Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

clean out slide awnings?

anyone have any tips or tricks as how to periodically cleanout the pine needles, fir needles, and misc debris that collect in a 2012 Anthem slide awning cases/tubes? seems like the only way to keep them out of the section that the fabric rolls into is to blow or sweep off the slide awning every time we bring the slides in????? but that won't get everything if wind or rain washes debris into the awning tubes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same problem. I contacted the manufacturer, Carefree, and they gave me some directions to remove end covers screws and raise the metal covers to access the debris. I haven't cleaned them out yet, but it seems pretty straight forward.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
I have the same problem. I contacted the manufacturer, Carefree, and they gave me some directions to remove end covers screws and raise the metal covers to access the debris. I haven't cleaned them out yet, but it seems pretty straight forward.
by chance do you have a phone number, contact person or department?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to their tech site that will give you all the details you need.
Carefree of Colorado Product Technical Documentation
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #5

Very easy to do!
Remove the middle screw on both ends of the slide topper and there is a release in the middle of the larger toppers. Then flip the shield up to allow the debris to fall out. Have had to do it a few times.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #6

Does the topper have to open or closed to do this clean out? What about a ladder, do you have a self supportive ladder or just lean a straight ladder against the coach?

I have been displaying our tree needles from Fort Wilderness all across the great country of ours...LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
Very easy to do!
Remove the middle screw on both ends of the slide topper and there is a release in the middle of the larger toppers. Then flip the shield up to allow the debris to fall out. Have had to do it a few times.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert L View Post
Does the topper have to open or closed to do this clean out? What about a ladder, do you have a self supportive ladder or just lean a straight ladder against the coach?

I have been displaying our tree needles from Fort Wilderness all across the great country of ours...LOL...
I used a lean ladder to do mine. Open would probably be easier so youcan flip the cover onto the top.

Tags
slide