Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Can't speak to the dome. But I installed my Travler, and as I recall, there were 4 separate color-coded RG6 coax cables with home-runs to the individual TVs - no splitter.
I saw the splitter with my own 2 eyes when the installer hooked up our Traveler. I think he disconnected the dome and connected the Traveler but I can't swear to it.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #30

I added the Travler in addition to the Dome - so maybe the dome is wired like that.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Does this help? It's a schematic for the satellite wiring with a few setups. But is dated 2013.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite wiring prints.pdf (229.8 KB, 54 views)
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

That diagram is current for the 2016s as well. There are three coax cables fed from the roof to the basement but two are reserved for Shaw or Dish requirements. For DirecTV only one coax is used, although all three of them, as well as an off-air coax, do run to the basement. From there the power inserter and 1x4 SWM splitter are installed. The splitter sends outputs to three TVs - outside, bedroom and main TV. The front overhead TV is not fed (at least not in 2016) because you won't put a receiver there anyway, seeing as how it's in the same room as the main TV.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Great to see it laid out on a digram like that. That makes it much clearer. Thanks RW8804. Do you happen to have any other wiring diagrams?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Great to see it laid out on a digram like that. That makes it much clearer. Thanks RW8804. Do you happen to have any other wiring diagrams?
Marc, unfortunately I do not have any other Entegra diagrams, except for the Spartan schematics that I know you already received from Jeanne. In Entegra's online manuals section, there are a few AV schematics that have helped me track down a problem or two. I've only looked for my model and year, so I do not know if such schematics are online for other coaches. Also, I have to admit that I don't recall where I got the satellite schematic. It was probably on this forum, so I thank the person who originally posted them.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote