Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
My 2017 Anthem has made this clunking sound since we took delivery in November 2016. We took our coach 4 hours from home to a shop in Tulsa for the ball joint recall. While at Tulsa they worked on the "clunking" sound coming form the torque box. After several weeks the shop called and said the repairs were made and we could pick up the coach. We picked it up late on a Friday evening since the shop was open 24 hours a day. Unfortunate the coach made the clunking noise as soon as we pulled out of their drive way. Now it started making the noise every time you turn, cross a bridge or hit the smallest bump in the road. Spartan suggested a shop closer to home here in Arkansas this time for the "clunking" repair. The coach has been there for the last 5 weeks. Needless to say my wife is less then happy since she is a teacher and has to start back to school in less than two weeks. Basically we have not been able to use the coach this summer.

The shop that has the coach has been super!! I have no complaints with their efforts. They have attempted every repair Spartan has suggested. My understanding from the shop is that Spartan has now issued a "Campaign" for this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from the shop this week which makes me believe the latest repair attempt Spartan suggested was unsuccessful. I have to say we are very discouraged and hate that our coach is spending the summer in the shop!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
Number 29 is the torque box. Number 15 are the u-bolts that attach the axle to the suspension system.

I have found the U-Bolts that hold the axle to the frame.. But I can not find the TORQUE BOX on the coach.. and is there something to tighten on the TORQUE BOX, or do you just TORQUE the U_Bolt bolts ?
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeffp View Post
My 2017 Anthem has made this clunking sound since we took delivery in November 2016. We took our coach 4 hours from home to a shop in Tulsa for the ball joint recall. While at Tulsa they worked on the "clunking" sound coming form the torque box. After several weeks the shop called and said the repairs were made and we could pick up the coach. We picked it up late on a Friday evening since the shop was open 24 hours a day. Unfortunate the coach made the clunking noise as soon as we pulled out of their drive way. Now it started making the noise every time you turn, cross a bridge or hit the smallest bump in the road. Spartan suggested a shop closer to home here in Arkansas this time for the "clunking" repair. The coach has been there for the last 5 weeks. Needless to say my wife is less then happy since she is a teacher and has to start back to school in less than two weeks. Basically we have not been able to use the coach this summer.

The shop that has the coach has been super!! I have no complaints with their efforts. They have attempted every repair Spartan has suggested. My understanding from the shop is that Spartan has now issued a "Campaign" for this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from the shop this week which makes me believe the latest repair attempt Spartan suggested was unsuccessful. I have to say we are very discouraged and hate that our coach is spending the summer in the shop!!!
Boy do I FEEL YOUR PAIN with situations like this.

Honestly I am quite surprised how much time we have lost on our coach since we have owned it.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by umsman View Post
I have found the U-Bolts that hold the axle to the frame.. But I can not find the TORQUE BOX on the coach.. and is there something to tighten on the TORQUE BOX, or do you just TORQUE the U_Bolt bolts ?
From what I understand from the guys working on mine the bolts that hold the torque box are some sort of tri-lock system that has to be torqued to 180 lbs. Problem is the nut is torquing to 180 lbs before it tightens to the frame. The bolts will still spin and are loose.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeffp View Post
From what I understand from the guys working on mine the bolts that hold the torque box are some sort of tri-lock system that has to be torqued to 180 lbs. Problem is the nut is torquing to 180 lbs before it tightens to the frame. The bolts will still spin and are loose.
I have been under my coach 5 times with a light,, Can not find TORQUE BOX..
I can see the U-Bolts, and the nuts that tighten that,, Where is the TORQUE BOX ??
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsman View Post
I have been under my coach 5 times with a light,, Can not find TORQUE BOX..
I can see the U-Bolts, and the nuts that tighten that,, Where is the TORQUE BOX ??
The rectangular box at the top of the photo is the torque box. It will be between the frame rails. One end connects to the top of the axle and the other end is attached to the frame crossmember. The torque box is the upper parallel component to the lower arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	170865  
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote