Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #43

American Coach Owners Club
I have Hartford through AARP has been the same for several yrs. I am happy with the rate.
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #44

Limo bidness last year lost a carrier who departed the transportation industry including trucking. No losses over previous 3 years. Resulted in 35% increase in premiums with new company. This year there's only a 10% increase with no claims in 4 years. The crap shoot continues.
Clemson State of Mind
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #45

National RV Owners Club
My insurance premium went up as well, agent claims it’s because of the lost they took in last years hail. Even though my vehicles were not damaged in those storms. We 💰 pay...
Blazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ4769 View Post
Have a 2017 Anthem we purchased in May 0f 2018. Got coverage at Safeco for $2,600 (15% less than FMCA affiliate wanted). all was fine til last week,,, new bill is for $3,300 (+ 26.9% INCREASE) - - - NO CLAIMS, NO TICKETS, NO PROBLEMS.

Now looking for new carrier!
Same with me. 2016 Anthem no claims tickets etc safeco policy jumped $650.00. I also have 3 vehicles and two semi trucks with them none of those went up significantly just the Anthem.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Well, wonder what the heck is going on again? I just got my insurance notice for 19-20 and the increase in premium is in the order of just a hair less than 50% increase Here are the standard disclaimers.... no tickets and no at fault problems. While in South Dakota last summer, I did run into a big hail storm while we were parked in Custer State Park. At least with cars, I thought that the only issue which raised annual premium was an "at fault" increase, not an "Act of God"....

If this is just a standard year 1 to year 2 increase, THIS IS NUTS!

So, I will be doing a complete canvas of anyone who insures motorcoaches and see if I can stay close to the figure that I am paying this year which itself was $700 - $1000 more than I ever paid for my 15 Anthem.

What the heck............? Other recent insurers have any experience?

Gary
I recommend calling your agent and asking them what you can do to lower your premium. I have Progressive and one call saved me over $300. A big point I made was that the value of my RV had dropped dramatically in the three years I have had it. Which is true.
rbylsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green D View Post
I have Hartford through AARP has been the same for several yrs. I am happy with the rate.
Just canceled them after 6 years of increasing rates with no violations or accidents or claims
Found much better rates with local insur. agent
Different strokes for different folks

Have safe travels
Bytesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #49

Insurance

We used this outfit twice and they shop for the best rates:

https://rvins.com/
sleeper41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #50

Overland Insurance

I used this outfit twice and was happy. They shop for the best rate:

https://rvins.com/
sleeper41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Allstate

Just contracted with Allstate for $771 a year..
2001 Newmar Dutch Star gaser in SC...
Collision at $5,000 deductible...
$500 ded on Comp...
Full windshield...
Uninsured Motorist is 25k/50k/25k...
Liability is 25k/50k/25k
No Tow or car rental...

Will be sitting for 3 years at daughter's property so not worried about levels on Liability & Collision....

Had Safeco before & got a 25% increase.. :(
Bob & Kathy

KE5FTF...Bob & Kathy
Bmaintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Well, wonder what the heck is going on again? I just got my insurance notice for 19-20 and the increase in premium is in the order of just a hair less than 50% increase Here are the standard disclaimers.... no tickets and no at fault problems. While in South Dakota last summer, I did run into a big hail storm while we were parked in Custer State Park. At least with cars, I thought that the only issue which raised annual premium was an "at fault" increase, not an "Act of God"....

If this is just a standard year 1 to year 2 increase, THIS IS NUTS!

So, I will be doing a complete canvas of anyone who insures motorcoaches and see if I can stay close to the figure that I am paying this year which itself was $700 - $1000 more than I ever paid for my 15 Anthem.

What the heck............? Other recent insurers have any experience?

Gary

Insurance companies are difficult to predict. I had State Farm from age 17 to 67, when suddenly Liberty quoted prices too cheap to pass up. In 3 years they had nudged the rates up to where State Farm had been, including a 40% increase for my car which sits in a garage 7 months out of the year. Wound up back with State Farm, and their rate for my Class A 40' RV was almost half of what Coachnet had climbed up to. Forget loyalty - you have to stay flexible and change companies to keep your rates reasonable. Liberty, by the way, has a really crazy policy of NOT increasing your rates if you have an accident, but they DO increase your rates if you don't. Makes you want to drive into a tree LOL.
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #53

As already pointed out there are so many factors as to why insurance is increasing almost every year. Our renewal for the coach back in Feb saw a pretty decent jump with zero claims in the 9 years the carrier has been insuring our RVs (2 different RVs over the past 9 years).

I think one of the biggest issues is the uninsured/underinsured. Here in Texas the minimum liability coverage is 30/60/25. If somebody hits you with just the bare bones minimum and causes any signigiufiant amount of damage your uninsured/underinsured coverage is gonna have to kick in. If anybody ever hits our coach I will be surprised there insurance will cover the full repair bill. I fully expect our uninsured/underinsured coverage be forced to pony part of the repair.

The rising cost of repairs is not helping either. Last September an id10t ran in to my wife in her daily driver. The repair cost was almost the market value for the car. The damage was fairly minimal with repairs only taking a few days to fix. Parts ending up only being about 35% of the repair cost. The car was almost totaled due to the labor cost on the repair. Also the driver at fault was uninsured so guess who's insurance had to pick up the bill .....
Old 04-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #54

I have been with USAA for 45 years. When we went back to a Motor Home I was informed that the no longer insured them. Put it off to Progressive. First year not bad but then they started with nickle and dime stuff . No claims but rate went up, then it went up again if you made monthly payments so we are now with GICO for the MH. Dropped about 20%, no extra for auto pay monthly.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
SAFECO jumped 40% across the board, house cars & RV plus the 1 million $$ umbrella... I am shopping hard !!! Hartford was not competitive at all...
SKI COACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #56

Safeco must want out of the auto insurance biz. Like others, we’ve had our cars/fifth wheel and house insured with them for years. I have accepted the annual reasonable jumps as I expect costs to go up. However the past two years, the rates jumped double digit percentages.
Enough was enough. Safeco (local agent) didn’t even try to keep our business.
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance