Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #85

I seem to be bucking the trend here. I just paid my insurance bill at Nationwide and it was just over $100 LESS than last year's bill.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:24 AM   #86

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I seem to be bucking the trend here. I just paid my insurance bill at Nationwide and it was just over $100 LESS than last year's bill.
That is amazing with the number serious fires in your area. We get a hurricane and the insurance companies can't wait to bail out of FL or hand out serious increases.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #87

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
First, Gary really sorry you have hit health issues. Form experience, not fun at all. Take care of yourself and get well.

State Insurance Boards play a heavy role on permissible rates. Texas is not the most favorable, but not the worst. I was wondering if “garaged” in another state which states’ regulations would apply.

We have Progressive through USAA. Progressive has a feature to switch off traffic related insurance e.g. liability and other components when the coach is off the road. Not sure how many time per year it can be done, but when we hunker down for the winter we save about 800 putting the insurance on seasonal layup.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Though I am not impressed with Progressive’s rates when we looked into switching before we found we would loose the replacement value insurance by saving on premiums with another company. Seems like the best time for us to rate shop is when we buy our next coach.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:34 AM   #89

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeachbums View Post
I had National General through Good Sam. Rate went up to almost 1300. Switched to FMCA, Safeco, and premium went down to 750. With better coverage.

It does seem like you have to re-shop every two years or so. They all will raise their rates after they have you as a customer.

Safeco will do the same to you.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:51 AM   #90

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Safeco will do the same to you.
I am in the same situation that Tom is. Safeco is one that would not insure a Cornerstone at its full replacement cost. They had a cap and would not replace my coach in case fo a total loss. Like Tom Progressive is the only company last year that would quote on my needs. That is one reason I am anxious to hear what Gary finds on his shopping.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many years ago I swore I'd never give Safeco another nickel of my money. When I was in college, I had a minor accident. I was insured on my parents plan with Safeco. They refused to renew us after that. So, never again. Screw them.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #92

Well, I've gotten quotes from Allstate, Progressive, Safco, National General (Overland agency, in Scottsdale, AZ) Nationwide and one or two not worth mentioning.

I asked for quote on 2017 Entegra Anthem 44A.

The rates run the gamut from $1,830/Yr with 2,500 deductible to $3,9xx with all kinds of caveats and everything in between.

National General not only has the best prices of those I checked, they also seem to be RV-needs friendly.

Only Question now is, How are they with customer service and claims.

I went to the following link and got an independent review of the company.

https://www.expertinsurancereviews.c...nsurance-gmac/

IMPRESSIVE ! Guess where I'm Buying!
JWJ4769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:59 AM   #93

National general

Well, darn, National General Insurance doesn't offer insurance here in Central Oklahoma.
christyhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJ4769 View Post
Well, I've gotten quotes from Allstate, Progressive, Safco, National General (Overland agency, in Scottsdale, AZ) Nationwide and one or two not worth mentioning.

I asked for quote on 2017 Entegra Anthem 44A.

The rates run the gamut from $1,830/Yr with 2,500 deductible to $3,9xx with all kinds of caveats and everything in between.

National General not only has the best prices of those I checked, they also seem to be RV-needs friendly.

Only Question now is, How are they with customer service and claims.

I went to the following link and got an independent review of the company.

https://www.expertinsurancereviews.c...nsurance-gmac/

IMPRESSIVE ! Guess where I'm Buying!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Once the quote went to the underwriter, the price almost doubled. (I turned 75 in February)
JWJ4769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are with National General through Good Sam. My husband crunched a pedestal that blended in with the glaringly White coach he was trying to miss. The pedestal did not perform with it's break off bolts, so it gouged one of the basement doors. We filed a claim and in the end they paid the park owner cost, but put points on my DH for three years. Meanwhile, we had a deer smack and they had no problems covering cost of repair minus our deductible. Only had about a 50$ increase that year and most of that was due to living in Texas.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #96

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyhicks View Post
Well, darn, National General Insurance doesn't offer insurance here in Central Oklahoma.
And caps replacement cost in FL at $300,000. which would leave me with $200,000 self insured for replacement.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyhicks View Post
National General does write in Oklahoma.
bxstr2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance