Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Unhappy Cornerstone Classic Steps screw up.

I had one of those senior moments a couple of days ago when I let the jacks down with steps out and my stepping stool was caught under them which caused the bottom step to become misaligned and the sliders bent to were the bottom step binds going in and out. I probably should have checked with this forum on the chance that someone might have a set of spare sliders but I went ahead and ordered from Lippert. The price,are you sitting down? $192 each plus shipping. The way I see it I paid $50 for each slider and $150 for punitive damage.

In addition to sliders I had to realign the steps themselves at the frame brackets as they were hitting the fiberglass trim on one side.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Roger,

Ouch!!! So sorry to hear of your misfortune.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Roger, I have ordered upgraded pantry slides on the internet and bought a set at Lowe's in the $30. range. Not sure if they are the same without seeing a picture. How long are the slide? I boughj one set that are to large for the pantry that are rated for 200 lbs. They were $75 for the set. If they'll fit, maybe the high $ ones can be returned. Or I can get the name of the supplier and go direct.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Sorry to hear of your misfortune on the steps...!

I've always had good luck with drawer slides on this website:

https://www.cabinetparts.com/c/drawer-slides

If you drill down they even provide great dimensions and hole patterns.

Once you find the correct manufacturer and part number you can shop it around on the internet.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
$192 each plus shipping. The way I see it I paid $50 for each slider and $150 for punitive damage.
I like the way you phrase it.

I think the $192 price is minor league ripoff. Have you priced parts for an Aquahot lately? Yikes...gold plated. Bring lubricant, you're going to need it.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #6

I know I'm thinking of replacing the floor loop pump and AQ wants $160 for a Buhler pump.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #7

Chuck these are 22" heavy duty slides. Not the kind you can find on the shelf. Since they are riveted to the frame and step I still have to pay for installation.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck these are 22" heavy duty slides. Not the kind you can find on the shelf. Since they are riveted to the frame and step I still have to pay for installation.
It would be interesting to compare them. The slides I order were for heavy safe drawer slides, but I think they are 20 inch. They were also special order, but much less dollar wise. They were to heavy for me to use.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:16 AM   #9

Don't feel bad about your senior moment. Last month I drove off with my power cord still plugged in. I tore ic completely out! Etrailer charged me ~$130 for a new one. Sheesh!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #10

Been there .... done that.....
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:39 PM   #11

I had issues with the step slides on my '13 Cornerstone. The slides were wearing out and the step was deflecting down when we step on it about 3/8". I researched the slide hardware pretty deep then. The slides are made by Knapp & Volk. You should see a K&V stamped on them on the side somewhere. These slides are super heavy duty drawer slides. And if you go to the K&V website you will see where they specifically are not to be used for steps. I pointed this out to Entegra CS and they sent me a new set of slides and rivets. The rivets are not cheap either. Search the Internet for Knapp & Volk slides and you will find a little more reasonable pricing. LCI is always a rip off. I hate dealing with them. Your looking at a big job to replace. There are 50 plus rivets that need to be drilled out if you do both steps. Not for the meek.
petegass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Roger I just finished doing a full installation of the Cornerstone steps, including removing, drilling out and replacing upper and lower sliders. If you are going to do it yourself, I can probably offer some advice to help. If you are paying someone else to do the job, be certain they replace the sliders with stainless rivets. There will be a temptation to use aluminum because it is so much easier but dissimilar metals on the exposed steps is a bad idea. It is a bear of a job and while I know you feel bad - I certainly did - it's just stuff and it will get fixed

Frank
Old 12-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #13

Frank sage advice. Thank you so much. I will have it done because working on the ground under steps is pretty tough for me. Also don't have riveting tool. Thanks again we'll see how it goes.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko Foto View Post
Roger I just finished doing a full installation of the Cornerstone steps, including removing, drilling out and replacing upper and lower sliders. If you are going to do it yourself, I can probably offer some advice to help. If you are paying someone else to do the job, be certain they replace the sliders with stainless rivets. There will be a temptation to use aluminum because it is so much easier but dissimilar metals on the exposed steps is a bad idea. It is a bear of a job and while I know you feel bad - I certainly did - it's just stuff and it will get fixed

Frank
Frank I'm not sure I can tackle the install. It looks to me that the sliders do not separate like the ones on cabinets do. So that means having to install the outside rail to frame first then line up the step so all the rivet holes match! Not sure I have the capability to do that. Any suggestions?

Tags
scr, steps