Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
1. We have a 2013 Anthem DLQ --the drivers side slide in the b/r is right behind the bay where one services the water and sewer, it is also the perfect height that when you finish serviceing said water and sewer and take off to hook up your toad with your head down, or cap on it will take you to your knees and you can be covered in your own blood. Eight staples in the top of the head later, and I have only run into it 2 or 3 times since (my wife says for me that is learning).
Haven't got staples yet but I am sure heading for them!

Sally, Hailey (Shih Tzu) and Me!
08 Revolution LE 40E
12 Jeep Wrangler,10 FLHX
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I am pretty hard headed, as proven thus far, probably headed towards higher insurance rates, as I will undoubtable dent said slides....probably sooner than later. I have already made numerous attempts. Only a number somewhat less than my attempts to dent the woodwork on the interior of same slide

Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
Entegra Owners Club
I am just waiting for someone to close the vanity/bedroom slide on the toilet room door when standing in the toilet area using the vanity retract button. I am sure the slide would win over the well made toilet door. You made me laugh alot reading the "things not to do" and thanks for being honest and telling the tales. I am sure more have done the same things but never would confess to them. Happy traveling and learning the ins and outs.
Stew & Diane and Marco Polo, Labradoodle
2015 Cornerstone 45B, Ford Flex toad
Green Valley, AZ
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post

Haven't got staples yet but I am sure heading for them!
I've had four. DW made me put big florescent foam corner protectors on (both sides of the coach) to prevent a recurrence. and, no, I'm not posting pictures.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Confessions of an RV-er

Your description of getting wounded by the slideouts made me wince and rub my own head remembering my own experiences. I have been wounded much worse by trips in my luxury RV than living 10 months in the combat zone in Iraq during the Gulf War. Matter of fact my trip two weeks ago to Key West ended up in Urgent Care for three stitches to the leg where I cut myself on my RV.
Dave & Debbie
2014 Anthem 44B
2012 Jeep Rubicon toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #20
Confessions of newbies, continued...

Our first trip in our first RV was February of 2011. We left Pittsburgh and headed to Dallas for the Super Bowl. (You already know how that turned out :( ). We left in our 39' Fleetwood Discovery with 7 of us. Our 4 sons and our close friend. My husband had just had his rotor cuff repaired 3 weeks prior to our departure. He was driving in high winds with a slight handicap... We pulled into the truck stop for fuel 40 minutes from home, hit a tire gully at the pumps and corelle dishes flew out of the cupboard along with the microwave plate... Crash. Lots of pieces. Oh yeah, and the knife block that I moronically placed in an upper cabinet (no more traveling knife block) also came crashing down. After we clean up that mess we head on down the road into a blizzard when we discover that we don't know how to turn on the windshield wipers. DH and good buddy found the switch after about 10 minutes of flipping switches and pushing buttons. We traveled behind our friends in their RV thru high winds and we watched their rear end sway in the wind. I held onto the kitchen table for dear life and prayed. Discovered our toilet seal needed replaced... stinky but plastic wrap stretched across the bowl helps. We drove over the icy and snow covered Dallas roads with no incidents but were amazed at the clueless drivers that have no idea how to drive in that stuff. Took us 2 hours to go 20 miles. Arrive at the campground in the dark to frozen water lines. Couple trips to lowes (rental car) for heat tape and portable heater to thaw lines... And then there was the fact that they don't have any snow removal equipment in Dallas, not even shovels for the sidewalks... oh yeah and we LOST the Super Bowl!

Our second trip (Florida) was when we pulled the slide in and decapitated the meter. We had pulled up a little bit with the slide out... Thankfully DH is an electrician and we fixed it ourselves. I thought the he was gonna blow a gasket over that. It could have been a catastrophe. Then we burned up the hot water tank because we didn't turn some bypass off and there was no water in the tank... Spent a day waiting for the repair guy. Owned that RV for 18 months and didn't know the generator had an auto start feature, that's embarrassing.

So, here we are 2 years later in our new Anthem doing much better at the whole pre trip check list. I read a lot more thoroughly through the manuals and i double check what the DH says he "knows". This weekend we travel to South Carolina so our boys can ride their dirt bikes. We have hook ups which will be great since we usually dry camp. I'm gonna see if my dishwasher works. Lol! It is so hilarious and comforting to read other people's tales of mishaps. Glad we aren't alone on this crazy journey! Thanks for sharing!
Momof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
Just wanted to say a quick "Thank You" to all of you folks that made me feel as though I am not the only one that has put parts of my body in gear before engaging my brain (such as it is). The fun continues and hopefully it will be quite awhile before I add to this list

Blessings on everyone of ya

Chuck, Judy, Sam and Willie (The Boys)
2013 Anthem 44 DLQ
2007 GMC 2500 HD 4wd
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote