Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #15

Battery merge breaker was tripped.
Reset and all is good again
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Battery merge breaker was tripped.
Reset and all is good again

Woohoo, gotta love the easy fixes!!!
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #17

Amen!
Thank you for your help
Old 07-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for that tip, another thing to track down with the VT screen is not giving a reading. Makes one wonder why that would trip? In my storage location, I would blame a power surge and write it off.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #19

Quote:
Amen!
Thank you for your help

Any time, I'm glad I could help!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for that tip, another thing to track down with the VT screen is not giving a reading. Makes one wonder why that would trip? In my storage location, I would blame a power surge and write it off.

Yup, everything looks good on the VT, but I was having the same issue and as I was troubleshooting I discovered the tripped breaker. It has only happened once so far, so I haven't put a lot of thought or effort into finding out why but if it happens again, I'll be sure to dig into it.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My question also, why? One answer is that if you hit the battery boost button and the system is already fully charged (like when the engine is running, etc) that will cause a surge and trip the breaker.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:25 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
My question also, why? One answer is that if you hit the battery boost button and the system is already fully charged (like when the engine is running, etc) that will cause a surge and trip the breaker.
Sure anything could cause that if out of the ordinary. If it's a one time deal, it's probably good forever. In my storage hanger we have power surges all the time with lighting strikes in the area. This is one thing I love about the 19 Vega Touch, I can check my coach after a thunder storm without leaving the house. Before I had no choice but drive up to the coach to make sure the charger came back on. I only have one charger on in storage to keep the amp draw down.
Just checked the Nebula App 13.2 & 13.3 after yesterday's thunderstorm. What a great feature
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Just a little off topics, I want to remove my two chassis batteries, to clean them, how can I do this safely, there is two different breaker, a 120 and a 150 that are hooked to the batteries, just turn them off?
mbaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I've attached a snap shot of Vega screen...chargers are on but #1 notes "not charging"??
Low Battery cut out, 10.7?
I'm no expert (learning), and I'm sure it depends on your batteries, but most discussions I've read talk about setting this to 11.0. Do I have this confused with something else?

Just curious, what type of batteries are you using and was this set at the factory.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaril View Post
Just a little off topics, I want to remove my two chassis batteries, to clean them, how can I do this safely, there is two different breaker, a 120 and a 150 that are hooked to the batteries, just turn them off?

Opening those breakers will remove power from the coach (from the chassis batteries). After you clean them, make sure you coat the terminals with a good protectant.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #26

The Vega shows "battery type " as custom 1. Which is flooded. Shouldn't it be set at AGM or other than flooded?
Also, the low batt setting at 10.7 or 10.8 (factory setting) seems a bit low for that setting??

For my 2019 Anthem.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #27

Quote:
The Vega shows "battery type " as custom 1. Which is flooded. Shouldn't it be set at AGM or other than flooded?
Also, the low batt setting at 10.7 or 10.8 (factory setting) seems a bit low for that setting??

For my 2019 Anthem.
Assuming you have the factory-installed Relion (or possibly Discover) house batteries, you’ll want the Battery Type set to AGM2, which will get you pretty close to what Relion and Discover recommend for their batteries. If you want to achieve exactly what they recommend you can use the Custom settings, but most owners don’t need to bother with that.

Regarding the Low Battery Cut Out (LBCO) setting, a couple of things to keep in mind:

1) If you want to use it to avoid an accidental draining of your house battery bank, you’ll want to set it significantly higher than 10.7 or 10.8. But…

2) If you do any significant amount of dry camping, it’s not uncommon to have situations that pull the house battery bank voltage down pretty low for a relatively short period of time. To illustrate by example, when Amy & I are dry camping I charge the house battery bank up shortly before we go to bed. I get up earlier than Amy and one of the first things I do is make myself a mug of coffee. I don’t start the generator to do that, so the power to run my coffee making equipment is coming from the inverter(s), which are drawing 12 volt DC power from the house battery bank and converting it to 110 volt AC power for the outlets in the coach.

I use a hot pot to boil water and a funnel with filter to brew the coffee, but any method of making coffee is going to draw a lot of power from the house batteries for the few minutes it takes. When my hot pot is active, it’s not unusual for the house battery bank to be drawn down to 11.0 volts or even less. Not a big deal – it’s only for three minutes or so, and the voltage will come right back up once the hot pot shuts off. But…

The way Magnum inverters work is that if the battery bank voltage falls below the LBCO setting for one minute, the inverter will shut down and won’t restart until it sees voltage of 12.5 volts or higher. If your house battery bank was already down to say, 12.3 volts, the inverter(s) won’t come back online until you start the generator and get some charge voltage going to the house battery bank.

The point is, if you’re an active dry camper and set the LBCO to say 11.8 or 11.9 volts to avoid inadvertently draining the house batteries, there’s a good chance you’ll end up with the inverter(s) shutting down if you hit the bank with a heavy load first thing in the morning (or any time the bank is partially depleted).

Bottom line, there is no LBCO setting that is right for every owner. Just be aware of how it all works and pick a number that achieves your most important objective(s).
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, chassis