Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Comparison - SAT reception on Factory dome vs Winegard Travlr

Just wanted to let anyone know that is contemplating installing/ordering a Winegard a Travlr SAT antenna. I use Dish network (which is an whole other post). My previous RV was an Aspire with the Winegard Roadtrip dome antenna. While it worked okay it was always blanking out during rain showers.

I use the same equipment on my new Anthem which I ordered with the Winegard Travlr antenna and all I can say is wow! I get a great picture, in full HD. Except in all but the most violent storms the picture remains good. The antenna seems unaffected by wind. I have even had to adjust my jacks a couple times to pitch the coach during violent rains and the signal stays locked on.

Highly recommended. Ditch the dome!

PM me if you wish to get info on retrofitting your factory Travlr to receive Dish network.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	63166  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree 100%. With our previous coach, I had purchased and installed a DISH Trav'ler antenna and was just amazed at how well it performed. Had it on the coach for about four years.

Last summer we decided we needed a larger coach and after months of researching, driving, and haggling, we finally decided on our current coach. During our research, we found that most mfg'ers install in-motion dome antennas for DIRECT TV....not DISh and our new Phaeton was no exception. So, we made it a stipulation on the purchase, that they (the dealer) would have to remove our DISH Trav'ler from our old coach and re-install it in place of the dome. Our only problem with that switch was that I had to install two IR-UHF converters so that our IR remotes would access our DISH 722K receivers as the tv system was set up for Direct Tv.

However, we now have excellent tv reception at the push of a single button. Life is good.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Good post Dave. I have to agree, I upgraded from the dome to a Traveler on the TS and what an improvement. I didn't hesitate to order the Traveler on the Entegra. It is money will spent and the easy switch over to Dish is another plus.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #4

It is no way a dome will perform with the Traveler with Dish or DTV. Dish size alone makes the Traveler better under all conditions. Plus you get more Sats at one time. I took my dome off a week after I got my Aspire and put the DTV Traveler on. The picture will just blow you away!!!! Now I have 2 recievers to watch different programming in bedroom or livingroom. One with a DVR.
GET A TRAVELER!!!!!!!
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS DELTA View Post
It is no way a dome will perform with the Traveler with Dish or DTV. Dish size alone makes the Traveler better under all conditions. Plus you get more Sats at one time. I took my dome off a week after I got my Aspire and put the DTV Traveler on. The picture will just blow you away!!!! Now I have 2 recievers to watch different programming in bedroom or livingroom. One with a DVR.
GET A TRAVELER!!!!!!!
Hi All..
I installed a Travler in place of a POS King Dome in my coach in December.. I use Direct and wanted HD anyway.. Last trip out I was camped next to a fellow with a dome and had about the same view.. He said "Are you actually getting a signal"? I said good one.. Come watch.. Some branch obstruction for both of us and he was direct as well..
JMHO
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comparison