Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 11:10 AM   #43
G&J

Entegra Owners Club
CR Spotless deionised water

If you want your coach to look like the day you finished polishing it after washing then you will need a crspotless unit.

These units don't cost very much but the results are absolutely brilliant. Apart from the completely spotless finish it takes no time at all to wash your RV and theres no need to towel dry it. Just wash it rinse with the spotless system and walk away, even in brilliant sunshine.

I have managed to negotiate a discount with CRSPOTLESS so just go to their site and order and when you get to the payment page enter the code: GTBR and you will receive a discount.

You will wonder how you lived without one

G
G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 10:04 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
paint sealamt

Is the paint sealant ONLY for new paint/clearcoat? My MH is a 2010. We bought it used and am ready to tackle it. I have used a sealant when my truck was new and it looked great for years. Just not sure about older paint jobs.

Thanks
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To get a spotless finish after washing get a 1 gallon garden sprayer and mix 1 to 2 oz of "Finish Jet Dry" to it, depending on the hardness of the water. "Jet Dry" is the drying aid used in dishwashers. No need for a fancy filter setup. Just spray the solution on and no spots.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post
Is the paint sealant ONLY for new paint/clearcoat? My MH is a 2010. We bought it used and am ready to tackle it. I have used a sealant when my truck was new and it looked great for years. Just not sure about older paint jobs.

Thanks
DICK
It depends on the end quality that you are aiming for. Most sealants don't have any cleaning capabilities but are to protect your finish. If you are happy with your finish then a sealant is a good way to go but if you want to get water spots/swirls out then you need to work on that first with a cleaner/polish/wax/buffer.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:57 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post

Thanks
DICK
No, paint sealant can be used on an older finish, however, don't expect good results unless the paint has been properly restored. Paint sealants and waxes do not add shine, only protection. Shine comes from light hitting a smooth surface. If the paint is rough and scratched, no amount of sealant/wax is going to make it look like new. On a finish as old as yours, you are probably going to have use a random orbital buffer and a compounding polish like Meguair's #105 to restore the finish. It is going to require some elbow grease and time - or $$$ if you want someone to do it.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #48

I just finished doing this to the Anthem. 16 hours or so with a random orbital and Griot polish (Complete Compound) using orange correction pads (went through about six pads, totally destroyed), another six hours with Griot One Step Sealant. After 45,000 miles in the last two and a half years and too many bad wash jobs, it really needed it. Lots of ladder time, so if you aren't cool with the ladder you probably should take it to someone.

Looks great now!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
I just finished doing this to the Anthem. 16 hours or so with a random orbital and Griot polish (Complete Compound) using orange correction pads (went through about six pads, totally destroyed), another six hours with Griot One Step Sealant. After 45,000 miles in the last two and a half years and too many bad wash jobs, it really needed it. Lots of ladder time, so if you aren't cool with the ladder you probably should take it to someone.

Looks great now!

Congrats!

Feels great doesn't it (I mean after a couple Advil and a few beers of course); I find detailing my cars and RV very rewarding..........
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
stevedenesha & Crippsfl--Thanks for the replies. The paint is in great shape. I,ll try some sealant on a small area and see if/how much it helps.

Thanks again,
DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:58 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just tried Griot's one-step sealant on our Prius...one-step sealant has a cleaner built-in to the sealant. Our New coach doesn't have paint flaws that require compounding...so, I'm reluctant to use the complete compound on it. I may wipe it down with speed shine and go straight to the Poly Wax or Paint Sealant or maybe machine polish 4...before the sealant. I just think complete compound may be overkill on a brand new coach.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Congrats!

Feels great doesn't it (I mean after a couple Advil and a few beers of course); I find detailing my cars and RV very rewarding..........
Just finished ours from the roof down. Two coats on the roof & 1 on the rest of the coach.
The heck with Advil & beer I went directly to the 800's & Gin & Tonic !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Congrats!

You bet. On the road with it now and really enjoying how great it looks
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #54

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
Lots of ladder time, so if you aren't cool with the ladder you probably should take it to someone.

Looks great now!

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased one section of staging. It gets me 5' off the ground, that's enough to reach the top of the coach. It even has casters that lock so I can roll it around as needed.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #55

what did you use to get rid of the swirls
jktxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #56

Alpine Owners Club
Hand waxing and hand polishing.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote