highway.

I have seen semi tractors in CUmmins shops sitting with engine running like it is running 75 mph down the road (assume taching 1800+ revs).

Call Cummins after hours number tomorrow to verify what they think you should do.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Jeff, I have never seen my Classic Aspire do a ReGen. I have not had any updates done or replaced any sensors (feel lucky and hate to mess with it). I do cruise about 70 when traveling on most drives to my destination, and can drive 6 to 8 hours a day until I get there. Not sure if that takes care of the Re-Gen process. My coach has about 49K miles.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
34,000 miles on my 14, never saw a regen light even when it went into a parking lot regen after the dash air conditioner was worked on all day with the coach idling most of the time. The only way to tell it was in regen is it would not come out of fast idle and the heat at the rear exhaust.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
34,000 miles on my 14, never saw a regen light even when it went into a parking lot regen after the dash air conditioner was worked on all day with the coach idling most of the time. The only way to tell it was in regen is it would not come out of fast idle and the heat at the rear exhaust.
Thank you everyone. I’ll call Spartan or Cummins to try to get their response. I’ll post here once I get it. This happened 2 years ago and I replaced the sensor and flashed ECM. It started on the way home from Breckinridge when we slowed down due to traffic is a small town. Similar to two tears ago. Anyhow I’ll post tesp9nse here.

Thanks!!
Old 09-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Jeff, I have never seen my Classic Aspire do a ReGen. I have not had any updates done or replaced any sensors (feel lucky and hate to mess with it). I do cruise about 70 when traveling on most drives to my destination, and can drive 6 to 8 hours a day until I get there. Not sure if that takes care of the Re-Gen process. My coach has about 49K miles.
Mwood

After some sleuthing I found this document that provides details regarding the SCR replacement on the Cummins website. It is Campaign C2112. I’m going to call Cummins tomorrow since my engine shows as part of voluntary recall. You might want to check yours.

(You need to register w/Cummins and have your engine serial # to be able to log in to their website) (Our Tiffin has all the serial numbers listed in the rear closet)

https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Regards,
Old 09-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #8

All

I have confirmed the C2112 Campaign impacts the after treatment components, specifically the SCR. This campaign requires the SCR to be dropped, inspected and replaced if the SCR # is included. I called Cummins and discussed the CEL SPN 3613/FMI 4 and they confirmed this could be because of the SCR and the Campaign. I also created a new thread with this Campaign to inform others.

Here it the link to the Campaign:
https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/p...2.html?q=c2112
(Requires registration and login)

Here is the link for all Campaigns:
http://marketing.sites.cummins.com/S...elqCampaignId=

Hope this helps!
Old 09-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 2012 Aspire as well with about 60K Miles.
I've never noticed a Regen.

I'll make note of the C2112 and have it checked out.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Jeff, I will look into my unit as well with Cummings. (I believe I am registered with them)
Old 10-13-2019, 09:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks Jeff, I will look into my unit as well with Cummings. (I believe I am registered with them)
All

Just to follow up and close this out. I had the C2112 campaign (SCR) completed last week. They have to remove the SCR, check serial, and if it falls within the list replace it. Most Cummins shops will not have the SCR in stock so it has to be overnighted. Mine was on the list and they installed the new SCR, resolved some DPF sensor harness issues I had (SPN3610/FMI4), and updated the ECM. They checked and cleared my engine error codes (3134 was the Cummins code for the SPN 3610). All of the work was done under the Campaign warranty and completed in 3 days at Austin Cummins. Good group and work - my only complaint was lack of communication and no place to keep batteries charged (i had them run generator for at least an hour each day). I have not noticed any difference in power or fuel use but the MIL is gone.

Hope this helps!!
Old 10-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Jeff - I looked at the engine serial numbers on the Excel List, and my serial number was not included. Hope that is a good ting. I submitted a ticket in the portal and ask them about my serial number - will see what they say.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks Jeff - I looked at the engine serial numbers on the Excel List, and my serial number was not included. Hope that is a good ting. I submitted a ticket in the portal and ask them about my serial number - will see what they say.
Mark

My engine number was not on the list either. They use the SCR serial number to determine need to replace. Have you registered with Cummins and did your engine have the Campaign? Never hurts to call to confirm as I did.

Hope that helps!!