Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #1

Chuck, about extra filters and excellent Entegra service going the extra 2 miles

Chuck you mentioned u carried extra filters I now see why. I am in the middle of nebraska and developed a pin hole size crack in the fleetguard fuel filter Man it dont take much diesel every where. Our gal Sabrina at entegra had to Light a fire under our road service and the maker of our chasis and boy did she get things handled excellent service by entegra once again. I will have one here in about 2 hours which will be 1 AM in the morning i pulled the bad one off a very very small hole betcha il be carrying spares now on, thought id write this while im waiting thanks again to entegra SUPER GIRL SABRINA. The bottom line is a certain road service provider did not want to pay for a after hours tech my personal opinion. I will get the truth when i get to middlebury since i am on my way there when all this happened.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #2

Thanks for the post! It is customer service like this that has tipped the scales for me and led me to the conclusion that Entegra is the right choice for me when I am ready to pull the trigger on a coach. And hopefully it is getting closer. My baby boy should be graduating college in the spring, hallelujah!!!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #3

Ya know bigtone i feel the same, thats what steered me to my anthem and yes next my cornerstone, This is a real trip that a guy is driving 50 miles to get the filter 50 miles back and all because Sabrina burned up her saturday night to help us get out of a situation in which we would not be able to sleep tonite under the circumstances. Hell I know for a fact if we were in FL. nate the service tech at orlando rv would go to the shop and grab one 4 us great outfit Robin saved me some dough too.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:10 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I too have had excellent cs from Sabrina, glad you are on the road again Johnny
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
OH NO! what a terrible post to read the first thing in the morning. Murphy's Law, if a fuel filter will fail, it will be in the worst possible location, in the middle of nowhere!....at least for me it always is. I sure HATE to hear it happened to you Johnny

Since it is a defective Fleetgard filter, return it to Cummis for a replacement. If it is the FS 1065 that's a $65.00 Cummins price filter, $35.00 online. For those that are going to carry spare filters, pick up a set of strap wrenches so you can change the filter along side the road. 2 Pc Rubber Strap Wrench Set

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the CS at Entegra. Had my coach been any other manufacture.......... I'll leave it there. Entegra has built a bonfire under Spartan to get our problems taken care of and has treated me like royalty the entire time. I cannot say enough good about Entegra.

The secondary fuel filter the FF 63009 is a Cummins only part number and might be a little hard to find in the middle of nowhere. That is the important one to have onboard as a replacement can't be bought at NAPA.

I hope others reading this will order spare filters today! I have picked up bad fuel at major truck stops, probably the bottom of their tank. Even if you can't change them yourselves, you will at least have them for someone else to change for you.

Johnny, I hope by the time you are reading this you are back on the road. Travel safe. And thanks for the heads up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #6

That's a first for me. I have never heard of a fuel filter springing a leak. Was it the filter that came with the engine from Cummins, or an aftermarket replacement?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #7

FF 63009 like chuck said 100 mile round trip to get a guy to open at midnight to get it, back on road at 2 am. A hole,,,,, in bottom not even on a seam phhheeeewww I dont know how sabrina did it but they got it done All because of her, no exageration and chuck yes we are on the road reading this You could also could be the great CARNACK mind reader ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, btw, chuck sheri hates my blue LED porch and security lights threatening mutiny after 36 years,,,,,,TTYL
Old 09-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, not a mind reader...just been there too many times myself. It will ALWAYS be the hardest filter to get that craps out, not the one that can be bought at the next NAPA store. You have just become an alumni of the school of hard knocks see you at the reunion.

I also didn't like the blue look LED porch light and changed back to the bulb. I may try the porch in an amber LED for bugs.. The 27 diode 1156 LED security lights look good, but I can't say they are any brighter than the bulbs.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
...just been there too many times myself. It will ALWAYS be the hardest filter to get that craps out, not the one that can be bought at the next NAPA store.
Just went filter shopping. My bus has an Parker/Racor S3238 fuel / water separator. Can't find this anywhere. I can find the S3238p (which is a 30 micron filter) but not the S3238 (which is a 10 micron filter). rvchassisparts & filter barn no go. Does Spartan sell these things?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0317.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	74566  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Racor's are normally marine filters.....does that one have the screw off plastic water collection base? where just the filter part is changed? This is just an example and probably not the best price. Racor S3238 ELEMENT ASSEMBLY Boatstore.com

My boat took the same type of filter.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Hawgguy, I found these listed on Google this morning. https://www.google.com/search?q=raco...x-a&channel=sb

I am also not finding any listing outside of Fleetgaurd for the secondary filter for the 450 the FF63009. So far Ryder has the Best price of of $38.00 with shipping. Fuel Filter, FF63009, Fleetguard Cummins
I don't know why Cummins/Spartan has chosen such hard filters to find for the newer engines. The main filter the FS1065 can be bought at any NAPA and WIX dealer, but not the secondary, it's Fleetguard only as Johnny found out at 1 AM.

And your filters look to be marine filter, good luck finding those in Iowa at 1 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:09 AM   #12

As always - you da' man. Thanks! You saved me a call to Spartan.

I never would have thought to check the marine diesel.
I'll definitely order some spares.

How hard do you reckon the belts are to find in the middle of nowhere?
I have to get some part numbers on those. (I have 3).
Old 09-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #13

I have extra fuel filters. I need to get extra belts. Cummins had the correct part number for my engine but its not the right belt for the rig as Spartan uses a different (shorter) belt because of where things are located. I'll give Spartan a call.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
As always - you da' man. Thnaks! You saved me a call to Spartan.

I never would have thought to check the marine diesel.
I'll definitely order some spares.

How hard do you reckon the belts are to find in the middle of nowhere?
I have to get some part numbers on those. (I have 3).
As soon as you said Racor....those were my boat filters, I knew where to look.

I checked my belt numbers at NAPA and they are readily available. Both are common Gates belts. Those I won't start carrying spares until 30+ thousand miles. Two reasons, with the heat here in FL, they dry rot if they sit to long unused and in an emergency they can be purchased at NAPA. I watch my belts and at the first sign of age, I change them and keep the old belts as spares. Do check your belt #'s at NAPA and go from there. One thing nice about NAPA, every small farm town has a NAPA and they stock a lot of diesel parts for farm equipment. If NAPA doesn't list a belt....carry a spare.

Tags
excel, service