Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I’ve had good luck with a straight razor tool on the windshield (the type used take stickers off of windows). This is followed by my favorite cleaning solution (water & white vinegar mixed in spray bottle).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #30

maybe I missed it but do you use these steel wool pads just dry directly on the window?
or with a liquid of some type?
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
maybe I missed it but do you use these steel wool pads just dry directly on the window?
or with a liquid of some type?
SOS pads with water. Takes off everything and easy to use.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
One note: If you are going to use steel wool on your windows, like I do on my shower doors, use only 0000 steel wool. Anything else will leave scratches. 0000 steel wool used with water cleans amazingly well, and removes all the hard water, calcium/magnesium spots.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
One note: If you are going to use steel wool on your windows, like I do on my shower doors, use only 0000 steel wool. Anything else will leave scratches. 0000 steel wool used with water cleans amazingly well, and removes all the hard water, calcium/magnesium spots.
In addition, I apply Rain-X after washing. Helps with mist and rain.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #34

It did scratch my chrome mirror.
lowpasslew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Damp drier sheets

Huh? Damp drier sheets? What do they do?
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:51 AM   #36

What's the thread topic....?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Is Rejex better than RainX?

Not in my neighborhood.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #38

Cliff

I'm bettin on you fella.... just ordered a small bottle. Was going to order a gallon until I saw the price If it works, it will be well worth it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #39

Have tried many of these over the years! And one thing for sure, it's good to remember that a product you may have tried 10 years ago, could have changed and become a different product today. (I've seen this go both ways. Where the product was worse, just living off of the name, usually after a takeover by another company. And where the product is improved too.)

Today we use:

-Sprayway Glass Cleaner
-As needed, a Magic Eraser or 4/0 Steelwool
-Eagle One or Mequiar's Xpress (Whichever is on sale, and or available.)

Sprayway - Was found when we had a chip in our windshield repaired in Durango. When they were done, the gent doing the work sprayed Sprayway Class Cleaner and within a minute, had cleaned the full windshield (CRV), with no streaks. This was in the direct sun with 87 degree temps. That AM, before the 'chip incident' I'd cleaned windshield with Stoner's Invisible Glass in the early AM sun. It was direct sun, but probably mid 60's when I did this. And, mild streaking remained with teh Invisible Glass. A product that I still like, and will use if out of Sprayway.

Eagle One's Nanowax is a product I used because I'd been involved in our Corporations Business System's as a support member of New Product Development R&D Team (To ensure we had Business Systems in place that could handle new technology as it moved from research into production.) Nano, Carbon Nano's, did require some out of the box systems modifications. And I've stayed up on Nano development in many areas as it has continued to evolve. So, when the marketing gang at Eagle One slapped the word 'Nano' on their new product - I had to try it! It works well, easy on/off, and in a four product comparison on different corners of our RV, it lasted almost as long as conventional wax on/dry/wax off. But with the much simpler degree of application.

On the windshield, these Nano and the Mequiar's Synthetic, work well to both shed water and ease the cleaning. Eagle One Nanowax is easier to apply, and sheds water a bit better. But both seem to beat the Rain X product I had try (But admit, I have no tried their latest and greatest.)

Zaino. Non mentioned above, is another Synthetic product from Zaino called ZCS. I like this product too, as it has UV protection. It's more pricey. But I still use Zaino after my deep cleanings. Once a year, I wash the coach with Dawn (Good old Blue Original Dawn), as the alkaline helps cut the grease and remove any wax residual build up. I then use Zaino's ZCS, very easy spray on, wipe off - because it does have some UV protection. Which with micro cracking in darker paints, does seem to help slow the process. During the year, I use the Eagle One Nanowax or Mequiar's Xpress, and usually mid year sometime, go over that with another application of ZCS.

On extremely dirty, usually below the belt line behind the drive wheels area, I do use Griots Spray & Wash to knock of the dirt. Then do the above.

I know I branched into paint vs window's - but just info sharing.

I suspect most of us have our favorite products, and that they may change from time to time.

Have never tried Rejex, but perhaps if Gary buys a gallon he'll offer to ship some to all of us to try!

Best to all, and may the bugs be easy to remove for you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote