Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #15

Well... DePere is a southern suburb of Green Bay... Its actually a very nice area..

Maybe its a soon-to-be former Green Bay Packer !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #16
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If there are discrepancies, can't the ad be reported? I know you can report one on Craig's List.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Do a VIN # research and that will tell you the whole true story.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:41 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Do a VIN # research and that will tell you the whole true story.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Here is the vin # results I got
  • 2015 Spartan Partially built from factory
  • VIN: 4VZVU1E98FC079866
  • Style / Body: Multi-Pass Chassis
  • Engine: 14.9L L6 Diesel
  • Country of Assembly: United States
Old 01-26-2016, 05:11 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Incomplete data. Unfortunately that is the generic history of the VIN#. You would have to obtain the complete history of that vehicle VIN# which generally costs a few bucks to see where it is, where it has been registered and licensed, any accidents, etc.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #20

Checking Carfax the VIN is listed if someone wants to buy the reports. Says that there are 2 reports available.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
YES!!!

As they say in the ads on TV, Show me the CarFax man, show me the facts!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #22

New guy question but does the Chassis VIN, in this case Spartan, carry through to the final coach for registration purposes? If there are only two entries on CarFax I would assume that one is the original from Spartan (transfer to Entegra) and the second might be from Entegra to a dealer since the dealer 'buys' the coach from the factory.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
New guy question but does the Chassis VIN, in this case Spartan, carry through to the final coach for registration purposes? If there are only two entries on CarFax I would assume that one is the original from Spartan (transfer to Entegra) and the second might be from Entegra to a dealer since the dealer 'buys' the coach from the factory.
I just compared the Certificate of Origin from Spartan to the Certificate of Origin from Jayco (Entegra). The have the same VIN. The biggest difference between the 2 documents is the shipping weight. Those numbers are what are used to register the coach.

Hope that helps, Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #24
srh

Newmar Owners Club
The owner says that the coach is in Green Bay Wisconsin. He will be available to show the coach to any prospective buyer anytime.
That will be the proof!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #25
CVO

I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but I guess I'll give him a kick.
A lot of assumptions in this thread which may be justified as there is fraud on Ebay but it can easily be avoided with some due diligence.

I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on Ebay including Harleys, cars, computers, and so on. Other than one totally confused seller and a shipping screw up on my part I have had no issues.

Back to this Cornerstone. You all peaked my curiosity with this discussion and since it is in my neck of the woods, i thought I would get the details. So with a "ask the seller a question" I asked for a phone number and offered mine. Within an hour the owner called me and we had a lengthy discussion with no hold back of information. He is not familiar with Ebay so he had his daughter post the ad, hence some mistakes.

This is an excellent coach. A former owner of two American Heritage coaches he traded the last one in March of 15 for the Entegra. It has made 4 longer trips and has around 11,000 miles on it. No pets, no smoking. The owner is totally anal and keeps it spotless and stored inside.

Fully optioned including the Ipad, it also has a Hydralift motorcycle lift that is painted to match. The coach just got back from a full PDI at Entegra last week. It has over a year of Entegra warranty and has a 5 year extended warranty included. A rear ladder was just added at Entegra.

It is only being sold as they recently bought a house in Florida. The DW and I do not care for this floor plan (we are reconsidering) or I would be in Depere twisting his arm trying to cut a deal. If your interested, send a message through Ebay or RV Trader and you will have a pleasant conversation with a knowledgeable owner who prefers the Entegra over the American.

No scam or drama here, just a nice coach. I know, that's no fun.
CVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVO View Post
I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but I guess i'll give him a kick.
A lot of assumptions in this thread which may be justified as there is fraud on Ebay but it can easily be avoided with some due diligence.

I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on Ebay including Harleys, cars, computers, and so on. Other than one totally confused seller and a shipping screw up on my part I have had no issues.

Back to this Cornerstone. You all peaked my curiosity with this discussion and since it is in my neck of the woods, i thought I would get the details. So with a "ask the seller a question" I asked for a phone number and offered mine. Within an hour the owner called me and we had a lengthy discussion with no hold back of information. He is not familiar with Ebay so he had his daughter post the ad, hence some mistakes.

This is an excellent coach. A former owner of two American Heritage coaches he traded the last one in March of 15 for the Entegra. It has made 4 longer trips and has around 11,000 miles on it. No pets, no smoking. The owner is totally anal and keeps it spotless and stored inside.

Fully optioned including the Ipad, it also has a Hydralift motorcycle lift that is painted to match. The coach just got back from a full PDI at Entegra last week. It has over a year of Entegra warranty and has a 5 year extended warranty included. A rear ladder was just added at Entegra.

It is only being sold as they recently bought a house in Florida. The DW and I do not care for this floor plan (we are reconsidering) or I would be in Depere twisting his arm trying to cut a deal. If your interested, send a message through Ebay or RV Trader and you will have a pleasant conversation with a knowledgeable owner who prefers the Entegra over the American.

No scam or drama here, just a nice coach. I know, that's no fun.
Thanks for the report, just proves sometimes when things don't line up perfectly...........a person is just having a little trouble, not trying to scam people. Let the shopping begin
Old 01-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Excellent report and glad it's not a scam. Just a lot of red flags on the ad, but that can happen. Thanks for bringing us up to date.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Also look at the fireplace in the two different photos of couch colors. The photo with the light color couch still has the stickers on the fireplace glass, the dark color couch photo the fireplace is clean. For sure not the same MH photos.....stolen from dealers photos????

Also offering to ship a large MH to many different countries is a little strange.
I'm not going give an option on the listing being legit or not, there is already plenty of negative responses to the listing. But I will say that I don't see anything wrong with offering to ship the coach out of the country. Ebay has offered for some time what they call "Globel Shipping".

Quoted from eBay
"The Global Shipping Program simplifies selling an item to an international buyer. All eligible listings for sellers who qualify are automatically included in the Global Shipping Program. Here's how it works:

List your item.
Your item sells to an international buyer in an eligible country.
You ship the item to a US shipping center.
International shipping experts manage the international shipping and customs process and send the item to the buyer." End of quote

Ebay calculates the shipping and any customs cost and collects the money from the buyer. It's pretty simple and no hassle for the seller!
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale