Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Where did that chart come from, and what tires does it apply to? Is the chart saying that different pressures are recommended at different ambient temperatures?

If you must err, err on the high side with your pressures. A tire 10 lbs high will not fail, but a tire 10 lbs low can be damaged and fail as a result.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Terry, it is printed and going in my maintenance notebook. First time I have seen a chart like this. All these years I have been doing it right by accident....I add + 5 or 10 PSI to allow for DW's shopping. Come to find out I have been correct for FL temps.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #17

So... 65 degrees is considered "cold pressure"?

I've been wondering about this as well.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks Terry, it is printed and going in my maintenance notebook. First time I have seen a chart like this. All these years I have been doing it right by accident....I add + 5 or 10 PSI to allow for DW's shopping. Come to find out I have been correct for FL temps.
I'd like to take credit for it but I got it either on this forum or over on the FMCA forum, can't remember.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #19

What TPMS do you like? We have a 14 Aspire 44B.
Thanks
Randy & Beverly
Athens GA
GO DAWGS
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
This chart is very helpful:
CIP is Cold Inflation Pressure
This is contrary to everything I've read, if I'm reading this correctly. I've never seen any tire manufacturer say cold pressure is 65 degrees.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
This is contrary to everything I've read, if I'm reading this correctly. I've never seen any tire manufacturer say cold pressure is 65 degrees.
Hmmm, well it came from either Goodyear or Michelin if I recall.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:44 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at that chart in detail last night and that is where I have running my tires for 30 years of class A ownership. I check my tires frequently. If the pressure has dropped because of cold weather and the PSI's are equal I do nothing. If they are really low I do add. Thanks to Terry I now have a chart to check that is pretty accurate.

I over inflate in FL for DW shopping, but now find out that is what I should have done anyhow. By accident I have been following this chart and have never had a tire problem in 30 years. I am also one of those that don't own a TPM and change my tires when due, or the ride gets rough, which ever comes first. I still use a digital temp gun on the tires at every rest stop to see if one is starting to run hot.

I also own 3 truck style air gauges and all 3 of them give a different reading. I stopped by a truck tire store and checked my favorite gauge against one of their calibrated ones and made note of the difference. Scratched on on the back with my knife +3 PSI.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Randy,

I did a lot of research and settled on a TST TPMS.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
I also have a TST TPMS. I bought the flow thru 507 model but had to install the non flow thru sensors on the front wheels because the rim is reversed and the stems make them stick out too far waiting for a curb to nail them. I had a lot of problems with the inner duals randomly dropping off line until I removed the 3 inch stem extenders installed by Spartan. Now my system is very reliable. I did not require the signal booster. I bought a booster and will probably install it when I add sensors for the toad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	68372  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
I think the chart is being misinterpreted. 65 deg. Just happens to be the base line that corresponds to the manufactures recommended pressure. From there every degree above or below will cause your pressure to be higher or lower when checked. Actual cold temp of the tire is before the vehicle has been driven one mile. We are in Oregon and my tire pressures are 5 lbs. or so lower than they were in Barstow Ca. but I haven't adjusted the pressure. It's about 65 deg here during the day and my pressures are right on with the chart. During the night the temp goes down in the fifties and my pressure goes down a couple degrees, but once again right on per that chart.
On Aircraft standard day is 59 deg. Everything is adjusted or set higher or lower depending on temp at the time.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I agree w Noel
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I think the chart is being misinterpreted. 65 deg. Just happens to be the base line that corresponds to the manufactures recommended pressure. From there every degree above or below will cause your pressure to be higher or lower when checked. Actual cold temp of the tire is before the vehicle has been driven one mile. We are in Oregon and my tire pressures are 5 lbs. or so lower than they were in Barstow Ca. but I haven't adjusted the pressure. It's about 65 deg here during the day and my pressures are right on with the chart. During the night the temp goes down in the fifties and my pressure goes down a couple degrees, but once again right on per that chart.
On Aircraft standard day is 59 deg. Everything is adjusted or set higher or lower depending on temp at the time.
Absolutely agree. This is pretty simple. CIP is before you roll the tire. Obviously if the ambient temperature outside is 100 and you have not moved your tire since yesterday you do not set your tire pressure to the manufactures recommended CIP. They don't use 100 degrees as the ambient temp. If you do you will be under pressure.

Also you don't check your tire pressure after you've been driving and adjust it. If your CIP was right and you do want to check your pressure after you've been driving all you're looking for is to see that they are all equal.

My TPMS says to set your high limit at 20% over recommended CIP and your lower limit at 10% below recommended CIP.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

My duals, tag and toad would drop off once in a while until I wired my booster antenna. I put it in the basement behind the freezer, got a Y cigarette plug and share the same plug with the freezer. Nothing drops off any more. Note: the booster likes polarity, if the red light doesn't come on it's backward.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure