Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #1

Cheap DEF delivered to your door

Walmart sells Sinopac DEF in 2 10 liter bottles for less than $15.00. 20 liters is more than 5 and a quarter gallons. Compare this to the blue DEF I've been buying at $11.50 for 2.5 gallons. Free shipping to your door for orders over $35.00 or pick it up at your local store. The X 15 guzzles the stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180521_151745.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	203710  
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at that, but Walmart's brand is only $7.88 for 2.5 gallons and I don't have to store it. However that is a good find, thanks for sharing. I wish they had that price in the store.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've bought both from Wal-Mart - the blue jug in-store for $7.88 and the online order verson shown by the OP. The online version is just a bit more money and delivered to my door. And it's a better container. I use the containers for oil changes in our cars, etc.

Both are a good deal.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The more I think of it...having it shipped to the house just before leaving on a trip is just one less thing to have to run around and get. Good idea, thanks for posting it.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

I suppose DEF is like trying to find mom & pop fuel stations for cheep fuel if you own an X15 Cummins motor....It drinks like a drunken sailor on liberty....

Since we’re fulltimers this wouldn’t work. It would be extremely difficult to have DEF delivered to our next stop on the road. We stick with the blue jugs from Walmart and have done this since we’ve owned our Anthem. It’s worked well for us. Based on my calculations, our 15gal tank for DEF will conservatively get about 3K miles. So we don’t worry too much about it. As for diesel, well we figure paying a few penny’s more for fuel that doesn’t sit is good. Plus we don’t want to try to squeeze into stations that may cause us to spend a few weeks at the body shop....YMMV.....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
I suppose DEF is like trying to find mom & pop fuel stations for cheep fuel if you own an X15 Cummins motor....It drinks like a drunken sailor on liberty....

Since we’re fulltimers this wouldn’t work. It would be extremely difficult to have DEF delivered to our next stop on the road. We stick with the blue jugs from Walmart and have done this since we’ve owned our Anthem. It’s worked well for us. Based on my calculations, our 15gal tank for DEF will conservatively get about 3K miles. So we don’t worry too much about it. As for diesel, well we figure paying a few penny’s more for fuel that doesn’t sit is good. Plus we don’t want to try to squeeze into stations that may cause us to spend a few weeks at the body shop....YMMV.....
My sentiments exactly Paul. When we need to fill up, my first priority is a facility that's easy to get into and out of.

Given what it costs to say good morning to an RV body shop, much less actually have any work done, I'm not particularly motivated to squeeze into a tight fuel station to save a few cents per gallon.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #7

I'm lucky. Shell station at I25 and CO119 just north of Denver has been $1.99/gal for the last couple of years at their truck pumps. If you are passing top off your DEF tank and bring all of your portable containers.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:34 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
I'm lucky. Shell station at I25 and CO119 just north of Denver has been $1.99/gal for the last couple of years at their truck pumps. If you are passing top off your DEF tank and bring all of your portable containers.
Gary, It is going to be interesting to see how the double sided fill on the 19's is going to work. It is just a cross over tube. I hope it senses when full using a truck pump as you can't see the DEF tank on the other side. I guess the eyeball and guess method will work. It has always worked on how may jugs to buy.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE=brobox;4202070]Gary, It is going to be interesting to see how the double sided fill on the 19's is going to work. It is just a cross over tube. I hope it senses when full using a truck pump as you can's see it on the other side.[/

Are you referring to DEF fill or fuel fill? Since you can easily see the DEF tank the safest procedure would be to see how much you need and manually stop the pump. Double sided fill has been available for a few years so there should be a lot of people with experience. I have used the driver side fill but only with jugs, as it is easier than bending over at the tank. Too much trouble using truck stop pumps to move coach and fill only a few gallons.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:16 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry,
Having the new systems on the 19 is going to be a learning curve. I found on the Classic fillings jugs from truck stops to save a couple of pennies wasn't worth it once Walmart came out with their own brand at $7.88 for 2.5 gallons.
I store with my DEF tank almost empty, using Dan's method of having fresh DEF delivered to the door before a trip makes sense and still leaves a couple of jugs for the road. I can't see pulling forward at a truck pump unless I needed all 15 gallons, but I won't do it for 5.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jerry,
Having the new systems on the 19 is going to be a learning curve. I found on the Classic fillings jugs from truck stops to save a couple of pennies wasn't worth it once Walmart came out with their own brand at $7.88 for 2.5 gallons.
I store with my DEF tank almost empty, using Dan's method of having fresh DEF delivered to the door before a trip makes sense and still leaves a couple of jugs for the road. I can't see pulling forward at a truck pump unless I needed all 15 gallons, but I won't do it for 5.
Chuck, when your 2019 arrives you better take four extra jugs. The isx likes def.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck, when your 2019 arrives you better take four extra jugs. The isx likes def.
That's another thing that makes a lot of sense with the OP, the amount of DEF the ISX likes to drink. Might was well start full, delivered to the back of my pickup and a few extra for the road. The 450 sipped DEF, another thing that is going to take some getting use to, extra DEF.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:10 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Due to the fact that the 15 litre ISX does seem to suck DEF at a prodigious rate, I have started just filling the tank when I stop for fuel. And the driver's side fill is no problem Chuck, the nozzle is designed to sense back pressure and shuts off just fine! Biggest pain is getting the DW to pull the coach forward while I'm standing outside the coach with nozzle in hand....due to the pump turning off on a time out on most pumps if you dont pull the def nozzle out right after replacing the diesel nozzle back in the holder after topping the fuel off.
Still better than messing about carrying a bunch of DEF jugs in the basement, especially at the rate the ISX sucks the stuff down!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #14

I carried a couple of full DEF bottles in a rear basement compartment in our first coach. One really hot day in west Texas I found crystallized white DEF all over that compartment. I don't carry spare DEF anymore.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door