Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Close to making a decision

We are close to making a decision on our first DP. Looking at an Aspire 44B. It's not our first motorhome and we've been researching. I'm looking for your "if i'd only known, thought of, been told, asked" moment.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Bes to f luck in your decision. Check the Entegra Forum or type Aspire in the google window on the tool bar above, leave it set to IRV2. I'm sure you will have a number of threads regarding that rig. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the forum ..... hopefully someone will be able to help you out with some useful info.....When we bought our rig, we researched it for about a year after we determined what was important for us.....We added a few things like an after market induction cook top , fantastic fans and an oxygenics shower head......Those are just little things but it all adds up to a better experience for me because DW is happy.....
Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitanny View Post
We are close to making a decision on our first DP. Looking at an Aspire 44B. It's not our first motorhome and we've been researching. I'm looking for your "if i'd only known, thought of, been told, asked" moment.

Here is two different issues two of my traveling friends faced just this week. One owns a 2013 Thor Outlaw, the other a 2011 Aspire RBQ. The Thor owner notice a shaking in steering wheel and took it to a dealer to have it checked. The front tires were worn down to the cord on the inside of both front tires. The coach has 6K miles. It is one month out of warranty, and Thor said it was his expense, end of story. $1300.
The ones who owns the Aspire had a leak around the inside track of the drivers side window. He was 8 months out of warranty, He called Entegra and talked to Joyce, she said they would take care of it at no charge.

I cannot emphasize enough how critical it is to have a company to stand behind their product with a good warranty. Believe me you will need it and will use it. Every coach manufacture has issues with their coaches, just read the different forums on here from the different model coaches. If you are not a do it your seller, I would highly recommend a good extended warranty backed my an insurance company. They are not cheap, but well worth it, and you will use it. Good Sam has a good one and they will explain why one backed my insurance is far better.

My first MH was a class C, my 2nd was a Eagle by American Coach. My 3rd was a Entegra Anthem, and my 4th is on order a Entegra 2015 Cornerstone..........

That Aspire is an excellent choice for the money!!! Good luck & happy trails my friend........

Ike & Dianne
2014 Anthem RBQ
Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You're wasting time hanging around on the forum. Go buy if it is what you want. Everyday you wait is a day later that you will get to use it. Time is not our friend.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We love our Aspire 44U. That being said, I agree with Gordon. If you like it, go for it and start making memories.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:23 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Are you purchasing new or used?

If new -- you should have no concerns.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We bought a 2013 Aspire DEQ at the Hershey show in 2012. We took delivery in March of 2013. About 16,000+ mile so far and really no issues that were not of my own making. Will be moving to to a Anthem I am sure in the near future if all goes well. The DEQ and B are very similar coaches except for the bath layout. The service from Entegra CS has been the best. Having owned a business in the past I recognize outstanding service when I get it. RV One was great to work with and I would talk to Robin at Orlando RV for sure (407-314-6228). He is very up front and will work with you. The Strollo's run a great organization and they will make you happy. Best of luck - I think the Aspire is the best choice for a upper entry level DP - you get a quality unit and good service after the sale. We have made new friends as a result of attending ralleys - next one is next month in Virginia. Hope to meet you on the road. John
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #9

We bought an 14 Aspire 44B in May. This is our 8th motorhome and by far the best one we ever owned. Very few problems, and all small. Absolutely love it. Go for it, you will not be disappointed!!!
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought a 2014 aspire RBQ in July ,this is our 5th motorhome absolutely love it.....started to buy one 2 years ago and just wouldn't pull the trigger! Now trying to make up lost time.Happy Happy Happy.
We bought from Pharr RV in Lubbock Texas and they made a better deal than anyone we shopped!
Really a great place and great people...just saying .
How you have many great time in your new entegra!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
The only thing I would add is to consider upgrading to an Anthem if you can afford it. Many people on this forum have upgraded from Aspires to Anthems, or from Anthems to Cornerstones. The cost of that upgrade is far more than the cost of buying the "upgrade" coach first. The saying "Buy your last coach first" can save you a ton of money. Each time you trade a motorhome, you lose a LOT of money!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The only thing I would add is to consider upgrading to an Anthem if you can afford it. Many people on this forum have upgraded from Aspires to Anthems, or from Anthems to Cornerstones. The cost of that upgrade is far more than the cost of buying the "upgrade" coach first. The saying "Buy your last coach first" can save you a ton of money. Each time you trade a motorhome, you lose a LOT of money!
I 1000% agree. But easier said than done.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:47 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Exactly what we did. Our first RV is a Cornerstone. I tell people that I watch others buy and trade and lose money on every deal. I just decided to lose it all at once.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:

Agree with MrUSA, but.....know your budget and understand the value of each coach model - Aspire + differences = Anthem + even more differences = Cornerstone. Then decide if the differences warrant the increased price.

Sometimes those differences can buy a lot of diesel and/or purchase a lot in a Class AAA resort. The "buy the last coach first philosophy" has to include the travel and maintenance costs over the lifetime of that purchase. Each model's maintenance costs will increase, e.g. Tires for the Cornerstone are more than double a set of tires for an Aspire...insurance is more too.

All things considered....BEFORE you buy is definitely a winning strategy.

Wmpbauer

Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote