Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2019, 04:53 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Coach ownership is NOT cheap

Finished at Entegra last week ...AIR, maintenance items and nothing really big wrong, still $2,700 ... finished today at Spartan ... inspection, maintenance, and nothing big wrong ... still $3,000. Off today to get all new tires ... +/- $7,000 And then, when at the mothership, visited Wood Design RV and just had to have the steering wheel cover ... $160 ... and they are making the medicine cabinet for the back bath that I want ... $1,700. So, needless to say, Santa has come early and will not be stopping at our home on Christmas Eve.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 05:08 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I'm not worried ...

Doesn't bother me.....I just found out that I got a one dollar a month raise from social security.

Let the good times roll .....

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Lynn & Dan, as long as you're happy, that's what matters! May you enjoy the fruit of your savings for a long time to come!

Kenny, great positive thinking, I like that one.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Doesn't bother me.....I just found out that I got a one dollar a month raise from social security.

Let the good times roll .....

Wow ... I forgot about that, that's a dollar for Dan and a dollar for me! Guess I shouldn't loose any sleep over this at all! And Dan shouldn't threaten to divorce me - it would cost him a dollar :-)
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #5

Lynn

Well, these things ARE NOT cheap..... nothing about them is cheap. However, some things are cheaper than others things. For example, I would bet that the lube and oil change at Speedco is a whole lot cheaper than whatever you are charged at Charlotte..... -- There might be a few more things that I can think of that can be had elsewhere.... plus the diesel.

So when you live the "High Life" and run with the big dogs, you are gonna pay for the good life....

And, I hadnt even heard that Dee and I are going to get a dollar raise in social security.... Wow... 2 extra bucks.... Now, let me start thinking of improvements and service. Hmmmmmmm...

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
It literally just hit the local news here, so everyone can really splurge... it breaks down to about $24 a month: https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...pand-benefits/

Things are already looking up for you Lynn
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
It literally just hit the local news here, so everyone can really splurge... it breaks down to about $24 a month: https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...pand-benefits/

Things are already looking up for you Lynn

I think my "dollar a month" increase was for the past year, as they gave me a retroactive check for the last nine month of $9 and show my next months' pay at a $1 increase.
Hopefully, in January, I'll see something close to $24. Then I can REALLY party and accessorize the coach

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #8

Lynn,

I can sympathize... we got out of Spartan with all of our clothes still on our backs... @ ~ 1,100.00, but didn't get every item taken care of either. Our visit to NIRVC at the end of October will probably leave us with just socks and under garments though , 1 A/C Unit, We-Boost install, Genny service, A/H Service, slide adjustment and 2 lights fixed then off to Florida where we can enjoy the "good life" until next May, although we both continue to work so it lessens the impact of cost a bit.

As the saying goes though... "Coach ownership may be pricey, but the cost of some of the experiences while owning the Coach are...…. Priceless"!!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #9

As the bumper sticker that was on Captain Rices Prevost says

"If any is left I miscalculated"
Old 10-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Finished at Entegra last week ...AIR, maintenance items and nothing really big wrong, still $2,700 ... finished today at Spartan ... inspection, maintenance, and nothing big wrong ... still $3,000. Off today to get all new tires ... +/- $7,000 And then, when at the mothership, visited Wood Design RV and just had to have the steering wheel cover ... $160 ... and they are making the medicine cabinet for the back bath that I want ... $1,700. So, needless to say, Santa has come early and will not be stopping at our home on Christmas Eve.

Shoulda just stayed in Foley [emoji2]
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #11

I fuss about things like taking care of boats or cars or homes or motor homes, and when our time at happy hour around the pool lends itself to talking about cost of things, we both agree that if i didn't like to do most of what we do for R&M, then we wouldn't have the toys that we do.

One of our sons is like me; the other one has his checkbook handy, but not as many toys.

That said, we aren't rich in money, just in enjoyment.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
So, needless to say, Santa has come early and will not be stopping at our home on Christmas Eve.
Santa is bringing the granddaughter a cedar playground set. Of course the son and I will have the pleasure of putting it together.

Saved enough in two months on social security by living frugally in a MH.

So not expensive.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My husband started with “We need 8 new tires and they are not cheap, at least 1,000 each”. Sooo $230,000.00 later we got 8 new tires and the dealer threw in the 20,000 pound rated front axle on the 2020 Anthem W for free! The smile on my husband’s face as we take ownership today Better Be Priceless��
Onvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Doesn't bother me.....I just found out that I got a one dollar a month raise from social security..
WOW! I've only been retired for four months and already get a pay raise!
WantAB is offline   Reply With Quote